Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

The TD was bullsh!t, but the concussion just made me fecking ill.

This was gonna be a huge breakout day for Lacy's career. Now he may miss the whole first 1/4 of the season. I mean, you really wanna bring him back and risk another follow up concussion? Especially with this over cautious staff. He likely sits until after the bye.

Doesn't it just seem like if one of OUR guys did that, he'd be ejected?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

No because Matthews would of got ejected last week.

I don't think Lacy will miss at least more than 1 game. This gives Franklin and especially Starks a chance to shine. I wanted to see Franklin get a carry or 2 but I understand that they thought Starks had the hot hand.

I don't think they'd be overly cautious for more than 1 game as well with Lacy. It didn't look as bad as Meriwether got it. I bet he'll be cleared for this week.
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
A series of bad coincidences going back to the Fail Mary, including the repeat of 3rd down in the Niners game, those two missed helmet to helmets by Merriweather (he got what he deserved with his own concussion), and including this questionable if not outright bad TD call - I also thought he didn't have control, but at that point in the game, it didn't make any substantial difference.

I just don't see any pattern of bias in NFL officiating - NOT like the NBA with its blatant favoritism of certain teams and bias against others including the Bucks, and NOT like some college officiating such as the blatantly prejudicial behavior where Pac 10 officials STOLE that game from the Badgers (and apparently that sort of thing has happened before).

But the NFL? Nope - just stupid mistakes that have hurt us more recently, no prejudice.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
OlHoss1884
10 years ago
Yeaj I don't believe in the conspiracy theory either, but I am getting tired of seeing game-changing bad calls go against the Packers. The Fail Mary, the extra play for the 49ers last week, the missed helmet to helmet, the bad Moss TD call. These things happen, and generally they even out over time, but this seems to be so lopsided the last year that I hope Murphy talks to the league about it.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
sschind
10 years ago

The TD was bullsh!t, but the concussion just made me fecking ill.

This was gonna be a huge breakout day for Lacy's career. Now he may miss the whole first 1/4 of the season. I mean, you really wanna bring him back and risk another follow up concussion? Especially with this over cautious staff. He likely sits until after the bye.

I'll say this about you Nerdman, you are good a slinging the bullshit. The word bullshit anyway. Seems like it comes up in a lot of your posts, especially any dealing with the officials. Some people would call it whining.

For the record I agree that it was not a TD but the ref saw it differently. Its one of those instances where I would have said there is not enough evidence to overturn the call as it was made on the field. The ref on the field called it OOB (as I think it should have been) but the replay official saw it differently. It was close.

I hope Lacy doesn't miss more than 1 game (hope he doesn't miss any but with a concussion nowadays its almost certain a player will miss 1) but yeah, with the week 4 bye I could see them holding him out until week 5.
sschind
10 years ago

A series of bad coincidences going back to the Fail Mary, including the repeat of 3rd down in the Niners game, those two missed helmet to helmets by Merriweather (he got what he deserved with his own concussion), and including this questionable if not outright bad TD call - I also thought he didn't have control, but at that point in the game, it didn't make any substantial difference.

I just don't see any pattern of bias in NFL officiating - NOT like the NBA with its blatant favoritism of certain teams and bias against others including the Bucks, and NOT like some college officiating such as the blatantly prejudicial behavior where Pac 10 officials STOLE that game from the Badgers (and apparently that sort of thing has happened before).

But the NFL? Nope - just stupid mistakes that have hurt us more recently, no prejudice.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Exactly, I'll bet if you ask a group of fans from every other team in the league 29 of the 31 would say the same thing for their team. It's just poor officiating all around. When it comes to the leading with the crown of the helmet thing though I think what will happen is that after a game like this the refs will get a letter saying they need to make those calls so I expect to see a bunch of them next week. If you are going to make the rule you had better enforce the rule. Otherwise you will get fans crying "you called it against us this week but you didn't call it for us last week, you are biased against us"

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

The issue with this play is it comes down to wherever the official decides Moss gained control of the ball. I say he didn't gain control of it until just before it hit his leg. The ref obviously believes he gained control of it just after the ball hit his hands, when his arms were still raised, which at that point his first foot was still on the ground. While I disagree with his opinion, I can certainly see why the ruling was made the way it was. If you polled all the teams of refs in the league I bet its probably a 70-30 split incomplete vs TD.

In before someone says you can say the above about every catch.

PS your avatar is hynotizing

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

good summation Dan.

I didn't think he had possession so no td. The guys in the booth who have logged a little time in the game didn't think he had possession. The "hired Ref" didn't think so but he gets as many wrong as he gets correct.

it is just another time when someone looks at the facts and comes up with the wrong answer.

UserPostedImage
StoicFire
10 years ago

What's up with the officiating? Do they really hate the Packers that much?

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

Are the Packers hated throughout the league or something?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I believe there is an agenda with the referees to keep the games as close as possible, in order to maximize tv viewership... ...However as a superior team, it can play against us during the regular season, as we will often be favored, hence calls will go against us to keep the game close.

I don't respect this to be received well, but I find this to be inaccurate and borderline embarrassing.

I didn't think Moss had controlled possession, and I thought the hit on Lacy was an obvious penalty, but I also realize that the game is played very fast and the officials are subject to human error. I think the NFL refs do an incredible job each week. It is perfectly reasonable to have an issue with a few calls per game, but I find it utterly ridiculous to suggest we are any more of a victim then most (or all) other teams.
"the Quarterback can run if he wants to, but with this rocket attached to your body... who would?" -Aaron Rodgers
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

I don't respect this to be received well, but I find this to be inaccurate and borderline embarrassing.

I didn't think Moss had controlled possession, and I thought the hit on Lacy was an obvious penalty, but I also realize that the game is played very fast and the officials are subject to human error. I think the NFL refs do an incredible job each week. It is perfectly reasonable to have an issue with a few calls per game, but I find it utterly ridiculous to suggest we are any more of a victim then most (or all) other teams.

Originally Posted by: StoicFire 

As you say I just can't see some hidden agenda at work. Highly dubious.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
StoicFire, I was just wondering, is this line at the bottom of your posts a true quote from Aaron Rodgers?

""the Quarterback can run if he wants to, but with this rocket attached to your body... who would?" -Aaron Rodgers"
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
gbguy20
10 years ago

StoicFire, I was just wondering, is this line at the bottom of your posts a true quote from Aaron Rodgers?

""the Quarterback can run if he wants to, but with this rocket attached to your body... who would?" -Aaron Rodgers"

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

doesnt show up in google.