Laser Gunns
10 years ago
that DL is scary stuff.

the OTs better bring their A-game.

I don't think we can afford another "lull" from the offense.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago
Do not underestimate The Bengals this year.

Their defense is one of the best in the AFC, if not the best, they gave one away on opening day against DA Bears, and are coming off an emotional win over The Steelers Monday night.

Packers once again get the advantage of playing a team coming off a short week, I'll take any advantage that is given.

Seems to me the stronger defensive teams are in the NFC, but this isn't The Bengals of even 5 years ago.

Rookie RB and The "law firm" Ben Jarvis Green Ellis make a pretty good rb tandem, Dalton has some weapons on the inside and outside.

Don't use The Steelers game as an example of what their offense can do.

I compare The Bengal/Steeler rivalry to The Packer/Bears, when those 2 teams play each other it's never pretty and usually turns into a slobber knocker.

I hope The Packers can come out firing on all cylinders and can put up points early.

I'm betting on this turning into a shootout.

Packers 45 Bengals 31
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DarkaneRules
10 years ago
I think we lose a close one here guys. I have a lot of respect for their D. The key to this game for me: Us getting turnovers
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Yerko
10 years ago
I haven't been thoroughly impressed with the Bengals this season. I know it is early and kinks could still be getting worked out for each team but for awhile now, they have been crowned the ones to beat in the AFC. So far we have two samples, a loss against the Bears and a 20-10 win over the Steelers (I agree with the comparison of Bengals/Steelers to Packers/Bears).

While they do have the threat of of two tight ends, the only option outside of that is AJ Green (who is a damn monster). The Steelers had shown that he can be taken out of the game with multiple coverages. Chicago gambled and decided they were going to stick Tillman on him and Green ate him alive. I am hoping that the Packers do not leave him with single coverage because he will absolutely destroy any of our corners....destroy.

I don't think the Bengals run game is as much of a threat as it is being touted to be. Green-Ellis will get the Bengals a few yards here and there but never break the big one and Bernard is still a rookie. Bernard can break a big run at any time but so long as someone gets contact on him, he will go down.

Bengals defense will surely be tough. Not as tough as the 49ers though. We have Aaron Rodgers and Co so aside from the Bengals front, this defense isn't that scary. If the Packers can muster up a run game early (and not force it), we are going to see Cincinnati cave. That is where this Cincy defense is weak. If a team gets up on them or is beating them consistently, they can be easy to break.

I expect just that. Its not going to be a pretty game because I don't think our defense has the tools to stop this offense.

Packers take it 34-28.
UserPostedImage
Tezzy
10 years ago
I think the middle pressure by the Bengals defense will be countered well by Rodgers and the receivers playing the sidelines as well as any receiving group in the league. Not looking for much from the run game as usual. Defensively, keeping a lid on their tight ends and not letting Green have the big play is going to be where my blood pressure is elevated. I think we can maintain our good run defense and can bring more QB pressure without having to worry about the run threat like we have weeks one and two. I think this game comes down to the last minutes of the 4th quarter.

Packers 27
Bengals 23
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
nerdmann
10 years ago
They're gonna get Franklin the ball in space today.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago
Tough but winnable game on the road vs a playoff caliber team.

30-23
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
DarkaneRules
10 years ago

I think we lose a close one here guys. I have a lot of respect for their D. The key to this game for me: Us getting turnovers

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

Well we were on a roll there. Sucks to be right again. Once we took the lead I thought we would keep it. I think there will be some changes from this game. Thank god we have a bye!
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
Losing James Starks hurt. Johnathan Franklin did good, but would have been better if he could have been backed up by Starks.
Losing Jermichael Finley hurts the offense big time. I wonder if any Finley haters will acknowledge that yet.
Losing Clay Matthews III didn't help things either.

Bottom line, Packers were outplayed and are simply not a contender.

@jasonjwilde Bakhtiari misses cut block at the most critical time. Johnson deflects pass intended for Jones. #Packers will lose 34-30.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago

Well we were on a roll there. Sucks to be right again. Once we took the lead I thought we would keep it. I think there will be some changes from this game. Thank god we have a bye!

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

If there were only 5:00 remaining after that bad INT by Rodgers, we win. Instead there were 15:00.

There's plenty we can learn from in this game.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (7h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.