Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline beast  
#26 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:04:02 AM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 320



I don't see the Browns getting rid of Joe Thomas for just a 1st. I think they didn't think Richardson was as good as his hype and/or they could replace him rather easily.


Though some other Browns players that might be helpful (though I don't think they'd be willing to trade more of them)

OLB Jabaal Sheard
CB Joe Haden
WR Josh Gordon
S T. J. Ward
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline play2win  
#27 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 5:12:51 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Actually, I like David Bakhtiari. I think he will be fine developing alongside Josh Sitton. He's played two games, one against one of the top pass rushes in all of football and he played admirably.

If we need a player via midseason trade, it is a veteran, top tier Safety.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DakotaT on 9/21/2013(UTC)
Online DakotaT  
#28 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 6:54:47 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 669
Applause Received: 1,374

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Actually, I like David Bakhtiari. I think he will be fine developing alongside Josh Sitton. He's played two games, one against one of the top pass rushes in all of football and he played admirably.

If we need a player via midseason trade, it is a veteran, top tier Safety.


How cool would it be if Bacteria was the answer we've been looking for since 2 years before Clifton retired.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 9/21/2013(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#29 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 7:57:33 AM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
The "Bulaga and a case of Miller" thing was from Dakota's post, not mine hahahahaha. To me, reasonable is our first round pick plus one or more additional draft picks - 1st, 3rd, and 5th for example.



Sorry, got it mixed up. Besides, I think the case of Miller would be a deal breaker. Make it Leinenkugels and they might go for it, especially their new "Hoppin Helles"

A first and a fifth, Yeah, I could maybe see that, I don't know if Cleveland would. 1st and 3rd, now you are getting close to too much. Anything more than that, no way. As others have said, he is 29 and while he is as close to a guarantee as you can get they could take and LT at both those spots and hope to get lucky. I know, I know hope don't get you much, especially looking at their track record on the OL, but they could also package those two picks on draft day and move up to get a better prospect. I know that's still a risk but since you would be getting a younger player I think that would be the more likely route for Ted Thompson to take than to trade.

Also, like others have pointed out, if you are looking for a franchise QB why would you trade away his best protection to get him. Trade away Thomas and you have to spend a high round pick to replace him (in theory) well, you don't have that high round pick because you just traded them all away to get your franchise QB.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline sschind  
#30 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 8:09:03 AM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
I don't see the Browns getting rid of Joe Thomas for just a 1st. I think they didn't think Richardson was as good as his hype and/or they could replace him rather easily.


Though some other Browns players that might be helpful (though I don't think they'd be willing to trade more of them)

OLB Jabaal Sheard
CB Joe Haden
WR Josh Gordon
S T. J. Ward


I thought I had posted on this but maybe it was on another board or something. I would love to see someone like Gordon. It would make the loss of Jame Jones next year much easier to take. and with a great QB like rodgers he could easily be a top 5 WR. He may be a character risk sure but as so many people like to think, Green Bay is the place to go to fix things like that. I wouldn't mind Haden either.

Still, something tells me these guys are not going anywhere unless the current regime is hell bent on putting their mark on this team. Like so many who think the Colts screwed the pooch on this one RBs are easier to replace than those other guys.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#31 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 8:31:13 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 482
Applause Received: 292

Why would they trade away their all-world OT if they are looking for a star-quality QB?

Well, first of all, I agree, they probably wouldn't if they were smart (here's hoping they aren't smart hahaha). But if they did, like some said, it would be about a five year program for them, and in five years, Thomas will be 34 - maybe on the edge of losing his edge.

I still say, for now at least, this is all smoke generated by us fans. He sure would be a nice addition, though.

As for Bakhtiari, etc., there is "good", and there is "great". Bakhtiari very well might become "good" - which is really all Chad Clifton ever was, and a "good" left tackle might be all the Packers need to dominate the league. When we drafted Sherrod, though, I, for one, was dreaming of having a "great" left tackle. Thomas would be that, and considering what we have gotten from most of our recent first round picks, I'd gladly do a deal like that and even throw in one or two additional picks.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline PackerTraxx  
#32 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 9:11:15 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

If we could somehow manage to get Joe it would be a dream come true. You would not be able to wipe the smile off of Aaron's face "nohow", and probably not the RB's faces either!!!
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline play2win  
#33 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 3:35:34 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
How cool would it be if Bacteria was the answer we've been looking for since 2 years before Clifton retired.


No doubt Dakota. It would be freaking awesome. I think it will be. I think he will be great for us. Just have to be patient and see it happen. I'm hopeful. Have to be, because there is no way Thomas gets dealt to GB. I can't see Ted pulling that trigger.
Online DakotaT  
#34 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 3:49:58 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 669
Applause Received: 1,374

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
No doubt Dakota. It would be freaking awesome. I think it will be. I think he will be great for us. Just have to be patient and see it happen. I'm hopeful. Have to be, because there is no way Thomas gets dealt to GB. I can't see Ted pulling that trigger.


Yeah, I don't even know why we go through stupid threads like this one. Makes us look like a bunch of asshats.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#35 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 5:00:58 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, I don't even know why we go through stupid threads like this one. Makes us look like a bunch of asshats.


Well, there is a lot of football left to be played, and Since69 is a guy I posted with years ago, and he knows what he 'a talking about.

Thomas would make a great addition, but also at great cost. Ted will choose best value, and that may be Bakhtiari. If the kid kicks some ass and keeps Rodgers protected, he could go down as one of Ted's greatest draft day steals.

I like that the kid plays mean.

If he doesn't work out, they still have bodies to take over, but getting Thomas, as appealing as it may sound, would prove near impossible. It's Ted for chrissakes!
Online DakotaT  
#36 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 5:07:58 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 669
Applause Received: 1,374

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Well, there is a lot of football left to be played, and Since69 is a guy I posted with years ago, and he knows what he 'a talking about.

Thomas would make a great addition, but also at great cost. Ted will choose best value, and that may be Bakhtiari. If the kid kicks some ass and keeps Rodgers protected, he could go down as one of Ted's greatest draft day steals.

I like that the kid plays mean.


I have about as much faith in the Packers signing Joe Thomas as I do in Texas growing a heart in that Nazi body of his. Since69 is a very knowledgeable Packers fan.
UserPostedImage
Offline sschind  
#37 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 7:20:54 PM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Well, there is a lot of football left to be played, and Since69 is a guy I posted with years ago, and he knows what he 'a talking about.

Thomas would make a great addition, but also at great cost. Ted will choose best value, and that may be Bakhtiari. If the kid kicks some ass and keeps Rodgers protected, he could go down as one of Ted's greatest draft day steals.

I like that the kid plays mean.

If he doesn't work out, they still have bodies to take over, but getting Thomas, as appealing as it may sound, would prove near impossible. It's Ted for chrissakes!


I don't think there would be more than 1 or 2 GMs in the league that would make the trade for Thomas. Granted not all need a left tackle but not only is the asking price going to be high (more than the first rounder they got for Richardson no doubt) but the salary cap implications are very tough. So to say "It's Ted for chrissakes" is rather inaccurate. I understand where you were going with it but in this case I don't think it applies.

I can pretty much guarantee you that if Ted Thompson did pull off this trade at least half of the Packers fans would be screaming because they gave up too much.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline beast  
#38 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 8:21:48 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 320


While we're dreaming about Ted Thompson trading for big names...

It sounds like FS Jairus Byrd wants out of Buffalo according to some rumors.
Of course he was tagged this last year so he's getting almost 7 million and a FA this coming season so Ted Thompson would probably want a long term deal in place before making the trade (then again he probably wouldn't make the trade, but it's fun to think about) and the Packers are weak at Safety especially with Burnett out.

Of course it sounds like Bills want to keep him, but they have to work out a long term deal out with him, and it sounds like he might want out of Buffalo and he's in a contract year, and since he's already tagged, they would have to pay a good bit more to tag him two years in a row.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Online nerdmann  
#39 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 7:14:48 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,713
Applause Received: 665

No way I see this trade happening, BUT...

If (and I don't want to jinx him) Lord forbid Bakhtieri would go down or we'd lose Barclay for the year, would Ted pick up the phone? Keep in mind, if we can make it to week six, Sherrod might be able to bail us out.

It's still a long shot imo.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 9/22/2013(UTC)
Offline Dulak  
#40 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 7:17:17 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 1/19/2009(UTC)
Location: London, UK (from kenosha)

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 104

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
No way I see this trade happening, BUT...

If (and I don't want to jinx him) Lord forbid Bakhtieri would go down or we'd lose Barclay for the year, would Ted pick up the phone? Keep in mind, if we can make it to week six, Sherrod might be able to bail us out.

It's still a long shot imo.


Why we even bothering talking about this - we cant afford jack and even if we could ted wont spend on a FA ...

We got a ton of money going out the window next year ... our 22 million dollar man will have to be without a pro LT.

Message modified by user Sunday, September 22, 2013 9:15:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline texaspackerbacker  
#41 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 7:56:52 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 482
Applause Received: 292

OK, suppose it went down like this - who would be for it and who would be against it:

Thomas for a second round pick plus Bakhtiari?

Or how about Thomas for a second round pick plus Sherrod?

Would we be better off in let's say 3-4 years? Or would Cleveland?
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Wade  
#42 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 8:19:46 AM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 684
Applause Received: 717

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
OK, suppose it went down like this - who would be for it and who would be against it:

Thomas for a second round pick plus Bakhtiari?

Or how about Thomas for a second round pick plus Sherrod?

Would we be better off in let's say 3-4 years? Or would Cleveland?


TT's not giving up Bakhtiari at this point. He might give up Sherrod.

But a 2 isn't going to be enough. There'll need to be a 1 or extra picks there.

1 and 3 and a player.
2,3, and 1 next year and a player
2,3, and 2,3 next year and a player.
etc.

Probably have to add a late round pick to any of those, too.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#43 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 8:30:19 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

Ted has proven he is going to stick with his guys, he is not going to give up picks and/or players plus sign a high priced FA.

He is going to stick with his plan.

Bakhtiari is only going to get better, he wasn't suppose to be starting, thankfully he has shown that he will be a solid LT.

No sense in worrying, just isn't worth it, both tackles will get another good test today, IMHO they are up to the challenge.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline play2win  
#44 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 8:30:56 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
I don't think there would be more than 1 or 2 GMs in the league that would make the trade for Thomas. Granted not all need a left tackle but not only is the asking price going to be high (more than the first rounder they got for Richardson no doubt) but the salary cap implications are very tough. So to say "It's Ted for chrissakes" is rather inaccurate. I understand where you were going with it but in this case I don't think it applies.

I can pretty much guarantee you that if Ted Thompson did pull off this trade at least half of the Packers fans would be screaming because they gave up too much.


That Ted comment was completely tongue in cheek.

Yeah, the price may be way too high for just about anyone. No doubt. High pick or picks, plus maybe a player, for a gigantic cap hit, and a sure LT, 29 years old.

beast, I'd love for Ted to hit that Byrd trade. Now, that's the kind of move that could win us a Super Bowl or two. Would a Thomas trade do the same? Possibly.

I'll never argue against landing a top talent at his position in the NFL, even at a high cost.
Online nerdmann  
#45 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 8:58:11 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,713
Applause Received: 665

Even if bacteria went down, I don't think Ted makes this trade.

Newhouse would step in until Sherrod is ready (if he indeed is going to be) and Lang becomes the "next man up" at both T positions.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline sschind  
#46 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:24:47 PM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
OK, suppose it went down like this - who would be for it and who would be against it:

Thomas for a second round pick plus Bakhtiari?

Or how about Thomas for a second round pick plus Sherrod?

Would we be better off in let's say 3-4 years? Or would Cleveland?


I'm guessing everyone this side of Cleveland would be for it but I highly doubt the ones who matter (the Browns) wouldn't go for it.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline sschind  
#47 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:33:33 PM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
That Ted comment was completely tongue in cheek.

Yeah, the price may be way too high for just about anyone. No doubt. High pick or picks, plus maybe a player, for a gigantic cap hit, and a sure LT, 29 years old.

beast, I'd love for Ted to hit that Byrd trade. Now, that's the kind of move that could win us a Super Bowl or two. Would a Thomas trade do the same? Possibly.

I'll never argue against landing a top talent at his position in the NFL, even at a high cost.


Fair enough but you weren't the only one making the inferences about Ted Thompson not pulling the trigger. yours just happened to be the one I quoted.

The thing is I wouldn't be opposed to trading a #1
and a later round or a #1 and a player (depending on the player obviously) I agree that there are certain positions that just make you many times better if you have a top level talent there and if you can get them great.

On a side note did you see the genius article on CBS sports (I think it was cbs) some genius reporter seems to think that if the Browns are going to trade Thomas they could do it before the trade deadline. Well no shit Sherlock, thanks for that gem. I figured for sure they would wait until AFTER the trade deadline and then trade him.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Online DakotaT  
#48 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:53:44 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 669
Applause Received: 1,374

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post


On a side note did you see the genius article on CBS sports (I think it was cbs) some genius reporter seems to think that if the Browns are going to trade Thomas they could do it before the trade deadline. Well no sh!t Sherlock, thanks for that gem. I figured for sure they would wait until AFTER the trade deadline and then trade him.


We have people in our little family that would do a better job on writing articles that a lot of those ass clowns.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 9/22/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
14m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Laser Gunns

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Laser Gunns

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

25-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Rios39

25-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr