yooperfan
10 years ago

After Adrian Peterson's first carry against he Lions, they shut him down quite well. It'll be interesting to see how the Packers RB's fair.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

IMO the difference will be that we have a QB who can actually pass the ball and complete passes.
This should loosen up the run game more than the Vikes could.

Dulak
10 years ago

IMO the difference will be that we have a QB who can actually pass the ball and complete passes.
This should loosen up the run game more than the Vikes could.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

ya watched the lions chicago game and stafford really cant throw that well ... at least when you compare him to rodgers.

He's got some decent receivers but so do we.

oh ya we should be happy we dont have a qb like cutler - geez Id hate my team if he was on it. Looks like such a sour puss. Especially with him throwing all the INTs
mi_keys
10 years ago

ya watched the lions chicago game and stafford really cant throw that well ... at least when you compare him to rodgers.

He's got some decent receivers but so do we.

oh ya we should be happy we dont have a qb like cutler - geez Id hate my team if he was on it. Looks like such a sour puss. Especially with him throwing all the INTs

Originally Posted by: Dulak 

Stafford missed some throws badly early on. The Lions could have been up much bigger in that first half had Stafford not been so erratic.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Dulak
10 years ago

Stafford missed some throws badly early on. The Lions could have been up much bigger in that first half had Stafford not been so erratic.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

agree - the lions really trounced the bears that game but stafford really didnt shine in the 1st 1/2. He was over throwing etc ... was like a kid throwing a football with bad hand eye corordination
steveishere
10 years ago
That's who Stafford is all the time, not just a 1 game thing. He'll drop back and have a clean pocket but still throw a stupid pass sidearm off his back foot. For no reason he just does these weird things where if you watch guys like Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers they have the same motions and mechanics pretty much every time.
mi_keys
10 years ago

That's who Stafford is all the time, not just a 1 game thing. He'll drop back and have a clean pocket but still throw a stupid pass sidearm off his back foot. For no reason he just does these weird things where if you watch guys like Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers they have the same motions and mechanics pretty much every time.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Yup. He's Brett Favre without the talent to be Brett Favre.
Born and bred a cheesehead
porky88
10 years ago
Next two weeks are huge because the schedule softens. This game could get Green Bay rolling or it could derail the season, as a Detroit victory sends them to 4-1 and drops Green Bay to 1-3.

Defensively, stop Reggie Bush. Let Calvin Johnson get his 145 yards and a touchdown. It's Bush that makes this Lions team complete. He's the player that extends drives and hits you for a big play. In previous seasons, it was all about Matthew Stafford finding Johnson. That didn't work too often against the Packers or many other teams. Make those two players beat you instead of the other 51.

Offensively, I think the short-passing game will help early. Losing Jermichael Finley was big against Cincinnati. It took away the center of the field and it hurt the short-passing game. When Rodgers knows pressure is coming, he checks to Finley often. In previous seasons, Finley wouldn't do much or drop the ball, but he's playing great this year. He's faster, stronger, and catching the ball. These plays seem trivial, but they're extending drives or setting Green Bay up with manageable third downs.

I'm also curious as to how Green Bay uses Johnathan Franklin and Eddie Lacy. I'm excited about the prospect of having two young running backs impact this offense.

It should be fun. I’m expecting a ton of points. Just throwing this out there, but the Packers are 21-1 in their last 22 regular-season home games, and the Lions haven’t won in Wisconsin since 1991.
Yerko
10 years ago
I am trying to figure out where all this hoopla is coming from for the Lions as their 3-1 record is against pretty abysmal teams. They have barely beat the Vikings and the Redksins, beat an over-hyped Bears team and lost tot he Cardinals (who are just as bad as the Vikings). They are 3-1 though and that's really all that matters.

Maybe I am giving the Packers too much credit but I think they handle the Lions pretty easily this game. Aside from their defensive line, the Lions are outmatched in every other aspect of the game. Reggie Bush will determine if the offense succeeds or not but I think the Packers defense will zone in on him.

Rodgers is coming off of having to sit on a loss (that should have been a win) for two weeks. We all know how Rodgers is and I think he comes out on fire. Add to that, we get Eddie Lacy and Jermichael Finley back in the mix which will allow Rodgers those short passes if the Lions defensive line is breaking through easily. As long as the Packers offensive line can do an average job against the Lions defensive line, the Packers should come out on top Sunday afternoon.

Expect a high scoring game...

Packers- 38
Lions- 31
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago

I am trying to figure out where all this hoopla is coming from for the Lions as their 3-1 record is against pretty abysmal teams. They have barely beat the Vikings and the Redksins, beat an over-hyped Bears team and lost tot he Cardinals (who are just as bad as the Vikings). They are 3-1 though and that's really all that matters.

Maybe I am giving the Packers too much credit but I think they handle the Lions pretty easily this game. Aside from their defensive line, the Lions are outmatched in every other aspect of the game. Reggie Bush will determine if the offense succeeds or not but I think the Packers defense will zone in on him.

Rodgers is coming off of having to sit on a loss (that should have been a win) for two weeks. We all know how Rodgers is and I think he comes out on fire. Add to that, we get Eddie Lacy and Jermichael Finley back in the mix which will allow Rodgers those short passes if the Lions defensive line is breaking through easily. As long as the Packers offensive line can do an average job against the Lions defensive line, the Packers should come out on top Sunday afternoon.

Expect a high scoring game...

Packers- 38
Lions- 31

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

We're at home AND just off a bye. Two enormous advantages.

I classify it as a must win game btw. We really shit ourselves against the BeenGirls and now we're behind the 8ball at 1-2.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago
Coming off the bye, people are getting healthy, at home, Rodgers will be razor sharp, running game looking good. I think this will be the game is Datone Jones coming out party. Defense will force some turnovers early and the team will roll to victory. Stat Padford will add some garbage points late.

45-21
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (8h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.