Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 12:56:49 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,283

If that were to happen, what would your thoughts/feelings be?

I think it would be a good fit for both the Packers and Freeman. Gives the Packers a solid #2 and gives Freeman a chance to learn. And Freeman can teach Aaron Rodgers how to pull off a 4th quarter comeback!

Is Josh Freeman a vested veteran? Does he have to be subjected to the waiver wire? Packers are 1 - 2, this might be good for them, although I think the Jaguars should snap him up.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Online DarkaneRules  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:13:10 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 361

I personally think he may be going into treatment. It is a hunch I have.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 10/3/2013(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:20:20 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 382
Applause Received: 475

He was released. He's only been in the league for 4 years, I think will have to clear waivers, sounds like the head coach down there really threw him under the bus.

Nobody puts a claim in for him the next 24 hours he will be a FA.

Haven't heard much about Seneca's progress, this seems to be the year Ted and Mike are purging the team of young qb's, interesting to see if they make a move on hi if they get a chance.

Still think Matt Flynn will become available, if not soon, at the end of the year and he will be back where he belongs.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:24:24 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,786
Applause Received: 676

Do they run a WCO down there?

Dude probly wants to start, but not sure he's gonna get a chance.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:32:31 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

He's going to a team where he can start. I highly doubt we will sign him. I don't see the point anyways, it's not like he's gonna do anything if Rodgers goes down (knock on wood), and if we do sign him, he won't probably be with us next year. I also see the Vince Young Effect coming in.
Offline Since69  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:32:32 PM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 83

The way he's stunk up the joint this year, he couldn't start anywhere but Jacksonville...

That said, I'd take him as a backup in a heartbeat.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 4:00:48 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: Since69 Go to Quoted Post
The way he's stunk up the joint this year, he couldn't start anywhere but Jacksonville...

That said, I'd take him as a backup in a heartbeat.

Smartest move he could make would be to come hear and learn under Mike.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 10/3/2013(UTC)
Online wpr  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 4:19:47 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,235
Applause Received: 1,556

I'd take him as a backup.
UserPostedImage
Offline Tezzy  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 4:47:23 PM(UTC)
Tezzy

United States

Applause Given: 30
Applause Received: 87

I can't believe the Jaguars would pass on this kid. If he does get another gig, whatever money he makes under a new contract would that subtract from what the Bucs owe him after the new year?
On top of every beard grows a man.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 5:00:13 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 382
Applause Received: 475

Originally Posted by: Tezzy Go to Quoted Post
I can't believe the Jaguars would pass on this kid. If he does get another gig, whatever money he makes under a new contract would that subtract from what the Bucs owe him after the new year?

Bucs cut him a check for 5.9 mil today and said audios.(ouch), hate to see what their cap space looks like now.

Jaguars, or anyone else(Jags are 1st in line, then Steelers and so on) can put a claim on him in the next 24 hours and then negotiate a new contract.

Or if no one puts a claim on him in 24 hours , he is free to sign with any team in the NFL.

Freeman must have really pissed off the Tampa bay organization for them to pay him 5.9 mil to just go away.

Reported they called every team trying to work a trade, but of course no one would bite.

edit: whoever signs him gets to negotiate new contract.
The 5.9 mil(guaranteed money) paid by Bucs was what they had to do to release him.

Message modified by user Thursday, October 3, 2013 5:40:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline nyrpack  
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 5:05:58 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 68

think hes gonna go somewhere he thinks he can be a starter obviously not here, makes too much money for a clipboard holder !!
jimmy b.
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 7:34:44 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 495
Applause Received: 305

My first thought was that the money would make it impractical, but I guess that is out of the picture with the payoff he got from Tampa.

He was a QB with a strong accurate arm and good ability to escape the rush or get open. I'd grab him - or at least offer him a minimum contract - and train him in the Packer way of doing things. Any backup QB is a hit to the starter away from starting. He certainly could afford to take a minimum contract after receiving that payoff, and playing for the Packers is a great thing in two ways: an excellent place to improve his QB skills AND if, heaven forbid, he had to play, it would be on a contending team, most of which don't need a backup QB.

This is all smoke, however, as the Packers just don't swing that way - re-educating down-on-their-luck but skillful veterans. Also, SOMETHING is causing Freeman's problems this season. Either it is known but nobody is saying (maybe the ritalin thing for example), or else the cause is unknown. Either way, the Packers seem to shy away from that sort of thing.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Laser Gunns  
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 9:56:06 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 44
Applause Received: 263

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Smartest move he could make would be to come hear and learn under Mike.

Matt Flynn, Brian Brohm, Graham Harrell, Vince Young, and BJ Coleman disagree!

Seriously though, aside from Rodgers, Mike McCarthy has had a pretty abysmal track of QBs here.

Also, unfortunately for TB, 2 starting QBs went down on the day they cut him lol. (CLE, BUF)

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline nerdmann  
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 10:01:15 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post
Matt Flynn, Brian Brohm, Graham Harrell, Vince Young, and BJ Coleman disagree!

Seriously though, aside from Rodgers, Mike McCarthy has had a pretty abysmal track of QBs here.

Brian Brohm flamed out, because his daddy was no longer coaching him.

Matt Flynn has never looked the same since leaving here. Rich Gannon went from a career journeyman to a pro bowler under Mike. He even made Aaron Brooks look good, at times.

Harrell just never had the confidence. I honestly think he could get it done on some level, if he wasn't too intimidated to even be on an NFL field.
Offline play2win  
#15 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2013 4:33:23 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

I just don't see how he would be an improvement over Seneca Wallace at this point. Too much of a headache to take into the locker room at this time. No thanks.

That said, the Packers organization under Ted Thompson has been successful to some degree in giving players second chances. Jolly and Koren Robinson come to mind. Others haven't worked. One of the shockers to me was Anthony Hargrove. Thought he would respect the opportunity he was given, and he pretty much pissed that away by mouthing off to the staff and by setting a bad example.

Right now, I would say "no."

Add, Seneca Wallace seems a fantastic locker room fit with GB. Rodgers and the rest of the players see he is a consummate professional. May not be the best, or the youngest, but he brings good experience and knowledge to the table.

I could be wrong. Freeman did have some really strong play in TB before Shiano got there.
Rss Feed