Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 4:03:36 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,238
Applause Received: 1,557

JSOnline Blog wrote:
Green Bay --- After a win, this was the absolute last thing T.J. Lang wanted to hear. The Packers left guard knew Eddie Lacy was close to 100 yards.
But informed that the rookie running back had gained 99 yards, Lang cringed and ducked his head down in disgust.

“Ninety-nine?! Son of a...," said Lang, dropping a few choice words. "It was close. I didn’t know."

getting a running game will certainly help as the season wears on.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 4:17:51 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 392
Applause Received: 502

Bakhtiari GS 4
Sitton GS 4
Dietrich-Smith GS 4
Lang GS 4
Barclay GS 4

The more these guys start with another the better the ground game should get. It'd be nice to see nothing but 16s for this group at the end of the season.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 10/7/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 4:23:20 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,796
Applause Received: 678

If it wasn't for that holding penalty!

Or that one late play where he got stuffed!

Dude's gonna be a good 'un.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 5:06:15 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

The stats may not say it but we've really had 3 different runners on our team go over 100 yards. Great job Packers! We can win with this kind of production out of the run game!
thanks Post received 2 applause.
play2win on 10/7/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 10/7/2013(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 8:51:05 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 129
Applause Received: 469

Several times during this game I was reacquainted with a feeling I haven't had with a Packers RB since Ahman Green. Lacy looked so close to busting a huge gain on several occasions. With Green I got that impression a lot, with Lacy it's only a matter of time.

Side note, If McCarthy knew Lacy was 1 yard shy of 100 do you think he would have given him the ball rather than have Rodgers take a knee? I think he would have. I was kind of hoping he would after the Lions called the timeout after the knee but I understand why he punted.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
nerdmann on 10/7/2013(UTC)
Offline beast  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 9:02:31 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 263
Applause Received: 324

For the first time since Ahman Green in his prime, I asked myself the question of "Why are the Packers passing here?"

It happened some in the Bengals game where Rodgers seemed to be off and the running game was looking good. But I asked it a couple times in this game with 3rd and shorts they come up with a delayed pass play... and asked why did they just run it?

Of course the answer very well could be the front the defense was showing. I noticed the Lions seem to run a good bit of the "wide 9" which spreads out the DL making it easier for them to get one on one match-ups in the passing game and better angles to pass rush. But spreading them out like that makes it harder for them to defend the run and fill running lanes, though they have Suh and Fairly which are pretty good DTs so putting pressure on their very good DTs to step up and make plays to free up their DEs some more. And Packers were willing and able to run on them like that.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
thanks Post received 2 applause.
play2win on 10/7/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 10/7/2013(UTC)
Offline cheeseheads123  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 10:14:14 PM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Applause Given: 76
Applause Received: 146

Still didn't like how we didn't run on those early 3rd and 1s
UserPostedImage
play2win on 10/7/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 5:16:59 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

All I can say, is it is very encouraging to know we have a really good running game, from a talent standpoint. Our OL looks to be playing well together to create lanes, and our RBs look very solid. Now, if only we can get our HC to trust that running the football and winning is sexy...
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 9:36:14 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 392
Applause Received: 502

Damn it now this is a glorious photo that I could get used to seeing! ThumpUp

UserPostedImage
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 3 applause.
wpr on 10/7/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 10/7/2013(UTC), play2win on 10/8/2013(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 9:45:05 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 443

Had Boykin not held, Lacy would have broken 100 yards.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Online DarkaneRules  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 9:55:26 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 362

The Packers used the Lions aggressiveness against them. It was a good game plan.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline wpr  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 10:02:54 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Several times during this game I was reacquainted with a feeling I haven't had with a Packers RB since Ahman Green. Lacy looked so close to busting a huge gain on several occasions. With Green I got that impression a lot, with Lacy it's only a matter of time.

Side note, If McCarthy knew Lacy was 1 yard shy of 100 do you think he would have given him the ball rather than have Rodgers take a knee? I think he would have. I was kind of hoping he would after the Lions called the timeout after the knee but I understand why he punted.

no Mike does nothing to try and get personal accolades for players and he does nothing to that would rile up the other team generally speaking.
UserPostedImage
Offline sschind  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 8:08:47 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 129
Applause Received: 469

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
no Mike does nothing to try and get personal accolades for players and he does nothing to that would rile up the other team generally speaking.

I disagree. First of all a run would not have riled up the the other team. It actually would have made more sense than taking the knee. If Lacy gains that yard we do not have to punt and Rodgers takes a knee on the next play.

Second, I think Mike McCarthy may have given Lacy the ball had he known he was only a yard short. McCarthy is big on having team support. You saw how bummed Lang was when he found out Lacy was a yard short. Had he gotten that yard the entire offense would have benefited. The OL knows what has been said about them not being able to run block. I know its only a yard but its a benchmark. 3 different 100 yard rushers in three weeks would have gone a long way to building up their confidence.

It's not like he would have been passing for a TD with 1 minute to go when you are up by 3 TDs already. That is out of Mike McCarthy character. Letting a RB have a chance at 100 yards by calling a play that 9 out of 10 coaches would have called anyway would make perfect sense and I think Mike McCarthy would have obliged.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline nerdmann  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2013 4:37:26 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,796
Applause Received: 678

I disagree. First of all a run would not have riled up the the other team. It actually would have made more sense than taking the knee. If Lacy gains that yard we do not have to punt and Rodgers takes a knee on the next play.

Second, I think Mike McCarthy may have given Lacy the ball had he known he was only a yard short. McCarthy is big on having team support. You saw how bummed Lang was when he found out Lacy was a yard short. Had he gotten that yard the entire offense would have benefited. The OL knows what has been said about them not being able to run block. I know its only a yard but its a benchmark. 3 different 100 yard rushers in three weeks would have gone a long way to building up their confidence.

It's not like he would have been passing for a TD with 1 minute to go when you are up by 3 TDs already. That is out of Mike McCarthy character. Letting a RB have a chance at 100 yards by calling a play that 9 out of 10 coaches would have called anyway would make perfect sense and I think Mike McCarthy would have obliged.

Mike and Aaron are big on statistics.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline wpr  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2013 5:27:01 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Mike is all about the win period. If they lined up to run for 1 yard how would the Lions know that was their goal? Dirty Suh could have gone in and cut someone at the knees and ended up with a serious knee injury. With Aaron taking a knee that kept the Lions from hitting hard.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed