Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2013 6:12:53 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 12/11/2012(UTC)

Applause Received: 97

LombardiAve wrote:
Yes I know, Green Bay Packers GM Ted Thompson doesn't trade or sign big names. The last time we got players worth noting it was Charles Woodson and Ryan Pickett. But every once in awhile the football gods decide to give us something, so here are a few names that not only would make us happy,


1. Jairus Byrd
2. Kenny Britt
3. Paul Posluszny

Message modified by moderator Wednesday, October 9, 2013 7:05:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline cheeseheads123  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:24:09 PM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 72
Applause Received: 120

I would love Paul Posluszny here in Green Bay
UserPostedImage
Online DakotaT  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:45:35 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 669
Applause Received: 1,376

I'd like Jarius, but only if we sign him long term.
UserPostedImage
Online beast  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2013 9:09:55 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 262
Applause Received: 320

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 Go to Quoted Post
I would love Paul Posluszny here in Green Bay


would you like the Packers paying him 7.2 million a year for the next four years?

Just wondering...


DL Tyson Alualu is another one I'd be looking at... he's in his contract year (well there is one more year but it's "Voidable Year") and he probably perfer to play for a better team.

The biggest thing with him is his knee injury, though he hasn't missed a single game in his career (yet) there has been talk of a knee injury.

But in his first 3 years he had 9.5 sacks and that's while on the Jags which I'm thinking having had a ton of help around him. With better talent around him he might get more one on ones.

Also Raji, Pickett, Jolly, Wilson and Neal are all F.A.s this offseason anyways.

And if Neal is playing full time OLB then maybe someone could be added to take his nickel snaps and they just traded their LT away for a lower round pick because they knew they weren't going to tag him and might lose him in FA.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline cheeseheads123  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 6:45:59 AM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 72
Applause Received: 120

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
would you like the Packers paying him 7.2 million a year for the next four years?

Just wondering...


That changes things. I read in the article somewhere about him not breaking the bank.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 7:06:33 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,230

Jairus Byrd is the only one I'd even consider.

Seriously, a WR? That's basically Ted Thompon's best scouting. That and CB's.

"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Online beast  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 7:23:33 AM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 262
Applause Received: 320



Another one that has been throw around some since the Falcons are struggling is the name of TE Tony Gonzalez 3.5 million deal but he's probably retiring this year.

Adam Schefter seemed to throw out the idea that if someone offered a 5th round pick (that would become a 4th round pick if that team made the Super Bowl) then the Falcons might grab it.

I think you should try to start with a 6th though, the maybe goes to 5th if you make the NFC or AFC Champs game and 4th if you make the Super Bowl.

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 Go to Quoted Post
That changes things. I read in the article somewhere about him not breaking the bank.


I don't know what his contract says but some sites seemed to say he was earning a lot but they don't always seem right.

spotrac

Base Salary

2013 6,450,000
2014 7,450,000
2015 7,450,000
2016 7,450,000
[/quote wrote:
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline sschind  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 9:02:12 AM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
Another one that has been throw around some since the Falcons are struggling is the name of TE Tony Gonzalez 3.5 million deal but he's probably retiring this year.

Adam Schefter seemed to throw out the idea that if someone offered a 5th round pick (that would become a 4th round pick if that team made the Super Bowl) then the Falcons might grab it.

I think you should try to start with a 6th though, the maybe goes to 5th if you make the NFC or AFC Champs game and 4th if you make the Super Bowl.



I don't know what his contract says but some sites seemed to say he was earning a lot but they don't always seem right.



Did I miss something? Is Finley lost for a good portion of the season? Because that is the only reason that it might be considered a good idea for the Packers to trade for Gonzo.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline yooperfan  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 9:37:21 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 637
Applause Received: 295

Green Bay football is reality football not fantasy football.
The reality is Ted Thompson is General Manager of the Packers.
Why waste your time fantasizing about these trades.
Not going to happen folks!
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Dulak on 10/9/2013(UTC), wpr on 10/10/2013(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 9:58:08 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

McCarthy said he is prepping Nate Palmer for the backup gig so looks like we are promoting from within at that spot. After that I assume Mulumba would get the nod. Other than that we added a CB to the Practice Squad to account for the move of CB Nixon to the active roster.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 10:13:08 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,714
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
McCarthy said he is prepping Nate Palmer for the backup gig so looks like we are promoting from within at that spot. After that I assume Mulumba would get the nod. Other than that we added a CB to the Practice Squad to account for the move of CB Nixon to the active roster.


Nixon might be a kick returner.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 10:19:06 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,230

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
Green Bay football is reality football not fantasy football.
The reality is Ted Thompson is General Manager of the Packers.
Why waste your time fantasizing about these trades.
Not going to happen folks!


Why? I counter with why not? What financial investment are you risking by projecting your opinion of a potential trade?

Again, I ask, why not? You haven't a thing to lose and scheming up ideas is fun. These projections are interesting to read.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 10/9/2013(UTC)
Offline yooperfan  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 10:24:39 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 637
Applause Received: 295

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Why? I counter with why not? What financial investment are you risking by projecting your opinion of a potential trade?

Again, I ask, why not? You haven't a thing to lose and scheming up ideas is fun. These projections are interesting to read.


Call me old fashioned but I prefer to live in a world of reality.
Fantasy football does not grab me.

The projections would be interesting if there was a modicum of a chance that any of them could become reality.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 10:40:19 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,230

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
Call me old fashioned but I prefer to live in a world of reality.
Fantasy football does not grab me.

The projections would be interesting if there was a modicum of a chance that any of them could become reality.


Kinda like Ted Thompson will NEVER trade picks?
Ryan Grant.

Kinda like Ted Thompson will NEVER make a trade into the first round?
Clay Matthews was drafted in the first round of the 2009 NFL Draft, with the 26th overall pick (Acquired from a trade with the New England Patriots), by the Green Bay Packers.



Just because you think you know Santa Claus is not real, doesn't give you the right to piss in others Cheerios. Laughing



But seriously, talking about stuff shouldn't get anyone locked up or cause much issue as long as we respect others opinions. Your opinion is trade talk is hogwash. I respect that, just strongly disagree (kinda goes with the territory since I kinda own the site for ... umm ... discussing the Packers lol)
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 10/9/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 11:23:12 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Byrd looks like the one we could really use. I would love to see Thompson make a trade for one of the best Safeties in the NFL to pair with Burnett. Regardless of the cost.

Not having a compliment opposite Burnett at Safety has cost us dearly, for two years now.
Offline DoddPower  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:07:00 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 2,096
Applause Received: 530

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
Green Bay football is reality football not fantasy football.
The reality is Ted Thompson is General Manager of the Packers.
Why waste your time fantasizing about these trades.
Not going to happen folks!


Because we're bored at work? Way to go Debbie Downer.

Yooper
Offline DoddPower  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:12:15 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 2,096
Applause Received: 530

By the way, I would add Josh Gordon, WR from Cleveland to the list. I know they are saying they aren't trading him for a 2nd anymore, but if they were, that would be a no-brainer, imo. The guy is a big player like Jordy Nelson (6'3), and faster. He gets separation, which the current Packers wide receivers often struggle with. I think getting what is basically a sure-fire good or better wide receiver for a late second round pick is worth it. The Packers would be nearly impossible to stop with all those weapons.

I know it's not a need, but getting a guaranteed play-maker for a 2nd round pick is pretty sweet. Ted may be able to pull out another Nelson with that pick, but it could also turn into another Pat Lee or Brandon Jackson. I don't know his contract details, but I bet he's still pretty cheap for another season or two, which would give the Packers flexibility in working out future deals.

One can dream (if yooper allows it).
Offline sschind  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 2:33:56 PM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
By the way, I would add Josh Gordon, WR from Cleveland to the list. I know they are saying they aren't trading him for a 2nd anymore, but if they were, that would be a no-brainer, imo. The guy is a big player like Jordy Nelson (6'3), and faster. He gets separation, which the current Packers wide receivers often struggle with. I think getting what is basically a sure-fire good or better wide receiver for a late second round pick is worth it. The Packers would be nearly impossible to stop with all those weapons.

I know it's not a need, but getting a guaranteed play-maker for a 2nd round pick is pretty sweet. Ted may be able to pull out another Nelson with that pick, but it could also turn into another Pat Lee or Brandon Jackson. I don't know his contract details, but I bet he's still pretty cheap for another season or two, which would give the Packers flexibility in working out future deals.

One can dream (if yooper allows it).


I would absolutely love to see Gordon in Green Bay and if all it would take would be a second rounder it would be a steal. The Browns front office would have to be totally incompetent if they were to let that happen, which means the probability is good that it will happen.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Online beast  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 2:52:16 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 262
Applause Received: 320

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Did I miss something? Is Finley lost for a good portion of the season?


When talking about TEs, why does it all have to be about Finley? I didn't say a single thing about Finley and you're all defensive about him, for what ever reason. Got a crush on Finley or something?


Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Because that is the only reason that it might be considered a good idea for the Packers to trade for Gonzo.


So the reason of having two good TEs for a season isn't a good idea for the Packers?

Let's be honest, Mike McCarthy loves TEs, and now that the Packers have the running game and the WRs the weakness is over the middle. Why not have two good (maybe great) TEs?


Nelson, Cobb, Finley, Gonzo and Lacy all on the field at the same time with Jones, Starks and Franklin rotating in as needed.

Sounds like a pretty good group to me.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 10/9/2013(UTC)
Offline Yerko  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 3:51:00 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/15/2008(UTC)
Location: Chicago, IL

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 263

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
When talking about TEs, why does it all have to be about Finley? I didn't say a single thing about Finley and you're all defensive about him, for what ever reason. Got a crush on Finley or something?




So the reason of having two good TEs for a season isn't a good idea for the Packers?

Let's be honest, Mike McCarthy loves TEs, and now that the Packers have the running game and the WRs the weakness is over the middle. Why not have two good (maybe great) TEs?


Nelson, Cobb, Finley, Gonzo and Lacy all on the field at the same time with Jones, Starks and Franklin rotating in as needed.

Sounds like a pretty good group to me.


Thinking about Gonzalez and Finley on the field at the same time...

mind blown


I would love for the Packers to go trade for Jarius Byrd. We would have one of, if not THE best defensive backfields in the entire NFL. Morgan Burnett could use a good pairing to play next to, he deserves it.

I am not so high on the Josh Gordon idea, but I wouldn't hate it. I know other NFL teams would because giving Rodgers another big receiver is just not fair.


I am on a high of how well our offensive line played this past weekend or else I'd be throwing an offensive lineman's name into the mix here. I really like how the line is coming together.
UserPostedImage
Offline nyrpack  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 3:52:31 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)
Location: long island, ny

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 63

very few trades are made in the nfl, dont think anything looks promising !!
jimmy b.
Offline sschind  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 7:53:09 PM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
When talking about TEs, why does it all have to be about Finley? I didn't say a single thing about Finley and you're all defensive about him, for what ever reason. Got a crush on Finley or something?




So the reason of having two good TEs for a season isn't a good idea for the Packers?

Let's be honest, Mike McCarthy loves TEs, and now that the Packers have the running game and the WRs the weakness is over the middle. Why not have two good (maybe great) TEs?


Nelson, Cobb, Finley, Gonzo and Lacy all on the field at the same time with Jones, Starks and Franklin rotating in as needed.

Sounds like a pretty good group to me.


Because Finley is the Packers starting TE and that is why any talk of the Packers and a TE should involve Finley. Your group sounds good but I would prefer Nelson, Cobb, Jones, Finley and Lacy and that is who we have so we don't need Gonzo. If Mike McCarthy loves his TEs so much why don't we see more of them on the field or more of them getting involved. Quarless has 4 catches and Taylor has 2. I don't believe that the only reason our backup TEs don't have more catches is because they are not good enough. I don't see Mike McCarthy changing his game plan to get him involved TE so if they trade for Gonzo either he or Finley will be spending a lot of time on the bench or as a decoy.

If I have a crush on Finley I wonder what that says about your feelings towards Gonzo.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Online beast  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 8:18:56 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 262
Applause Received: 320

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Because Finley is the Packers starting TE and that is why any talk of the Packers and a TE should involve Finley.


If that's true, then you would be a hypocrite because you talk had talk of the Packers and a WR and didn't involve the Packers starting WRs. But I think it's more likely you thought I was insulting Finley and went into defense mode.
Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
I would absolutely love to see Gordon in Green Bay and if all it would take would be a second rounder it would be a steal.


Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Your group sounds good but I would prefer Nelson, Cobb, Jones, Finley and Lacy and that is who we have so we don't need Gonzo.


Just because someone perfers something doesn't mean there is no need for something else. For example, I perfer a shut down CB, but that doesn't mean the Packers don't need an upgrade at Safety to go with Burnett.


Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
If Mike McCarthy loves his TEs so much why don't we see more of them on the field or more of them getting involved.


Because they're not talented enough when compared to the other players (WRs/RBs)

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
I don't believe that the only reason our backup TEs don't have more catches is because they are not good enough.

See you already had the answer and used it try to defend your point of veiw. But lets be honest the back-up TEs aren't that good other than maybe Quarless and he has a problem with catching the ball.

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
If I have a crush on Finley I wonder what that says about your feelings towards Gonzo.


It says nothing, because I haven't gotten defensive and then attack someone idea over Gonzo. That's because there was no reason to, because no one has said anything bad about Gonzo here (just like no one has said anything bad about Finley here).

But even if people do say bad things about Gonzo, I can handle it because they'll probably be right, he's old, very well could be retiring after this season.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline steveishere  
#24 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 6:15:37 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Because Finley is the Packers starting TE and that is why any talk of the Packers and a TE should involve Finley.


When we talked about the Packers bringing in Matthew Mulligan this offseason it had nothing to do with Finley. There are other players on the team than the "starters" and some of those players are even important. They don't just play 22 guys on Sundays.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
beast on 10/10/2013(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#25 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:32:27 AM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
When we talked about the Packers bringing in Matthew Mulligan this offseason it had nothing to do with Finley. There are other players on the team than the "starters" and some of those players are even important. They don't just play 22 guys on Sundays.


Yes but one must presume that they would not bring in Gonzo to fill the same role as Mulligan. The only reason you would bring in a player like Gonzales is to throw him the ball...a lot... and that would affect your starter.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
13m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Laser Gunns

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann