Zero2Cool
10 years ago

A.J. Hawk is one of the most well-known members of the Green Bay Packers in the NFL today. He is admired for his hard-nosed, physical style of play, a style that is missing in the current Packers' defense. Sure he records a solid number of tackles per game, as he should playing the most

LombardiAve  wrote:

UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
10 years ago
I agree that he was not worthy of the 5th overall pick. However, I do really like Hawk. He's a great person and like the article says, he plays nasty and I like that. You can always count him to be there every Sunday, and he seems like a good leader on the defensive side of the ball. I wouldn't like to see the Packers part ways with him, especially since we have nobody that could replace him.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago
Good to see there are other Packer fans who actually "GET IT"

Article comments.

WyomingPackerBacker
Stick with him -- slow and steady beats a flash in the pan.

Gbfan2196
Hawk was worth the pick no doubt I for one would rather have a steady player who dosent ever get sidelined because injury then a player who is above good but then gets hurt then you have to put in someone a whole lot worse. Ted Thompson likes hawk because he does what they ask him to do Ted Thompson even said he was worth it. I hate how some people only look at statistics when talking about players.

Geno
BTW Dan. Despite the claims in your bio you are not an "inspiring" writer, you are an "aspiring" writer. You may or may not be able to put together a sentence, we will leave that to your 5th grade English teacher to decide . Based on the above drivel we know you are not a sports writer. Try again Junior.

ray zuniga
what a dumb prick??????????????? not nfl caliber yoru not writer material jack ass?? how is the most consistent player on the team not nfl caliber??? is stood by while bishop was behind barnet, dont you think with your small brain that the team people who manage the team you know the pros would have said man this guy sucks lets put bishop in and not have this "not nfl caliber player" on field?? jump off a bridge.jackass.. and yea hes not the best has flaws but this is clown bullshit right here

Zach Savage
He was worth the pick. First 3 years if you had to do the draft over he would have been the number 1 pick. Long term he has not panned out to be great. He's slow and seems weak. But we could be a lot worse off and we have nobody to replace him with in 8 years.

Starr57
Really Dan?
Tired of all The "Hawk haters".
Led the team or in top 3 in tackles his 1st 3 years.
Played through injuries in 2009 that would have shelved most other guys. Never missing a start.
Then in 2010 when lbr's started dropping like flies, who stepped up, taking over for a once again injured Nick Barnette , playing alongside a bunch of no-name lbr's, qbing the defense, keeping them together until the so called "SUPERSTAR" could return.
Let's fast forward to now, once again, Hawk will be playing alongside, raw, but hopefully talented lbr's for at least a month, maybe longer. Who knows who the starting lbr's will be the next few weeks.
I for one am glad that odds are A.J. Hawk will be there anchoring the middle, calling the plays, making sure the young guys know their responsibilities.
In retrospect, I wish Ted Thompson would have never drafteD A.J. Hawk, tired of writers and fans alike who can't appreciate a true Professional!!!!
The importance of a player doesn't always show up in "stats".
THIS IS NOT FANTASY FOOTBALL!!!!
Worth the pick and every dollar he has earned in the NFL!!!

tech4hire
Geesh...you "journalist" have nothing better to do than pick on AJ Hawk. If he is so bad, why is he still starting and calling the signals for the defense? Fortunately for the Packers, clowns like you are not in charge because you complain about the steady players and would have the Packers get rid of them all. Hawk was drafted because he is a "football guy" according to TT. True, he isn't flashy but he is the consumate professional according to his coaches. He is hard nosed like many of the Packers who have gone before him. If the entire defense was as hard nosed, we would have the best defense in the league. Lay off Hawk and go back to covering dog shows or some other bit of tripe.

Geno
Dumb kid. Ever watched a Packer game? Hawk reminds me of Nitschke every time he plays. Got his nose in the middle of the action. Busting his hump and the guys he plays against. Steady player you don't have to worry about. Clearly you know more than TT. Dope!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Porforis
10 years ago
You can't have a superstar at every position. Not worth the pick but reliable, consistent, and a known quantity. And not in the way Jarrett Bush was pre-2009.
sschind
10 years ago
I've said it before and I'll say it again. A.J. Hawk is a victim of his draft pick status. If the Packers were getting Hawk production out of a late round pick people would be calling him a steal. Well, It's time to forget about A.J Hawk the former #5 pick over all. It's been 8 years, it does not make one bit of difference if he was #5 or Mr. irrelevant. All that matters is how he is producing. If you don't think Hawk is a starting caliber NFL linebacker based on his play then fine, you can have that opinion and make that argument but if you don't think he is a starting caliber NFL linebacker because he was the #5 pick over all and he hasn't lived up to that lofty draft status you are an idiot.

texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
I say it's completely fair to compare Hawk to what we coulda and shoulda got with the 5th pick in the draft - NOT to what some low round pick did or could do, many of which have actually out-performed Hawk anyway. I'm on record as favoring Vernon Davis instead of Hawk - the big controversy at the time he was drafted, and even though Davis has been kind of up and down, I'd still take his career over Hawk. Furthermore, if we hadn't gotten Hawk, there's a strong chance we would have somebody a LOT better in that position now.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
Say what you want about A.J. Hawk but consider this.

Nick Barnett
Desmond Bishop
D.J. Smith
Brad Jones
Robert Francois
etc ...

the mainstay has been Hawk. His counter part is always getting hurt.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Good to see there are other Packer fans who actually "GET IT"

Article comments.

WyomingPackerBacker
Stick with him -- slow and steady beats a flash in the pan.

Gbfan2196
Hawk was worth the pick no doubt I for one would rather have a steady player who dosent ever get sidelined because injury then a player who is above good but then gets hurt then you have to put in someone a whole lot worse. Ted Thompson likes hawk because he does what they ask him to do Ted Thompson even said he was worth it. I hate how some people only look at statistics when talking about players.

Geno
BTW Dan. Despite the claims in your bio you are not an "inspiring" writer, you are an "aspiring" writer. You may or may not be able to put together a sentence, we will leave that to your 5th grade English teacher to decide . Based on the above drivel we know you are not a sports writer. Try again Junior.

ray zuniga
what a dumb prick??????????????? not nfl caliber yoru not writer material jack ass?? how is the most consistent player on the team not nfl caliber??? is stood by while bishop was behind barnet, dont you think with your small brain that the team people who manage the team you know the pros would have said man this guy sucks lets put bishop in and not have this "not nfl caliber player" on field?? jump off a bridge.jackass.. and yea hes not the best has flaws but this is clown bullsh!t right here

Zach Savage
He was worth the pick. First 3 years if you had to do the draft over he would have been the number 1 pick. Long term he has not panned out to be great. He's slow and seems weak. But we could be a lot worse off and we have nobody to replace him with in 8 years.

Starr57
Really Dan?
Tired of all The "Hawk haters".
Led the team or in top 3 in tackles his 1st 3 years.
Played through injuries in 2009 that would have shelved most other guys. Never missing a start.
Then in 2010 when lbr's started dropping like flies, who stepped up, taking over for a once again injured Nick Barnette , playing alongside a bunch of no-name lbr's, qbing the defense, keeping them together until the so called "SUPERSTAR" could return.
Let's fast forward to now, once again, Hawk will be playing alongside, raw, but hopefully talented lbr's for at least a month, maybe longer. Who knows who the starting lbr's will be the next few weeks.
I for one am glad that odds are A.J. Hawk will be there anchoring the middle, calling the plays, making sure the young guys know their responsibilities.
In retrospect, I wish Ted Thompson would have never drafteD A.J. Hawk, tired of writers and fans alike who can't appreciate a true Professional!!!!
The importance of a player doesn't always show up in "stats".
THIS IS NOT FANTASY FOOTBALL!!!!
Worth the pick and every dollar he has earned in the NFL!!!

tech4hire
Geesh...you "journalist" have nothing better to do than pick on AJ Hawk. If he is so bad, why is he still starting and calling the signals for the defense? Fortunately for the Packers, clowns like you are not in charge because you complain about the steady players and would have the Packers get rid of them all. Hawk was drafted because he is a "football guy" according to TT. True, he isn't flashy but he is the consumate professional according to his coaches. He is hard nosed like many of the Packers who have gone before him. If the entire defense was as hard nosed, we would have the best defense in the league. Lay off Hawk and go back to covering dog shows or some other bit of tripe.

Geno
Dumb kid. Ever watched a Packer game? Hawk reminds me of Nitschke every time he plays. Got his nose in the middle of the action. Busting his hump and the guys he plays against. Steady player you don't have to worry about. Clearly you know more than TT. Dope!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Buck they are all from Ohio and would follow you anywhere. [grin1]

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
Brad Jones is ranked 8th ILB
A.J. Hawk is ranked 34th ILB

According to ProFootballFocus.com

1 Brandon Spikes
2 Kiko Alonso
3 Luke Kuechly
4 Derrick O. Johnson
5 Akeem Jordan
6 Mason Foster
7 NaVorro Bowman
8 Brad Jones
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Brad Jones is ranked 8th ILB
A.J. Hawk is ranked 34th ILB

According to ProFootballFocus.com

1 Brandon Spikes
2 Kiko Alonso
3 Luke Kuechly
4 Derrick O. Johnson
5 Akeem Jordan
6 Mason Foster
7 NaVorro Bowman
8 Brad Jones

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I don't know how much I would trust any publication that has Brad Jones rated 8th best in the NFL hahahahahaha. However, a lot of those guys, and a lot of others way better than Hawk were not picked in the first or even second or third round.

My point above all else is that it AIN'T a positive that Hawk has hung around this long. If he wasn't there, we coulda, shoulda, and almost certainly woulda gotten somebody a helluva lot better, and probably not needed a first round pick to do it.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (6m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (45m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.