Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 1:46:18 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,228

What do you know about him? Rumors saying he may have been signed.

http://www.packers.com/n...f-403d-95af-0a0aa9f49899
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 1:49:30 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

From what I can tell it looks like he's mainly a deep threat WR but has some trouble with hands and didn't make the squad. Denver has a deep WR group though so it's not necessarily a big deal to not crack that lineup.
Offline gbguy20  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 1:52:50 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

Looks likely.
call me Dan
Online nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 1:54:39 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,713
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
From what I can tell it looks like he's mainly a deep threat WR but has some trouble with hands and didn't make the squad. Denver has a deep WR group though so it's not necessarily a big deal to not crack that lineup.

Broncos version of Charles Johnson.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 1:58:03 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Something I fear though... If we sign a new receiver, the question is how long before they actually see the field. I do not wanna sign a guy and then not use him. I don't know why but that's something I worry about.
Offline gbguy20  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 2:01:55 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

@MikeKlis: As of now WR Tavarres King is still a Bronco. Packers want him on 53 but DEN trying to keep him. May not know til tomorro

call me Dan
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/14/2013(UTC)
Offline Since69  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 2:19:04 PM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 83

From CheeseHead TV

Could be nothing, but I've never heard of him. Anyone have any info?

UserPostedImage
Offline Since69  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 2:22:30 PM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 83

Meanwhile, Schefter tweeted pretty much the same thing, and that Jones might be able to play this week and that Cobb might only miss two...
UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 2:35:19 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Online nerdmann  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 3:39:25 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

http://www.nfldraftscout...tyear=2013&genpos=WR

Name: Tavarres King
Height: 6-0 Weight: 189
Position: WR Pos2:
Class/Draft Year: rSr/2013
40 Low: 4.36 40 Time: 4.40 40 High: 4.49

http://www.nfl.com/draft...tavarres-king?id=2539235

Strengths
Possesses the quickness off the line that helps him shake off press and fly by cornerbacks playing off-coverage. As a vertical threat, he can track the ball over either shoulder and grab the ball with his hands near his head. He also has elusiveness after the catch to free himself after a hitch route. The work on his upper body has paid off, as he can play through physical corners to get inside position when needed. Extremely fluid route runner, plays with tremendous balance and body control.
Weaknesses
Doesn't have ideal bulk. Dropped passes have been an issue for King during his career, and he doesn’t always find the ball in the air or go up to high-point passes downfield. Though he is quick and elusive, he’ll out-juke himself trying to make defenders miss in the open field. While is capable of making a block outside on quick screens, King also doesn’t offer consistent physicality.
NFL Comparison
Damian Williams
Bottom Line
King lacks tremendous size, and his hands have also been an issue at times, allowing potential big plays to slip through his fingers. However, he's a very fluid player, with impressive quickness and balance. He should be a mid-round selection.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline sschind  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 4:21:17 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

the question then becomes who do we cut or demote to sign him (or anyone else for that matter) I don't think Starks is ready yet so sending Hill back would be premature.

Depending on the severity of the injuries I think Cobb or Perry might be eligible for the IR designated to return but that would put them out for at least 8 weeks.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline porky88  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 5:09:46 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 195
Applause Received: 409

I remember him for his senior bowl week. He's a very good route runner, sneaky fast, but has inconsistent hands. I don't think size is an issue. His toughness makes up for it. For what it's worth, I had him as the No. 10 wide receiver in last April's draft.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 10/14/2013(UTC)
Online nerdmann  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 6:01:25 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: porky88 Go to Quoted Post
I remember him for his senior bowl week. He's a very good route runner, sneaky fast, but has inconsistent hands. I don't think size is an issue. His toughness makes up for it. For what it's worth, I had him as the No. 10 wide receiver in last April's draft.

He needs Edgar Bennett.
Offline Pack93z  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 7:22:52 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

I didn't correlate his name to his college career for the Dawgs... had a better year as a Junior.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#15 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 9:54:09 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
the question then becomes who do we cut or demote to sign him (or anyone else for that matter) I don't think Starks is ready yet so sending Hill back would be premature.

Depending on the severity of the injuries I think Cobb or Perry might be eligible for the IR designated to return but that would put them out for at least 8 weeks.

My guess is they put Perry on IR with return. Or they get rid of a D-Lineman, maybe a Corner like James Nixon. Idk there is a lot of possibilities. But I know for sure they will sign a WR one way or another.
Offline beast  
#16 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 10:32:23 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 320

I remember watching him and thinking he was a Packers type WR. Very good route runner who's smooth but doesn't have his raw physical talent doesn't screaming out. He didn't remind me of any one guy but I though in some ways he looked like a mix of Nelson and Jones.

I think his fluidity is a lot like Jones as they're both very smooth thoughout their movements and I'd say his body control reminded me of Nelson some. Now he's not as good as either of them in those but he did remind me some of them in that way.

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post

Yeah but aren't they both suppose to be out like 6 weeks? So maybe putting the one they think is worse on there might not be a bad thing, after all it normally seems to take guys longer to come back than they first say as Packers doctors seem extra careful.

America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Online Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:05:59 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

@Jeff_Legwold, it looks like WR Tavarres King is staying in Denver as his agent said yesterday. http://espn.go.com/blog/...ing-to-be-elevated

UserPostedImage
Offline sschind  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:05:24 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post

Yeah but aren't they both suppose to be out like 6 weeks? So maybe putting the one they think is worse on there might not be a bad thing, after all it normally seems to take guys longer to come back than they first say as Packers doctors seem extra careful.

Yeah, if they are thinking 7 or 8 weeks they will probably use it, if its more like 5 or 6 probably not.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline Tezzy  
#19 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 11:19:33 AM(UTC)
Tezzy

United States

Applause Given: 29
Applause Received: 81

Well that sucks for King. Broncos really pulled the wool over his eyes just to keep him away from the Packers.

http://predominantlyorange.com/2013/10/19/broncos-waive-wr-tavarres-king-make-room-von-miller/

On top of every beard grows a man.
Offline cheeseheads123  
#20 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 11:40:21 AM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Applause Given: 72
Applause Received: 118

Originally Posted by: Tezzy Go to Quoted Post
Well that sucks for King. Broncos really pulled the wool over his eyes just to keep him away from the Packers.

http://predominantlyorange.com/2013/10/19/broncos-waive-wr-tavarres-king-make-room-von-miller/

Ouch
UserPostedImage
Offline beast  
#21 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 11:50:18 AM(UTC)
beast

Originally Posted by: Tezzy Go to Quoted Post

I guess that 3 week minimum rule only counts when you sign a player off another team's practice squad. Not your own.
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline DarkaneRules  
#22 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 11:56:23 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

Boo!
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline Wade  
#23 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 11:59:23 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 684
Applause Received: 717

I hope the Elways lose him now.

I don't much care for whom.

Yes, I know this is common practice in the NFL to have revolving doors for the last three or four of the 53.

But I still don't like it.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline beast  
#24 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 12:05:09 PM(UTC)
beast

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
I hope the Elways lose him now.

I don't much care for whom.

Yes, I know this is common practice in the NFL to have revolving doors for the last three or four of the 53.

But I still don't like it.

I wish the Packers could claim him on waivers... but unless they're willing to IR one of the injured guys or cut one of the guy the Packers recently added, then I don't think they would.

I thought TE Taylor would be IRed after hearing he had surgery but I think they would of IRed him and kept RB HIll on the 53 man roster if they didn't think Taylor was going to be back for this season.

Question is, would they cut Nixon, White, Stoneburner or Harper for King or not... I'm thinking not, but you never know.
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Online nerdmann  
#25 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 2:29:26 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
I wish the Packers could claim him on waivers... but unless they're willing to IR one of the injured guys or cut one of the guy the Packers recently added, then I don't think they would.

I thought TE Taylor would be IRed after hearing he had surgery but I think they would of IRed him and kept RB HIll on the 53 man roster if they didn't think Taylor was going to be back for this season.

Question is, would they cut Nixon, White, Stoneburner or Harper for King or not... I'm thinking not, but you never know.

Harper's the guy they got "instead" of King.

But maybe Ted was just juking these guys...
Rss Feed