Zero2Cool
10 years ago
With Mike Neal being needed at OLB that means we should see more Datone Jones, right?
UserPostedImage
play2win
10 years ago
If Datone wants to be known as one of the all-time greatest DEs, he needs to bring it!
go.pack.go.
10 years ago

With Mike Neal being needed at OLB that means we should see more Datone Jones, right?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I wouldn't think so. Mike Neal's position this year is OLB. So the rotation at DL hasn't changed due to injury to OLB. However, it seems like I have definitely seen him on the field more recently.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago

I wouldn't think so. Mike Neal's position this year is OLB. So the rotation at DL hasn't changed due to injury to OLB. However, it seems like I have definitely seen him on the field more recently.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

They should switch Datone and Mike Daniels to OLB.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
10 years ago

They should switch Datone and Mike Daniels to OLB.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I would really like to see Datone get some time at OLB. He played some LB his SR year in college as a pass rusher from a two point stance.

I think the Packers could use Datone as a pass rusher espeically on the 2-4 nickel... where OLB is really playing a 4-2 DE like role.

As for Daniels, he moves very well, but I'm not sold on him being at OLB. I wouldn't mind trying it in practice to see if it might work thought.

If Daniels is going to play a LB spot, I'd want it to be in the former 3-4 system the Packers run which was more high risk / high reward and they asked their DL to pass rush a bit more and asking their ILBers (mainly Hawk) to deal with OL getting to them more. In fact, I think Hawk was being asked to play a LB/DL hybird role, which he had to move quickly to get to a OL blocking and try to beat them while keeping the ILB clean.

I think Daniels might be a very good fit for that LB/DL tweener role.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago
Well, assuming we can get some guys healthy and the new found pass rush from Perry coming from the right holds up, Daniels and Jones should get 1 on 1 matchups on the inside. It'll be up to Jones at that point to take advantage.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
mi_keys
10 years ago

I would really like to see Datone get some time at OLB. He played some LB his SR year in college as a pass rusher from a two point stance.

I think the Packers could use Datone as a pass rusher espeically on the 2-4 nickel... where OLB is really playing a 4-2 DE like role.

As for Daniels, he moves very well, but I'm not sold on him being at OLB. I wouldn't mind trying it in practice to see if it might work thought.

If Daniels is going to play a LB spot, I'd want it to be in the former 3-4 system the Packers run which was more high risk / high reward and they asked their DL to pass rush a bit more and asking their ILBers (mainly Hawk) to deal with OL getting to them more. In fact, I think Hawk was being asked to play a LB/DL hybird role, which he had to move quickly to get to a OL blocking and try to beat them while keeping the ILB clean.

I think Daniels might be a very good fit for that LB/DL tweener role.

Originally Posted by: beast 

If we're going to stand everyone up we might as well just run the Psycho package. The personnel we have now might have more success with it than when we tried it with Matthews and a horde of bums.
Born and bred a cheesehead
beast
10 years ago

If we're going to stand everyone up we might as well just run the Psycho package. The personnel we have now might have more success with it than when we tried it with Matthews and a horde of bums.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

Of the healthy guys, I think the strength of this defense is the NTs (Pickett, Raji and Jolly) and Daniels. Packers defense is ranked 3rd best against the run... and I'm assuming part of the reason the Broncos are #1 is because teams stop running as much trying to keep up with the Broncos offense.

But I don't think they could get all the NTs on the field AND playing well in the Psycho package.

I think it'd be best to stay with in the system that's already in place, other than maybe try to get OLB some more depth there maybe by letting them using Datone Jones some and asking other DL to step up for Jones at push DT in the nickel package. Maybe get Raji, Jolly, Daniels, Wilson more snaps in the pass rush DT role if the can handle it with out dropping off what they were already doing.

I wouldn't count on it, but Boyd might even be active for his first game of the season (because of so many injuries)

UserPostedImage
steveishere
10 years ago
Daniels has been our only pass rush from the D-line all year. Why on earth would anybody want to make in a LB?
nerdmann
10 years ago

Daniels has been our only pass rush from the D-line all year. Why on earth would anybody want to make in a LB?

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

1: He can get to the QB.

2: He's undersized for our DL.

3: The DL in our system is supposed to take up blockers, to allow the LBs to get to the QB.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (28m) : No.
Mucky Tundra (2h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (3h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (6h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (7h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (17h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.