buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

I get the sense that this could be one of those "trap" games.

Originally Posted by: K_Buz 

At the beginning of the year that may have been true, but not now, Packers going into this game with 14 rookies who will be starting or playing crucial positions on Special Teams and as backups.

The vets know they have to pick up their game to help out the young guys, who are backups for a reason, they are not as talented(yet) as the guys they are replacing.

The rookies are going to want to prove themselves.

There is no looking past The Browns today, after an 0-2 start they have shown they can play with the big boys in their division and are noT the cakewalk they have been in years past.

No trap game today.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
nyrpack
10 years ago
i think boykin steps up and pack wins 37-21
jimmy b.
Tezzy
10 years ago
Can't believe nobody has mentioned the single most important factor for the game.

Comfortable Pants

It's the 1929 replicas today correct? And if I recall Rodgers has mentioned before how comfortable they are. Rodgers and crew have had some huge games in those pants.
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
beast
10 years ago

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the single most important factor for the game.

Comfortable Pants

It's the 1929 replicas today correct? And if I recall Rodgers has mentioned before how comfortable they are. Rodgers and crew have had some huge games in those pants.

Originally Posted by: Tezzy 

Rodgers mentioned that the reebok throw back pants were extremely comfortible... but they're now wearing the nike thrown back pants... are they just as comfortible? I haven't heard yet...

This proves the Packers beat writers aren't doing enough...
because they're not asking the important answers 😉 👅

UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
10 years ago
Weren't we wearing them that year the Bucs thumped us with Freeman? I cannot remember
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
Had a great time at the game today. Will post a few pix when I get a chance. Sat in the 700 section under the canopy. We didn't get very wet at all. Thanks to Colton.

If anyone is thinking of going to a game in the future. The ticket holder who sat next to me said I was the first person (well my wife and I) to use those seats. I looked at the 2 rows behind us (Yes we were in the 3rd to the last row.) those seats were empty too. A quick look at stubhub show that seats in that section and the ones nearby run a little more than $200 apiece. Not horrible. As I mentioned even though they are high you have a roof to help keep the wain or snow out if there is any. You have an escalator to take up up/down. A separate entrance so you don't have to fight long lines. Smaller crowds for the concessions and bathrooms. Individual seating with armrests and backs instead of bleacher seats.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
UserPostedImage

this is one of the photos on the wall about the 500 level of the new addition. pretty cool since my son and I were there. not this exact photo. They used the blimp shot.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
10 years ago

Had a great time at the game today. Will post a few pix when I get a chance. Sat in the 700 section under the canopy. We didn't get very wet at all. Thanks to Colton.

If anyone is thinking of going to a game in the future. The ticket holder who sat next to me said I was the first person (well my wife and I) to use those seats. I looked at the 2 rows behind us (Yes we were in the 3rd to the last row.) those seats were empty too. A quick look at stubhub show that seats in that section and the ones nearby run a little more than $200 apiece. Not horrible. As I mentioned even though they are high you have a roof to help keep the wain or snow out if there is any. You have an escalator to take up up/down. A separate entrance so you don't have to fight long lines. Smaller crowds for the concessions and bathrooms. Individual seating with armrests and backs instead of bleacher seats.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Thanks, WPR, for that valuable info.
I'm not planning on going to any games this year but you never know.
I will sock this info away for the future.
Actually I'm going to Green Bay next weekend because there is NOT a home game.

sschind
10 years ago

Thanks, WPR, for that valuable info.
I'm not planning on going to any games this year but you never know.
I will sock this info away for the future.
Actually I'm going to Green Bay next weekend because there is NOT a home game.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

Its a good time to go if you want to avoid crowds.

About 15 years ago or so my sister was living and teaching in Green Bay and she was planning on getting married there. Since our family is from the Chippewa Falls area and her fiancees family was from the Lake Geneva and Chicago area everyone would have to travel and stay in hotels. They had the date picked out and it was going to be week 2 of the season but since the schedule had not been released there was a huge unknown. She was told that she could reserve as many rooms as she wanted for Saturday night only but if there was a home game that weekend she would have to reserve them all for Friday night as well as that is pretty much SOP in the area. No one night reservations on home game weekends. She got lucky and the schedule had us playing Chicago on Monday night. This made it interesting because most of her fiancee's family were Bears fans including him (Yeah I know I should have forbidden that she marry him but what can you do with a young girl in love. He's actually not a bad guy if you can get past that one major flaw. Besides I am just glad she didn't meet a vikings fan in college) Anyway, it was a great time, I got to see the HOF. she had some great photos taken in the Lambeau Field parking lot with the stadium in the background and we all saved a ton of money. The best wedding present of all however was the belated thumping the Packer gave the Bears on Monday night. OK I don't rally know if it was a thumping or not but I know we won.

Oh yeah, and instead of being able to sleep in Sunday morning and nurse a hangover all day, guess what we got to do. Help them move. Yup, they rented a uhaul the next day and moved to Milwaukee.

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
the double nite requirement is why I stay in Appleton or Oshkosh.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (5h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (12h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (13h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (13h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (17h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (19h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (19h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (19h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (19h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (19h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (19h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (19h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (19h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (19h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (19h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (20h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (20h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (20h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.