Trippster
15 years ago
This is another subject I talked about with an insider last night.

Brohm is not grasping the offense mentally, at ALL.
Flynn has grasp of it quickly.

Also, he talked about how the defense was going to struggle. no ruch. only two sacks all preseason. How losing Williams was much more of a big deal than anyone realizes. That in order to put pressure on the QB we will need to blitz much more and that would require Rouse to do it as Bigby is not as fast to the QB. interesting takes.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

This is another subject I talked about with an insider last night.

Brohm is not grasping the offense mentally, at ALL.
Flynn has grasp of it quickly.

Also, he talked about how the defense was going to struggle. no ruch. only two sacks all preseason. How losing Williams was much more of a big deal than anyone realizes. That in order to put pressure on the QB we will need to blitz much more and that would require Rouse to do it as Bigby is not as fast to the QB. interesting takes.

"Trippster" wrote:

See, McCarthy said that mentally Brohm has grasped the offense better than he's seen anyone. That's either a lie or one helluva slam on some others lol
UserPostedImage
Packnic
15 years ago
You cant look at these moves as seperate entities. T T didn't just trade Corey Williams for fun, or because he wanted an extra draft pick. Corey was a free agent and was gonna leave because he wasn't gonna A. get paid starter money and B. become a starter. Ted didn't make this move to piss off fans, he made it because he thought it would be better to get something out of a situation where he would likely get nothing.

But the backup QB situation is something that might bite Ted and Mike in the end. Not because these kids arent good, as we don't know that yet. but because they might not be as ready as Mike and Ted would have thought. Remember this is not even close to an issue if Aaron stays healthy. So we don't need to freak out just yet i dont think. I mean Indy has Sorgi as a backup and their QB is legitamately hurt and no one is bashing their management. good QB's dont grow on trees, and many teams are in the same situation we are. These guys still have time to grow and learn throughout the season as long as Arod stays healthy.
blank
zerowley
15 years ago
I think you guys are taking way too much out of preseason regarding the run defense and pass rush. Obviously record means nothing, but I think too much is made about the performance of the starters as well.

Until I see these problems appear in games that actually matter (and with everyone healthy, something that we haven't had all preseason) I'm not going to get bent out of shape.

Of course it would be nice to have Williams back now, but at the time everybody was praising Thompson for getting good value for a player that didn't even want to stay here. Add in our depth at DT (at the time, obviously) and it would have been a mistake to pass on that trade.

Regarding Brohm, of course he's going to look lost out there. Even Peyton Manning (one of the most NFL ready quarterbacks to ever come out) had a terrible first season. The adjustment period for quarterbacks and linemen is much longer than it is for a lot of the skill positions.

The season is lost if Rodgers is out and getting the young QB's some experience is much more important than posting a better record, IMO. This is a team with Super Bowl hopes, not a team trying to post a record above .500, and that's all bringing a veteran in will accomplish.
blank
Roddyboy
15 years ago
If Tedrow's Packers tank, and Favre takes the Jets deep into the playoffs, Ted should be fired, imo.

This is his M.O.

Sign young guys and don't have a backup plan if they fail. That's why the O-Line is the way it is. That's why we've had a poor RB situation until Grant came along, etc.

One of these days, it's all going to blow up in his face. And this could be the year. :whipitgood:
blank
zombieslayer
15 years ago

You cant look at these moves as seperate entities. T T didn't just trade Corey Williams for fun, or because he wanted an extra draft pick. Corey was a free agent and was gonna leave because he wasn't gonna A. get paid starter money and B. become a starter. Ted didn't make this move to piss off fans, he made it because he thought it would be better to get something out of a situation where he would likely get nothing.

But the backup QB situation is something that might bite Ted and Mike in the end. Not because these kids arent good, as we don't know that yet. but because they might not be as ready as Mike and Ted would have thought. Remember this is not even close to an issue if Aaron stays healthy. So we don't need to freak out just yet i dont think. I mean Indy has Sorgi as a backup and their QB is legitamately hurt and no one is bashing their management. good QB's dont grow on trees, and many teams are in the same situation we are. These guys still have time to grow and learn throughout the season as long as Arod stays healthy.

"Packnic" wrote:

2 points:

1) Losing Corey Williams is nothing about pissing off the fans. I have no idea how that got in there. We want Corey Williams because he's good. Good players deserve to be paid.
Ted Thompson 's thinking was probably that Harrell will step up and we can save money by Harrell replacing Williams. Bad move. Harrell's injured again, as he probably always will be. I hope not. I hope Harrell turns out to be a Pro Bowler. I just won't bet my piggy bank on it because more than likely, he'll get injured yet again.

2) In the beginning of the preseason, I actually defended Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy for not picking up a Vet. Why? There's nobody I want. If someone like Brad Johnson was available, then yes. But there's not.

So, let's hope Aaron stays healthy. I don't want to lose Flynn long term. He may end up turning out better than Brohm. So far, he's looking better than Brohm. We pick up a Vet, we lose Flynn. You don't go into opening day with 4 QBs on your roster and if we stuck him on our PS, I will bet my piggy bank that someone else would make him an offer he can't refuse.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (3h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.