Mucky Tundra
10 years ago

A defensive lineman for the Green Bay Packers sees more potential for a defense that has given up just 13 points per game in their last three contests.

WTMJ  wrote:

Happy to have been wrong about this guy when they drafted him and I'm loving his attitude.
Porforis
10 years ago
Only thing they're not doing this year is catching picks or generating fumbles. Seems like the exact opposite of what we're used to for a while now - porous defense that stayed alive with turnovers.
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago
The Dline is starting to meaner than they have in the past. I think Jolly has had a great impact on the group this year. All players seem to talk about how much of a vocal leader he is.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
beast
10 years ago

I think the bigger difference between the first 3 games and the last 3 have been injuries, offense and back-ups...

First couple of weeks, Burnett was injured and the DBs struggled big time especially the S positions which have calm down since.

The Redskins struggled but Packers defense seem to relax on them since the offense got so far ahead.

I thought the Packers defense played well against the Bengals, other than the first drive and a small handful of big plays, the offense just kept giving the Bengals more chances.

Yes the Packers have gotten injuries but the Lions were missing Calvin Johnson and their other starting WR. And lets be honest, when fully healthy teams have to game plan around Johnson.

The Browns had their best QB injured for the year and haven't done too much since and honestly I think the Packers could of put that one away early but after the first two or three drives the offense seemed to get comfortable and the OL didn't seem to stay as low or have as good of pass rush after that.

And yes while the LB have been banged up and injured lately, between the back-ups stepping up and Capers using some adjustment tricks such as blitzing different guys ( ILB / DBs) more often they're been able to help step up for those areas. Where if the Safeties are playing poorly, there are very few tricks you can use to help them out, because like CBs they're kind of out there on their own at times.

UserPostedImage
10 years ago

Only thing they're not doing this year is catching picks or generating fumbles. Seems like the exact opposite of what we're used to for a while now - porous defense that stayed alive with turnovers.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

I am, as I'm sure most people are, so much more comfortable with THIS type of defense. I hate, hate, hated crossing my fingers for a turnover because nothing else could get done.

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

hardrocker950
10 years ago

I am, as I'm sure most people are, so much more comfortable with THIS type of defense. I hate, hate, hated crossing my fingers for a turnover because nothing else could get done.

Originally Posted by: TwinkieGorilla 

What he said.
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Assuming Clay and Perry can come back and play like they were before (esp with Perry, does he go on the right or left?), I think the increase in QB pressure will lead to more turnovers, esp with the way our CBs have been playing.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
I think Daniels is a significant step toward phasing out Raji and Pickett, and I for one am damn glad to see that. Those two big blobs are way too easy to run around and next to worthless rushing the passer - and in the case of Raji, way too easy to push around. Daniels reminds me of Cullen Jenkins. He and Datone Jones and at least one more potential "dominator" will greatly improve the front end of the Packers defense.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
hardrocker950
10 years ago
I am quite fond of the new attitude we have been seeing this year. These guys really have me convinced that nothing short of perfection is good enough for them. Rather than relying on big turnovers - they are making a bigger statement by playing more of a solid game. Sure we can want better - and who doesn't want their team to do that? Point being, their attitude would suggest that they will improve every week. Yes, I have officially drank the koolaid!

On a side note, in some ways I feel that the D schemes have been better with our injury issues - if Capers continues with this approach, the future looks great when we get more guys healthy. Now he knows that other guys can make plays - imagine making them a bigger part of the game plan!
beast
10 years ago

I think Daniels is a significant step toward phasing out Raji and Pickett, and I for one am damn glad to see that. Those two big blobs are way too easy to run around and next to worthless rushing the passer - and in the case of Raji, way too easy to push around. Daniels reminds me of Cullen Jenkins. He and Datone Jones and at least one more potential "dominator" will greatly improve the front end of the Packers defense.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Shake my head... I think most think like you. Always looking for the flashy plays... but MM/Capers have decided to move away from the agressive 3-4 and more towards the traditional 3-4.

What does that mean?

That means the NTs (Pickett, Raji and Jolly) job normally is to beat up the OL, make their life hell, clog holes from the RBs and give the LBers a chance to make a play.

Translation, this defense is build around those blobs beating up the OL and letting the other guys get the flashy plays and glory, and seeing how well the defense has played with 3 of their 4 starting LBers out and opening the season with horrible DB play, I'd say those blobs in the trenches have been getting the job done.

This defense is build around those blobs being able to control the line and for the most part they've done a VERY good job. They asked to manipulate the OL, and setting up others for the flashy plays.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (16h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (17h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (20h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (23h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.