Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Zero, that surgery to repair a herniated disk was a vertebrae fusion. According to this, Richardson had a fusion at a different location.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/228996971.html 

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

Nick Collins C-3 and C-4
Sean Richardson C-5 and C-6

whatever the hell that means
UserPostedImage
steveishere
10 years ago

Whatever already! All I know is that between Jennings and McMillian there has been a whole lot of suck going on opposite Burnett. Let Richardton compete.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Unless there are some season ending injuries I doubt they will activate him right away. They will probably keep him the full 3 weeks from whenever they activate him just in case someone else gets hurt during that time.
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Nick Collins C-3 and C-4
Sean Richardson C-5 and C-6

whatever the hell that means

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Look at the diagram in the post above. Richardson's problem was farther down than Collins - apparently a good thing.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
play2win
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

If I could applaud this 10,000 times, I would. This is very, very good news for the Packers. They will eventually be teaming old teammates Casey Hayward and Sean Richardson in the same secondary. I can't wait to see it!

PickFest!
beast
10 years ago

It is amazing that 5 drs can agree on anything.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

5 out of 5 drs agree that med school should of cost them less... and they should be paid more

đź‘…

UserPostedImage
luigis
10 years ago
If the C3 disk presses against the spine you can actually die as it's in the zone that controls the diaphragm.
A C3-C4 fussion means you are out of sports, or that no doctor will ever clear you.

C4-C5 is less risky, the player might have paralysis in his legs but there's no risk to die.

That's the main difference between Collins and Richardson injuries.

I still don't know if the Packers will allow Richardson to play even if cleared by docs. There's always a risk.
Luis
mi_keys
10 years ago

Very surprised they approved him.

Bernardo Harris played again after a neck fusion surgery, but that's the exception to the rule, especially with this team. He reinjured it too, iirc.

Anyway, let's see what the kid can do.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

You do talk some absolute bollocks, don't you.

A quick google search on Bernardo Harris and fusion surgery only yields one relevant result: your post on this site.

Harris from 96 through 2001 was active 16 games each year. He was active 13 games in 2002. In 2003 he was put on injured reserve for a broken fibula and retired.

I don't think you recall correctly.

Also, I'd like to see you show any evidence to support your assertion that returning is the exception. I've looked and there doesn't seem to be a ton of data on the matter. One of the fewer studies I found showed almost three quarters of players returned to play from surgery for a herniated disc. Half of those surgeries were neck fusions.

Sources:
http://www.nfl.com/player/bernardoharris/2501039/profile 
http://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?id=2773 
http://www.aaos.org/news/aaosnow/nov10/clinical2.asp 
Born and bred a cheesehead
nerdmann
10 years ago

You do talk some absolute bollocks, don't you.

A quick google search on Bernardo Harris and fusion surgery only yields one relevant result: your post on this site.

Harris from 96 through 2001 was active 16 games each year. He was active 13 games in 2002. In 2003 he was put on injured reserve for a broken fibula and retired.

I don't think you recall correctly.

Also, I'd like to see you show any evidence to support your assertion that returning is the exception. I've looked and there doesn't seem to be a ton of data on the matter. One of the fewer studies I found showed almost three quarters of players returned to play from surgery for a herniated disc. Half of those surgeries were neck fusions.

Sources:
http://www.nfl.com/player/bernardoharris/2501039/profile 
http://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?id=2773 
http://www.aaos.org/news/aaosnow/nov10/clinical2.asp 

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

Johnny Holland? One of those guys.

He reinjured it as I recall.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
mi_keys
10 years ago
Fair enough, Johnny Holland did re-injure his neck after spinal fusion.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (9h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
    Zero2Cool (9h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
    wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
    wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
    wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
    wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
    wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
    wpr (17-Mar) : INI
    wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
    dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
    dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
    Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.