Since69
10 years ago

40:54 time of possession.

Defense gives up garbage from time to time. This game wasn't as close as the score would suggest.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

God DAMMIT I hate it when we give up garbage time TDs. Especially when they're the result of questionable pass interference calls. I know that the only thing that matters is getting that "W", but we played shutdown football and the score doesn't reflect it.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
Packers always seem to get their punt return TD's against the Vikings. I think Will Blackmon had two, Randall Cobb had one and now Micah Hyde.
UserPostedImage
Reignman
10 years ago
Admit it, you guys are jealous. You wish you had a QB like Ponder. A QB that just strikes fear in defenses and opposing fans. A QB that looks so lost, stares down receivers, holds the ball forever, doesn't see wide open receivers, and then when he does throw, it's late, floated, into double coverage, and generally nowhere near the intended receiver. Oh except on those 2 yard check downs to Gerhart, Carlson, and Rudolph on 3rd n long. He's got those down pat. Yeah every pass is an adventure. It's just gotta be so boring watching Rodgers throw for 300 yards and 3 TD's every week. Yawn!

I mean I feel so sorry for you guys because you don't have the pleasure of knowing what it's like to have your QB below 100 yards late in the 4th and wondering if he'll do it. Wondering if he can break the 100 yard threshold yet again. It's so exciting. At a boy Ponder. It wasn't until garbage time again, but you pulled it off. 7 straight games above 100 yards. The streak continues. He's 1 game shy of his career high of 8 straight above 100 yards. We're talking about a QB right? Not a RB? Yep a QB.

It's almost too bad he won't get another chance to add to that streak. Oh wait, I almost forgot, Frazier is still our coach. Yeah we probably haven't seen the last of Ponder yet.
warhawk
10 years ago
I would like to mention that the receivers made some very nice catches out there last night. Neither TD catch by Nelson were easy and both White and Boykin made a couple of very nice grabs as well.
I think Boykin made two right off the ground, Nelson caught a low one for a short gain that was no easy catch, and White's first catch was a stretch out thrown behind him.

Those to TD's to Nelson whistling right by the defenders ear hole were unbelievable.

A couple of years ago I would suspect four or five of these passes being dropped. They are all doing much better in that category this year.

"The train is leaving the station."
Reignman
10 years ago

Reignman, I haven't met/talked to you yet, but I like you already!
You love your team, but are obviously frustrated out of your mind at their horrible play.

Yet you still stick with them. That, is a TRUE fan, and my cheesehead is off to you!

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Thanks! Yeah unfortunately I'm stuck being a fan of this sorry excuse of a franchise (since '84). I'm no homer though. Man nothing drives me more crazy than an unreasonable homer, and boy do we got enough of those over here.

The vikes passed twice on Aaron Rodgers in the draft, I can only imagine what they could have been today with Rodgers and Peterson.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

We passed on drafting a QB because we had Culpepper who was darn good until we lost Moss and then the wheels fell off. We drafted Troy "brick hands" Williamson, and Erasmus James ahead of Rodgers. On a related note, a lot of fans are mad that we beat the Redskins in in our 3-13 2011 season because they believe it cost us a chance at drafting Luck or RG3, but that's just not true. We drafted Ponder 12th overall in '11 and he was supposed to be our franchise QB so there's no way we draft another QB in the 1st round in '12, even if we had the #1 or #2 pick. These idiots believed Ponder was the answer.

Agreed. Major Dad wouldn't have developed Aaron in the same way.

Nor would the "triangle of authority" have drafted all these weapons.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

And that's the other thing. Had we drafted Rodgers, we would have turned him into a "game manager" like we try to do with all QB's and his career would have been ruined. Only the Vikings draft game managers with high 1st round picks because you know, you just can't find one of those on anyone's bench lol.

Anyway I believe that the worst thing the Vikes have done is HC hiring. Dennis Green was bad, Mr Pencilhead was worst and Leslie Frazier really doesn't seem to have a clue about this game. He could (should have been) be fired on the spot for making Freeman attempt 50 passes against the Giants with Peterson healthy. That game was a circus show.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

Bingo! We went from Green, to Tice, to Childress, to Frazier. Each have been worse than the previous. I'm almost afraid we'll promote Musgrave or Williams once Frazier is shown the door. This entire staff just can't get fired fast enough.

God DAMMIT I hate it when we give up garbage time TDs. Especially when they're the result of questionable pass interference calls. I know that the only thing that matters is getting that "W", but we played shutdown football and the score doesn't reflect it.

Originally Posted by: Since69 

Lol I thought I was the only one who hated the garbage yards and points there at the end. I just remember saying that twit Ponder didn't deserve to pad his stats. Oh man and I was so pissed when Gerhart flexed to the crowd after his TD. I would have jumped on the field and punched him in the throat if I was there. You don't deserve to celebrate in garbage time you clown.
Reignman
10 years ago
Another thing I was wondering is how many of your receivers were in street clothes or on the practice squad before all your starters went down? I was like, who the f*** is Boykin, and Myles White, and Quarless? Well you should take their success last night with a grain of salt. They were playing the Vikings sorry ass pass defense after all. Anyone covered by Josh Robinson or Chris Cook in our pathetic cover 0 scheme should have an asterisk next to their name on the stat sheet.

Many Ponder apologists were saying last year that Ponder had a bad year because he didn't have any weapons. We had the likes of Michael Jenkins, Devin Aromashodu, and Simpson. I mean that would normally be a valid point unless you had at least 1 eye and actually watched Ponder play. The guy just didn't pass the eye test. But anyway, fast forward to this year, we add Jennings (who is great by Viking standards), and Patterson, and Simpson playing better, but Ponder still regressed. We had no TD's to WR's until Cassel played week 4.

Now compare it to a guy like Rodgers. He's out there with what? 3rd stringers? And still didn't miss a beat? Stupid Ponder apologists. They're still trying to defend him after last night, saying Ponder didn't get enough chances because the defense couldn't get off the field. Really? I guess the defense is to blame for all those 3 n outs. He had his chances and sh*t the bed ... AGAIN! Even in garbage time he looked pedestrian throwing the ball.
olds70supreme
10 years ago
My thoughts from the game:

Lacy made a lot out of nothing. His stats look pretty good considering all the times he was met in the backfield. I wonder how bruised he is after a game like yesterday's. The Vikings defenders were putting some good hits on him every run, and it seemed like every run it took 2-4 of those hits before he was down.

Starks looked good. Maybe Lacy is slower than I think and I noticed because of the contrast, but Starks looked really fast out there.

Patterson is going to be a problem. On that opening kickoff he looked like somebody took a regular football player, scaled him to 120%, and kept his speed. Not sure why the MN offense isn't designed around him, but then again I am not a football mind and don't follow the Vikings too closely.

Rodgers and the receivers looked good. Not taking anything away from Rodgers, but the WRs were making some great "snap" catches.

Did it seem to anybody else that Rodgers was trying to audition for rushing QB of the year? SLIDE!

The defense seemed to play ok.

Am I giving Ponder too much credit if I say it looked like he was targeting Tramon Williams?

Credit to Tramon Williams for sticking his nose in their one on one against Peterson for the tackle (slight redemption for past whiffs). That play is a good example of how misguided the legal/illegal helmet hits are. Peterson makes defenders pay by popping them with his helmet (not a burn on him, but on the NFL rules).

Peterson looked like his old self out there.

Franklin nearly had a huge error on a kick return. Seems like a rookie mistake, obviously didn't go in with a plan and was doing his thinking as the play was in action.

Jeremy Ross played well for the Lions yesterday.

Viking fan coworkers (I live in MN) seem to be in awe of Hawk.

Our TE (embarassed I can't remember his name, and too lazy to look it up) did relatively well in that he didn't have terrible drops.

blank
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

My thoughts from the game:

Lacy made a lot out of nothing. His stats look pretty good considering all the times he was met in the backfield. I wonder how bruised he is after a game like yesterday's. The Vikings defenders were putting some good hits on him every run, and it seemed like every run it took 2-4 of those hits before he was down.

Starks looked good. Maybe Lacy is slower than I think and I noticed because of the contrast, but Starks looked really fast out there.

Patterson is going to be a problem. On that opening kickoff he looked like somebody took a regular football player, scaled him to 120%, and kept his speed. Not sure why the MN offense isn't designed around him, but then again I am not a football mind and don't follow the Vikings too closely.

Rodgers and the receivers looked good. Not taking anything away from Rodgers, but the WRs were making some great "snap" catches.

Did it seem to anybody else that Rodgers was trying to audition for rushing QB of the year? SLIDE!

The defense seemed to play ok.

Am I giving Ponder too much credit if I say it looked like he was targeting Tramon Williams?

Credit to Tramon Williams for sticking his nose in their one on one against Peterson for the tackle (slight redemption for past whiffs). That play is a good example of how misguided the legal/illegal helmet hits are. Peterson makes defenders pay by popping them with his helmet (not a burn on him, but on the NFL rules).

Peterson looked like his old self out there.

Franklin nearly had a huge error on a kick return. Seems like a rookie mistake, obviously didn't go in with a plan and was doing his thinking as the play was in action.

Jeremy Ross played well for the Lions yesterday.

Viking fan coworkers (I live in MN) seem to be in awe of Hawk.

Our TE (embarassed I can't remember his name, and too lazy to look it up) did relatively well in that he didn't have terrible drops.

Originally Posted by: olds70supreme 

nice summary.
I wanted to see Aaron get down a little quicker too.
I sort of liked Williams "almost" tackle of AP. Knocked him slightly off his center of gravity and hoped AP would fall down. It worked.
TE=Quarless
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

On a related note, a lot of fans are mad that we beat the Redskins in in our 3-13 2011 season because they believe it cost us a chance at drafting Luck or RG3, but that's just not true. We drafted Ponder 12th overall in '11 and he was supposed to be our franchise QB so there's no way we draft another QB in the 1st round in '12, even if we had the #1 or #2 pick. These idiots believed Ponder was the answer.

Originally Posted by: Reignman 

I agree with almost all you have posted. This one is one of the best.

On draft day (and the weeks leading up to it) I was saying there was no way MN selects one of the top QBs because they were in love with Ponder. Otherwise why was the 12th overall pick on him? I was thrilled when they did by the way. At best he was going to be average.

Wish you would shun the franchise that doesn't care about its fans and come over to an organization that exudes class.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (10h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (12h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (14h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (14h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (17h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (18h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Around The NFL / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.