Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
8 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DarkaneRules  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:31:26 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

Eh not for me. Not this year. I prefer the Vikings being more formidable.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
thanks Post received 2 applause.
pokethebear on 10/30/2013(UTC), Reignman on 11/5/2013(UTC)
Offline porky88  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:05:23 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 194
Applause Received: 408

Cutler always did struggle against Dom Capers' defense, so his absence could be a blessing in disguise for the Bears. Nonetheless, Chicago's defense is not very good this year. They struggle to defend the pass. They struggle to defend the run. Green Bay is doing both well.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/30/2013(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:20:38 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: Dulak Go to Quoted Post
still a bit worried about our lack or receivers - dont think Ive seen bostick out there much; say we give him a go.

Really? you're worried after the 2 performances with only 1 starting caliber receiver available? I actually think Boykin is starting caliber, albeit we've faced the Vikings and Browns, but the guy is coming into his own.

I don't look at it as the lack of receivers when you have 3 running backs that can play. Plus when you got a Jordy Nelson it makes it easier.

We have the 2nd most offensive yards in the league, plus we have surprisingly only given up 17 sacks through 8 games. Which I have to think it was way way higher at this time last year.

After seeing we can win with backup recievers, Jarrett Boykin, Myles White, Andrew Quarless just to name a few. I feel pretty damn good with anyone on the field as long as long as we have Arod.
texaspackerbacker on 10/30/2013(UTC), pokethebear on 10/30/2013(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:24:07 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: porky88 Go to Quoted Post
Cutler always did struggle against Dom Capers' defense, so his absence could be a blessing in disguise for the Bears. Nonetheless, Chicago's defense is not very good this year. They struggle to defend the pass. They struggle to defend the run. Green Bay is doing both well.

Only win Cutler has beaten us in his career was in Week 3 on MNF in 2010. Cutler sucks against the blitz imo. That's what kills him. He has a better offensive line though, Mcclown has a better offensive line. It's gonna be tough to get pressure on the Bears without Matthews. Hopefully we get back Nick Perry this week. Mike Neal has struggled the past 2 weeks. Gonna be a tough game. For the first time in severalllll years the Bears offense is better than their defense. Which isn't a bad thing.
Offline wpr  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:42:34 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,143
Applause Received: 1,515

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
I disagree. Wins over the vikings or cowboys are 100 X sweeter than wins over the Bears

It all depends on your perspective. South of the cheeseland border beating to Bears even if they are hapless is much better than beating the vikies even if that win is for the division title.

The crap I get from Bears fans even from grandmas is ridiculous. A couple of wins a year keeps them quiet. I have not heard a whisper since the Bears began their annual hibernation.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Yerko on 10/30/2013(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 6:11:12 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 481
Applause Received: 292

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
Only win Cutler has beaten us in his career was in Week 3 on MNF in 2010. Cutler sucks against the blitz imo. That's what kills him. He has a better offensive line though, Mcclown has a better offensive line. It's gonna be tough to get pressure on the Bears without Matthews. Hopefully we get back Nick Perry this week. Mike Neal has struggled the past 2 weeks. Gonna be a tough game. For the first time in severalllll years the Bears offense is better than their defense. Which isn't a bad thing.

hahaha It's a bad thing for their defense. For some odd reason (maybe because of that game you mentioned), Cutler scares me just a little bit with his potential to explode/get inspired/whatever - even though it would be unlikely to happen. I'm more comfortable with a low-ceiling career backup like McCown in there. I bet he throws a couple to our guys.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 7:27:05 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,222

Bears have 14 days to prepare for the Packers.
Packers have 7 days to prepare for the Bears.

"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 7:29:59 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,704
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

The rest will definitely help them.

It's somewhat unfair to match teams like that. Too bad they can't work it out so teams who play each other have the bye week at the same time. At least we'll get an extra day of rest, since it's a Monday night game.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline wpr  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:07:30 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,143
Applause Received: 1,515

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

and yet GB will still kick their butts.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
pokethebear on 10/30/2013(UTC), texaspackerbacker on 10/30/2013(UTC)
Offline warhawk  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:12:45 AM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 227

Not having Briggs will hurt an already poor defense. He created more hell for us on the inside runs often blowing them up for losses. Instinctive and hard to block player who was the leader of the D after Urlacher left.

The only chance they have is if they get multiple strips from our young receivers and RB's and Hester takes a couple back all the way or deep into our territory.

I always dread playing these guys because it's always ugly. They won't do anything at all and then they pick up a ball laying on the ground for a TD and get a big return out of Hester and all of a sudden they are in the game.

We will probably kill them stat wise. Double their first downs and total yards but the score won't show that. Like I say, it's always ugly playing the Bears. They seldom win without three turnovers and a couple of big ST plays thrown in.

That and the fact that no matter how bad they get their ass kicked all game long Bears fans will always come up with one or two plays that would have won the game for them regardless of how fortunate they were to even be in the game at all.
"The train is leaving the station."
nerdmann on 10/30/2013(UTC), sschind on 11/1/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed