wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
10 years ago

Believe it or not Erik Walden was a great signing in 2010. Even Howard Green was a great addition in 10'.

I think Ted thrives when he brings in guys during the year. Ala Dujaun Harris, despite his injury this year, he was our best back last year. No offense to Alex Green.

Now I don't know if it's a cap thing or not but other teams can put together great drafts, and they still bring in great free agents.

Ted will bring in free agents then let them go, and he'll stick with his draft picks till the end unless they absolutely can't compete.

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon 

At least in my own personal definition greatness isn't confined to one season. "Solid" or "good" or even "adequate" apply to a single year. Great is something that takes place over a long period of time.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
10 years ago

Yooper loves to complain and be a Negative Nancy.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

I reserve the right to be a fan of, or not be a fan of whoever I so wish.
More than likely I have been a fan of the Green Bay Packers longer than you have been alive.
So a big FU to you!
Have a happy day.

DoddPower
10 years ago

I reserve the right to be a fan of, or not be a fan of whoever I so wish.
More than likely I have been a fan of the Green Bay Packers longer than you have been alive.
So a big FU to you!
Have a happy day.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

I never said you didn't have a "right" to be a complainer and/or a Negative Nancy and a Debbie Downer, I just stated the fact that you often are. Please, feel free to carry on. I'm just glad I'm not that way, that's all.

UserPostedImage

But complaining about having a general manager like Ted Thompson is pretty laughable to the rest of the football world.
DarkaneRules
10 years ago
With trades and things like that, I always think about who we potentially lose for the future. You can never know that until it comes to fruition. That is why you have to stick to a mindset and take it all the way. Never back down from that.

The Patriots with all those superbowls hit lightning in a bottle. They had a great veteran team, great coaching, and an ascending hall of fame quarter back in Tom Brady.

I think the days of dynasties is gone for now. Now it is about being relevant and consistently good for long stretches of time. We have been able to do that. From 6-10 to the playoffs every year and one Superbowl. We are spoiled guys.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
TheKanataThrilla
10 years ago
To me it comes down to whether you want to try and win your Superbowls by being consistenly a contending team in the playoffs, or do you risk it all by signing free agents and increasing your chance at the Superbowl, but then not consistently make it to the playoffs as you deal with the Cap problems that often come with going after the big available stars. I like our approach because having Rodgers to me means we have a legitimate shot at knocking out any team as he is to me the most talented player on the field every game. Is it frustrating not to get some of the FA guys? Yeah, but we got Lacy a hell of a lot cheaper than Jackson and we will have him hopefully for many years to come whereas Jackson may have been a short term plus but at a much higher price tag.
nerdmann
10 years ago

To me it comes down to whether you want to try and win your Superbowls by being consistenly a contending team in the playoffs, or do you risk it all by signing free agents and increasing your chance at the Superbowl, but then not consistently make it to the playoffs as you deal with the Cap problems that often come with going after the big available stars. I like our approach because having Rodgers to me means we have a legitimate shot at knocking out any team as he is to me the most talented player on the field every game. Is it frustrating not to get some of the FA guys? Yeah, but we got Lacy a hell of a lot cheaper than Jackson and we will have him hopefully for many years to come whereas Jackson may have been a short term plus but at a much higher price tag.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Once you get to the playoffs, anything can happen.

The more times you get there, the more likely you are to win it all. Ted has kept this team on the top of the heap for many years, and it looks like they're going to stay that way for the forseeable future, knock on wood.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
10 years ago

Once you get to the playoffs, anything can happen.

The more times you get there, the more likely you are to win it all. Ted has kept this team on the top of the heap for many years, and it looks like they're going to stay that way for the forseeable future, knock on wood.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

The vikies have disproved this theory. Bills not far behind.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: wpr 

They didn't have Aaron Rodgers! heh heh. Plus, the Vikings just don't count, period, because well . . . they're the Vikings.
DoddPower
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

I wanted Steven Jackson, but he has basically been a complete bust so far in ATL. Eddie Lacy has been the MUCH better player. Jackson quickly got hurt, and has taken forever to heal. When he came back last week, he didn't look effective . . . at all. Yet another great move by Ted Thompson, even if Jackson comes on a little bit later in the season. I still can't imagine him being as good as Lacy, and certainly not better.
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: wpr 

So you have a better chance of winning if you're not even in the dance? I think it's quite clear if you're there all the time it improves your chances. Bills were four times within 60 minutes of winning. Had they not made the playoffs, they don't get that close at all.

Mr. Obvious as spoken.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (11m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (50m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.