nerdmann
10 years ago
FACT. This team won most of it's Superbowls WITHOUT Aaron Rodgers.

Seneca is a career journeyman. But as McGinn points out, he's 11-10 against the spread, which controls for the shittiness of your team.

We've got enough weapons around him that we could still win. I know I always use this example, but it's true. Remember how everyone was wailing and giving up when Barclay got his first start last year? Well it turned out Barclay could get it done.

Keep in mind, we've also got that running game now. Seneca can turn and hand the ball to Eddie Lacy. Not a problem.

If anything, the offense would have to be scaled down, like it has been with all these receivers out. As we have seen, that forces Mike to adhere to FUNDAMENTALS. For example, instead of trying to score fast, so as to rack up as many stats as possible, they're cultivating time of possession. This keeps the defense fresh, wears down the OTHER defense (as we saw against the Queens) and has the added side benefit of preventing the other team from running nearly as many plays on offense.

Seneca's not gonna be passing up open guys, looking for the deep routes to get open. He's gonna be getting the ball out in 2.5.

Game manager.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
Anything is possible, but I doubt it.

The Packers O Line just doesn't give a QB much time to throw. Maybe Wallace could run for his life and throw on the run, but not anything like Aaron Rodgers. Also, Rodgers is disciplined way beyond anything I've seen from any other QB in terms of not making ill-advised throws. Maybe Wallace is a little bit that way too, but NOBODY is like Aaron Rodgers.

As for a running game, whenever the D of the other team knows it's coming, our line just can't seem to open any holes. Lacy is better than anything we have had in a long time, but he can't make something out of nothing like Adrian Peterson or Barry Sanders or O.J. or Jim Brown or Gayle Sayers (I see a little bit of that in the Badgers Gordon - but that's a different topic).

Without Rodgers, we would be sunk against any decent team. Probably the Bears still qualify as that.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
nerdmann
10 years ago

Anything is possible, but I doubt it.

The Packers O Line just doesn't give a QB much time to throw. Maybe Wallace could run for his life and throw on the run, but not anything like Aaron Rodgers. Also, Rodgers is disciplined way beyond anything I've seen from any other QB in terms of not making ill-advised throws. Maybe Wallace is a little bit that way too, but NOBODY is like Aaron Rodgers.

As for a running game, whenever the D of the other team knows it's coming, our line just can't seem to open any holes. Lacy is better than anything we have had in a long time, but he can't make something out of nothing like Adrian Peterson or Barry Sanders or O.J. or Jim Brown or Gayle Sayers (I see a little bit of that in the Badgers Gordon - but that's a different topic).

Without Rodgers, we would be sunk against any decent team. Probably the Bears still qualify as that.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Bullshit.

Aaron doesn't make ill advised throws? Really? He won't throw a Hail Mary at the end of the half, because he's afraid of having an INT on his stat sheet. That's true. But did you see those TDs to Jordy last week? Dude wasn't open. Aaron zinged it right past the CB's helmet.

And yeah Seneca is a running QB. So much so, that he's actually played WR in the NFL. But he's also not gonna be holding the ball for 8.5.

As for Eddie Lacy, he's made something out of nothing many times. I still think Franklin is better at that. He's a little shiftier, he's just being taught a lesson about ball security.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
10 years ago

FACT. This team won most of it's Superbowls WITHOUT Aaron Rodgers.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Totally and completely FALSE.
THIS team has won nothing with or without Rodgers when it comes to Superbowls. THIS team has not even made it to the playoffs yet. You can not look at 1960's and say because they won without Aaron the current team can win. The guys who played back then are too old now.

UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Bullsh!t.

Aaron doesn't make ill advised throws? Really? He won't throw a Hail Mary at the end of the half, because he's afraid of having an INT on his stat sheet. That's true. But did you see those TDs to Jordy last week? Dude wasn't open. Aaron zinged it right past the CB's helmet.

And yeah Seneca is a running QB. So much so, that he's actually played WR in the NFL. But he's also not gonna be holding the ball for 8.5.

As for Eddie Lacy, he's made something out of nothing many times. I still think Franklin is better at that. He's a little shiftier, he's just being taught a lesson about ball security.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I didn't say Rodgers is a machine that NEVER puts it up for grabs or whatever (those throws to Nelson certainly weren't an example of THAT).

As for Wallace running, I would rather have had Vince Young. Undoubtedly Wallace could escape and throw it sometimes, maybe even occasionally complete. The point is, our O Line, sadly, makes that necessary way too often. The point also is, NOBODY does it quite like Aaron Rodgers - not even close.

I like Lacy a lot - Franklin not so much, but without a great threat of a pass to set them up, the O Line just doesn't give them a chance - and that get hit in the backfield, bounce off 2 or 3 times, change direction and be off to the races thing just doesn't happen for either Lacy or Franklin like it does for those other guys I mentioned.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
10 years ago
Never understood what people see in McGinn. IMO he's just another hack reporter/pseudo-journalist. But that's me bias.

I do know I don't like tempting fate this way. Rodgers better not go down. Just because the Packers can whip a hapless team like the Vikings doesn't make them a juggernaut without their all-world QB.

Rodgers goes down for any length of time and this team isn't going to be a one-and-done wild card team.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
10 years ago

Never understood what people see in McGinn. IMO he's just another hack reporter/pseudo-journalist. But that's me bias.

I do know I don't like tempting fate this way. Rodgers better not go down. Just because the Packers can whip a hapless team like the Vikings doesn't make them a juggernaut without their all-world QB.

Rodgers goes down for any length of time and this team isn't going to be a one-and-done wild card team.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

I don't thin a screwball journalist wannabe can jinx a team or player. Otherwise every hack in the land would be writing/raving about the opposition's key player hoping to cause some sort of calamity. SI not withstanding.

Speaking of which- A few weeks ago they had the The Atlanta Braves' Upton brothers doing cheesecake pix with Kate Upton. One of the pix was the front cover. A reader wrote a letter to the editor telling them if Kate is injured and misses out on this year's photo shoots he will cancel his subscription to SI. I almost choked.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago

I didn't say Rodgers is a machine that NEVER puts it up for grabs or whatever (those throws to Nelson certainly weren't an example of THAT).

As for Wallace running, I would rather have had Vince Young. Undoubtedly Wallace could escape and throw it sometimes, maybe even occasionally complete. The point is, our O Line, sadly, makes that necessary way too often. The point also is, NOBODY does it quite like Aaron Rodgers - not even close.

I like Lacy a lot - Franklin not so much, but without a great threat of a pass to set them up, the O Line just doesn't give them a chance - and that get hit in the backfield, bounce off 2 or 3 times, change direction and be off to the races thing just doesn't happen for either Lacy or Franklin like it does for those other guys I mentioned.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Wallace is a pro's pro. Young is a headcase. The Randy Moss of QBs.

That said, they could bring him back in the offseason. Who knows how he'd look if he actually learned the offense. Wallace has a strong background in WCO (which is what he would be running, unlike Aaron's Run and Shoot.)

I hope to hell Aaron never goes down, but if he did I'd still tune in and watch, and I wouldn't even be shitting myself.
DakotaT
10 years ago

Totally and completely FALSE.
THIS team has won nothing with or without Rodgers when it comes to Superbowls. THIS team has not even made it to the playoffs yet. You can not look at 1960's and say because they won without Aaron the current team can win. The guys who played back then are too old now.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

This makes absolutely no sense, and Texas liking it proves the theorem. I know you guys are old, but Alzheimer's already?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (10h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.