beast
10 years ago

Marshall and Jeffery can both go up and get jump balls. That right there is why I always cringe playing against Cutler, even though we have the record to say otherwise against him. He is willing to just chuck it up and let the WR make a play, and they can. I do think the Trestman offense is more tailored to be able to succeed with a backup like Josh, so I don't expect their offense to be neutered by much. Like our focus so many games this year, stuff the run and go from there.

Originally Posted by: Tezzy 

True, but Cutler is also willing to just chuck it up there and lett he DB make a plays as well, if I'm reading the stats right, Cutler throw 1 TD and 4 INTs in his last two match-ups with the Packers. šŸ‘
I think Woodson loved to play against Cutler for that reason.

As for Josh McCown, he might not be as talented as Cutler but he might be a better overall fit for Trestman offense because he's safer with the ball.

Both Cutler and McCown started one game against the Packers in 2011

09/25/2011 Cutler was 21 of 37 (56.8%) for 302 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT, 3 sacks, 3 rushes for 11 yards.

12/25/2011 (Christmas game) McCown was 19 of 28 (67.9%) for 242 yards with 1 TD and 2 INT, 0 sacks, also 8 runs for 38 yards

Cutler had one more TD, but McCown had a better %, advoided sacks and could run better. I'd say McCown had the better game numbers wise and they scored a couple more points under him than with Cutler.

UserPostedImage
hardrocker950
10 years ago
It is a unique fan base in this area (NE Iowa.) Most of the people here are Packers, Vikings, and Bears fans - and the Chicago fan base has grown a lot in the past few years with many moving from Illinois to get away from inner city life.

That aside, I can't really expect the Bears to be a huge challenge given they don't seem to have the depth to overcome the injury situation. No team wants to play the Pack with their starting QB out - don't blame them.

I see us dominating on both sides of the ball with Lacy having a big game - 120 yards and 2 TDs. Nelson and Boykin both have a big game, each finding the end zone. Rodgers goes 29 of 34 throws 3 touchdowns with 290 yards. Defense plays strong through 3 quarters with 3 turnovers and gives up points with soft coverage in garbage time.

Packers win 41-20
beast
10 years ago

Bears sign DT Jay Ratliff
UserPostedImage
OlHoss1884
10 years ago
NFL Network reports Ratliffe won't be active this week.

Cutler has had bad games against us but mostly because he tries to force to much...something he has done for years in Chicago with no weapons and terrible OC's to go with his bad line. This year the line is better and he's got Marshall, Bennet and Jeffrey in addition to Forte. Cutler being out hurts them but they hve a smart, offensive-minded coach who can make due with backup, especially against a secondary that still has a lot of coverage lapses.

The issue for the Bears is that they injury plague has finally hit their defense and they have no beef up the middle, just when we have a running game going. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us rack up 200 on the ground Monday night. In addition, their secondary hits hard and forces turnovers but they aren't especially good in coverage, something that will hurt them defensing in the red zone. ESPECIALLY if the pass rush is worn down from a 12 or 14 play drive like the ones last week.

I see the Packers getting 8 posessions and scoring like six times. If both teams were fully healthy I would say it would be close but I see this one going like 34-20
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
beast
10 years ago
I wish there was some some of season scenarios generator where you could pick the games and see how it would effect the standings. They do have some for the playoffs, but they all seem to start in week 13 and not go the whole season.

So to figure out what would happen in playoff stuff you have to go figure out the hard way (reading the rules and researching how things would come out).

So if the Packers beat the Bears, then the Packers will have tie breakers (at least for now) over the whole NFC North and on top of having a two game lead on the Bears and one game lead on the Lions.

BUT if the Packers lose to the Bea... Bea... lose to... THEM... then there would be a 3 way tie for the NFC North. And going to the division tie breakers rules, they would be tied for the top 3 tie breakers. Going to the 4th one... where the Lions would then have the best record in the NFC (Packers currently have the best record of the 3 in the NFC but a lost Monday would give it to the Lions for now). And Bears would then have the head to head win over the Packers...

Long story short, Packers are playing for 1st or 3rd... Bears are playing for 2nd or 3rd and Lions are going to be 1st or 2nd.

1) Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
2) Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3) Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4) Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

NFL.com  wrote:

UserPostedImage
mi_keys
10 years ago

Is it the grand one of them all, Wills Northwoods Inn? I have yet to go there but would like to one weekend. I've been spoiled by free Sunday Ticket this year so I don't have to trek out to a Packers bar but when I did, it was to a smaller one in Elmhurst, Il.

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

I live about a 5 minute walk from Wills. I'm there for most games. Love the place.

There was a stretch last year where I would be there 3 days out of the week between Badgers, Packers and a flag football sponsorship.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
[list=1]
  • 176 Sun November 16, 2008 W Green Bay Packers Chicago Bears 37 3
  • 177 Mon December 22, 2008 L Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears 17 20
  • 178 Sun September 13, 2009 W Green Bay Packers Chicago Bears 21 15
  • 179 Sun December 13, 2009 W Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears 21 14
  • 180 Mon September 27, 2010 L Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears 17 20
  • 181 Sun January 2, 2011 W Green Bay Packers Chicago Bears 10 3
  • 182 Sun January 23, 2011 W Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears 21 14
  • 183 Sun September 25, 2011 W Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears 27 17
  • 184 Sun December 25, 2011 W Green Bay Packers Chicago Bears 35 21
  • 185 Thu September 13, 2012 W Green Bay Packers Chicago Bears 23 10
  • 186 Sun December 16, 2012 W Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears 21 13
  • [/list]

I heard on the radio that Aaron Rodgers is 9 - 2 against the Bears. The only two loses are from the only two Monday Night Football games against the Bears.
    UserPostedImage
    wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member
    10 years ago

[list=1]

• 176 Sun November 16, 2008 W Green Bay Packers Chicago Bears 37 3
  • 177 Mon December 22, 2008 L Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears 17 20
  • 178 Sun September 13, 2009 W Green Bay Packers Chicago Bears 21 15
  • 179 Sun December 13, 2009 W Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears 21 14
  • 180 Mon September 27, 2010 L Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears 17 20
  • 181 Sun January 2, 2011 W Green Bay Packers Chicago Bears 10 3
  • 182 Sun January 23, 2011 W Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears 21 14
  • 183 Sun September 25, 2011 W Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears 27 17
  • 184 Sun December 25, 2011 W Green Bay Packers Chicago Bears 35 21
  • 185 Thu September 13, 2012 W Green Bay Packers Chicago Bears 23 10
  • 186 Sun December 16, 2012 W Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears 21 13
  • [/list]

I heard on the radio that Aaron Rodgers is 9 - 2 against the Bears. The only two loses are from the only two Monday Night Football games against the Bears.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

both were in Chicago so no worries here. šŸ‘
    UserPostedImage
    Tezzy
    10 years ago
    Bears Still Suck 
    On top of every beard grows a man.
    "The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
    Yerko
    10 years ago

I live about a 5 minute walk from Wills. I'm there for most games. Love the place.

There was a stretch last year where I would be there 3 days out of the week between Badgers, Packers and a flag football sponsorship.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

It would be about a 20-30 minute ride for me down Diversey from Oak Park Ave. Maybe I'll catch a game (or more) out there next season! Heard the food is very good.
    UserPostedImage
    Fan Shout
    dfosterf (10h) : Maybe
    Mucky Tundra (10h) : Yes
    Zero2Cool (11h) : No.
    Mucky Tundra (13h) : End of a Degu-era
    dhazer (14h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
    Zero2Cool (17h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
    Zero2Cool (18h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
    dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
    Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
    beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? šŸ„ŗ I think that means you missed more than half of them šŸ˜¢
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead šŸ¤Ŗ
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
    Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
    Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
    beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    5h / Around The NFL / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.