rabidgopher04
10 years ago

It's ALL a matter of personnel. Capers has been using tricks and gimmicks because he doesn't have the personnel to just line up and play; The O Line is mediocre - they played way above their heads tonight - damn shame Wallace screwed it up for them and Lacy.

It's ALL on Ted Thompson, though. I said it before, and I'll say it again, other than benefitting by all those other teams passing on Aaron Rodgers, Ted Thompson really has not done a good job of building a team.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Calm down and go have a beer. Shit happens. 6 more days until the next game.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
nerdmann
10 years ago

It's ALL a matter of personnel. Capers has been using tricks and gimmicks because he doesn't have the personnel to just line up and play; The O Line is mediocre - they played way above their heads tonight - damn shame Wallace screwed it up for them and Lacy.

It's ALL on Ted Thompson, though. I said it before, and I'll say it again, other than benefitting by all those other teams passing on Aaron Rodgers, Ted Thompson really has not done a good job of building a team.

We were playing our 5th tackle today. We've lost about a dozen starters.

What other franchise could even field a team, let alone go into this game expecting to win?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
steveishere
10 years ago

CUT SENECA WALLACE! I'd take Jamarcus Russell over him - at least he could throw.

no he couldn't and neither can Vince Young
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago
I say give Tolzien a shot. He has better size, probably even a better arm than Wallace. Wallace was just awkward back there. His height did us no good when it all came down to it.
beast
10 years ago

I find it interesting how it's always blame Capers...

The defense might of played poorly but they only gave up 24 points and that's with missing 3 of the top 4 OLBers, players not making key tackles, CBs that seem to be afraid of going head ot head with the WRs, and the Packers best defense weapon against the Bears (Cutler was injured, so no INTs) which all of that is not the coach's fault.

And Neal and some of the DL where CLEARLY gassed and tired because they offense could get them a rest (nor could Neal really sub out for a rest).

Capers has been using tricks like inside and DB blitzed to force the nickel packages hold up... the Bears were able to plug the middle and the WRs made plays when they blitzed from the outside, simple put the Bears stopped the tricks.

The only things I could see that the Defense might of been able to try (not saying they would of worked, heck these could of been worse than what they tried).

~ Keep the base defense out there for the passing downs and asked Raji and Jolly to pass rush (not sure this is a good idea, they would get even more tired).

~ Ask Datone Jones to play some OLB (personally I thought they should have been getting him some practice snaps there since both Matthews and Perry were down and if he was good (which I think he would be, then get him in the games there).

~ Go to the 4-2-5 and ask some of the DTs to play 4-3 DE to give Neal and the other a breather.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago

The defense might of played poorly but they only gave up 24 points and that's with missing 3 of the top 4 OLBers, players not making key tackles, CBs that seem to be afraid of going head ot head with the WRs, and the Packers best defense weapon against the Bears (Cutler was injured, so no INTs) which all of that is not the coach's fault.

And Neal and some of the DL where CLEARLY gassed and tired because they offense could get them a rest (nor could Neal really sub out for a rest).

Capers has been using tricks like inside and DB blitzed to force the nickel packages hold up... the Bears were able to plug the middle and the WRs made plays when they blitzed from the outside, simple put the Bears stopped the tricks.

The only things I could see that the Defense might of been able to try (not saying they would of worked, heck these could of been worse than what they tried).

~ Keep the base defense out there for the passing downs and asked Raji and Jolly to pass rush (not sure this is a good idea, they would get even more tired).

~ Ask Datone Jones to play some OLB (personally I thought they should have been getting him some practice snaps there since both Matthews and Perry were down and if he was good (which I think he would be, then get him in the games there).

~ Go to the 4-2-5 and ask some of the DTs to play 4-3 DE to give Neal and the other a breather.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I'm always defending the D, blaming everything on Mike and Aaron's stat whoring.

But the D shit themselves today, right when we needed them to step up. Disappointing.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: beast 

Any qb can gash you if you can't rush the passer. Injuries caught up to us in this game. Palmer and Mulumba are pretty good run defenders, but they can't really rush the passer that well. Neal is struggling in his full time role, hasn't looked the same in some time. We stoped the run pretty damn well early in the game, but since they kept moving the ball passing they pretty much could do anything. If we had one or both Matthews and Perry we have a good chance to win even without Rodgers. I'm not blaming it on anyone, everyone had a bad night except the special teams and Running game. But when you can't convert 3rd downs passing or can't rush the passer you're gonna lose.

I agree with Datone Jones. He's been playing better these past few weeks, they even stood him up a couple times as a spy. They should think about, (like you said) playing snaps for him at OLB.

The strength of this defense is the defensive line, and when you can push them around, you can do things against this defense.
steveishere
10 years ago
I think no matter who is playing or injured Capers is good at scheming blitz pressures but completely horrible at scheming coverages. The only time there ever isn't some wide open hole with no defender around for 20 yards is when it's straight man to man across the board and you can't really do that on every play. It's like he just has the d-line play the run and everyone else is just backyard football do whatever you want.
DoddPower
10 years ago
The hate on Ted Thompson is silly. He makes mistakes, and needs to be called on them. Fair enough. But if the Packers were healthy, they would be one of, if not THE best, team in the NFL. Even with all the injuries, they still compete. That's impressive.

It's hard to win games with multiple 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th string players playing. I think the Packers would have won this game even without Rodgers if the rest of the team was still relatively healthy. There's only so much a 53 man roster can endure, and it's officially caught up to the Packers now.
Mr_Bumpy
10 years ago
The other thing is, the defense was on the field all damn game. The offense couldn't move the ball. Do you really expect the defense to be able to play as long as the Packer defense did and maintain a high level of play?
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (1h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (4h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (5h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (15h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (22h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (23h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.