Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
play2win  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 9:21:05 AM(UTC)
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
Hope you are joking lol that makes absolutely 0 sense.

Is there a problem? You seem to go well out of your way to throw your contradictory snipe comments into just about anything I say.

???
steveishere  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 9:24:09 AM(UTC)
play2win said: Go to Quoted Post
Is there a problem? You seem to go well out of your way to throw your contradictory snipe comments into just about anything I say.

???

I'm not going out of my way to think a Bob McGinn article possibly had something to do with Rodgers being hurt is ridiculous. I don't care who wrote it, that makes 0 sense. Don't worry about me. If you think what you said does indeed make sense then defend your statement, don't get personal.
play2win  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 9:37:14 AM(UTC)
I'm not going out of my way to think a Bob McGinn article possibly had something to do with Rodgers being hurt is ridiculous. I don't care who wrote it, that makes 0 sense. Don't worry about me. If you think what you said does indeed make sense then defend your statement, don't get personal.

You made it personal bud. I'm entitled to my opinions. I merely posed the question. You don't like it? TFB. This is a forum to talk about football and the Packers. I respect that and other posters here and their questions and opinions, even when they differ from my own. You, clearly, do not.
Zero2Cool  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 9:42:38 AM(UTC)
JSOnline Blog said:
Across the NFL, quarterbacks have gone down and teams have had to turn to their backups. The Bears won with theirs in Green Bay Monday night. The Packers' next opponent, the Philadelphia Eagles, have played with three quarterbacks this season.
Yerko  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 9:43:55 AM(UTC)
I'm not superstitious at all but this is just damn creepy. He even writes in the article "if Rodgers were to go down early Monday night against the Bears."

Just a creepy coincidence. I finally read the article (why not? It came true) and I see what he is trying to say but to use this position as his centerpiece for the article was just dumb. That just goes to show that he doesn't realize how important Rodgers is to the success of this entire team.

steveishere  
#46 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 9:45:50 AM(UTC)
play2win said: Go to Quoted Post
You made it personal bud. I'm entitled to my opinions. I merely posed the question. You don't like it? TFB. This is a forum to talk about football and the Packers. I respect that and other posters here and their questions and opinions, even when they differ from my own. You, clearly, do not.

No I didn't. I don't like what you said because it doesn't make sense not because of who wrote it. You are reacting to what I said because of who wrote it (me). I DGAF who writes what on here if you make a ridiculous suggestion i'll try and get you to explain it. If you can't or won't try to explain it i'll chalk it up to talking out your ass and move on to the next thing.
Zero2Cool  
#47 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 9:48:33 AM(UTC)
Boys, get back on topic or I'll spank you both.
sschind  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 9:50:12 AM(UTC)

But if he didn't knock on wood after he printed it maybe it did have something to do with it.

play2win  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 10:32:19 AM(UTC)
My point in asking if McGinn's article and all the hoopla that ensued regarding this prior to the game had an adverse effect on Rodgers, is that he has reacted to far lesser cutting comments in the past. Bob McGinn posing the notion that the Packers would be fine without Rodgers to the national media prior to one of our biggest rivalry games of the season is something I can see sticking in the Rodgers psyche. Quite easily. I'm sure he did not take that well. Maybe it did effect him in some way. Maybe not.

I happen to think there is a mental edge to taking the field and making plays, and that distractions like that can have their effect on players. Sometimes that mental edge protects a player. He might take a fall differently. He might remember not to expose himself to injury in one way or another, depending on the player and point of contact. Lose that mental edge or become distracted, and maybe a player exposes himself to potential injury where they otherwise wouldn't.

We've all seen Aaron Rodgers take negative comments personally, and how he has handled some of those situations. The notion that he might have taken McGinn's comments personally is far from preposterous.
gbguy20  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 1:11:36 PM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
terrible article idea, i hope the writer knocked on wood.

this guy was on to something
Zero2Cool  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 8:23:39 AM(UTC)
I call BS.
Rss Feed