Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline steveishere  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 3:08:53 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

I actually think Skip said that trading Favre to the Jets was the worst move any GM has ever made in history.
Offline cheeseheads123  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 4:58:21 PM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Applause Given: 72
Applause Received: 117

Rodgers said it best. Skip is all shock value
UserPostedImage
Online texaspackerbacker  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 6:07:26 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 481
Applause Received: 292

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
They all make good sense when they are saying things you agree with. As soon as they have a contrary opinion and they become idiots and buffoons.

What gets me is how you are so certain that Vince young would have been any better than Wallace. I mean its one thing to have a strong opinion but you are acting like it was a simple as deciding between a night with Emma Watson and a sharp stick in the eye and Ted Thompson chose the stick.

And I should know, I've had a sharp stick in the eye and I have had a night with... well I have had a sharp stick in the eye. I can only imagine the other choice would be infinitely better.

You'll have to excuse me for being old, but I don't even know who Emma Watson is hahahaha.

I assume you saw the same preseason games I saw, and for sure you watched last Monday night. I rest my case.

A decent backup QB should be able to come in the game and do like Josh McCown did when Cutler went out for the Bears ....... or a helluva lot of other backup QBs before that. Vince Young's ability to run combined with the game Lacy had would have been enough to beat the Bears, and if you don't think he would have been able to throw better than Wallace, well, you're beyond help.

BTW, my wife is 28, and she doesn't know who Emma Watson is either.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline steveishere  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 6:39:27 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Vince Young has a lower career passer rating than Seneca Wallace. They both last saw action in 2011 and Vince Young played a bit worse than Wallace that year and was on a more talented team.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/6/2013(UTC)
Online texaspackerbacker  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 6:47:34 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 481
Applause Received: 292

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Vince Young has a lower career passer rating than Seneca Wallace. They both last saw action in 2011 and Vince Young played a bit worse than Wallace that year and was on a more talented team.

Vince Young is something like 31-13 as a starter (compared to 6-15 for Wallace), and the Titans weren't exactly a shining example of a good team.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline steveishere  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 6:57:38 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Vince Young is something like 31-13 as a starter (compared to 6-15 for Wallace), and the Titans weren't exactly a shining example of a good team.

He won 17 games over his first 2 years playing a lot like Seneca did for us vs Chicago. The Titans couldn't have been all bad. Plus whatever happened 7 years ago doesn't change the fact that he's been such garbage lately that not a single NFL team even wants him as a 3rd stringer.
Offline DakotaT  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:14:49 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 665
Applause Received: 1,369

Vince Young is an athlete with limited intelligence. The reason he hasn't made it in the NFL is not a physical thing, it is that he cannot learn a complicated offense.

Now, Seneca Wallace has spent most of his career in a WCO - but he is obviously out of his league right now and should be retired. Uncle Ted has now been caught with his pants down. We have been playing Russian roulette by not having a decent backup, and it is now biting us in the ass.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/6/2013(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:15:35 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

The only real gripe I have with Wallace is his height. 5'11. Other than that, lets give him time with the starters before we write him off completely.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline mi_keys  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:31:46 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 224
Applause Received: 359

Yeah, let's trot out a QB's record as a reason for why they should/should not be the QB, because, you know, there aren't 52 other players on the team. Tim Tebow has a winning record. But please, wins and losses are all on the quarterbacks. Utterly spastic.

I think there is an honest debate between who would have done better for us between Young and Wallace. That's a knock on both. There's a reason why Young doesn't have a job in the NFL despite all the quarterbacks that have dropped like flies this year. A 97 year old Brett Favre got a call before Vince Young.

I'm not even going to dignify Coleman or Harrell.

I'm willing to give Wallace a chance to be a stopgap this week, in part because there is a difference between being thrown in on a surprise injury versus preparing for the week (for everyone that clamored for Flynn to come back on this site or otherwise, no one seems to recall his abysmal performance in Detroit when Rodgers got concussed), and in part because there aren't a ton of viable options out there. Lots of teams don't have a starting quarterback, let alone a backup.

Yes that performance was disappointing. Yes we should be looking at all our options. No, we shouldn't hit the panic button and completely write off Wallace. It's Canadian football for him: he's fucked up first down, and now he gets second down or he has to punt (incidentally, probably to the CFL).

The backup this week needs to prepare himself as if he will be the starter. We need to have that contingency plan this week. It will be interesting to see how things go.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline go.pack.go.  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:32:35 PM(UTC)
go.pack.go.

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 44

I stopped reading when I saw you refer to Skip Bayless' opinion being a good idea. He's the biggest idiot known to man when it comes to anything sports.
Signature made by me
UserPostedImage
SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS!!!!
thanks Post received 4 applause.
Zero2Cool on 11/6/2013(UTC), hardrocker950 on 11/6/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 11/7/2013(UTC), gbguy20 on 11/7/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed