Yerko
10 years ago

You'll have to excuse me for being old, but I don't even know who Emma Watson is hahahaha.

I assume you saw the same preseason games I saw, and for sure you watched last Monday night. I rest my case.

A decent backup QB should be able to come in the game and do like Josh McCown did when Cutler went out for the Bears ....... or a helluva lot of other backup QBs before that. Vince Young's ability to run combined with the game Lacy had would have been enough to beat the Bears, and if you don't think he would have been able to throw better than Wallace, well, you're beyond help.

BTW, my wife is 28, and she doesn't know who Emma Watson is either.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

May as well throw this in here since this is about Seneca. I was blown away after listening to the Tuesdays with Aaron yesterday when he said that Seneca maybe gets 4 snaps ALL WEEK with the starters. Mainly shocked because I really don't think Rodgers would need that much practice during the week anyways...then again with having new receivers/tight ends, I guess that changes slightly.

Regardless, Wallace took 4 snaps with the starters all week and then is thrown to the wolves against a rival. I'm not making excuses for the guy because I honestly think the Packers have shot themselves in the foot with this back-up situation but to only have 4 overall snaps with the starters in one week isn't going to set you up for much success come game time.

This is something Bayless wouldn't understand as he continues to stand on his tiny soapbox. To bring in someone like Vince Young would put us right back to where we were on Monday vs the Bears. Guaranteed that brain of VY's has already forgot about the Packers playbook.

UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
Vince Young's BRAIN a problem? Didn't they say that about, oh let's see, Terry Bradshaw? Phil Simms? and oh yeah, some guy named Favre?

This is the height of uninformed speculation. If somebody wanted to bring up his past psychological problems or whatever, fine, that was documented, I guess, although it is about equally speculative saying it might recur. But calling the guy stupid? Come on!

This is all irrelevant because apparently Vince Young isn't even being remotely considered. The discussion SHOULD be at this point, do the Packers just write off the Eagles game by using Wallace? Or do they get Tolzien in there and at least have some chance?
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Pack93z
10 years ago
Vince Young is a run first pass second type player.. just like Wallace. How does that improve our chances? Young was the guy that didn't fit the offense in the preseason?

Will Wallace? Don't know.. but I certainly know this, the Packers will tailor the game plan this week for Wallace behind center.. bootleg and getting him to the edge of the defense more often. The one large limitation with Wallace.. I don't think he will scare the defense over the top.. so they are going to have to call a game much the same as last week with intermediate throws and probably a number of dig or drag routes trying to get the receivers some angles to get some YAC.

Personally.. I wish Coleman with that big arm developed and had enough time in the system to have more of the playbook available. But Young got here late this camp.. and quite honestly wouldn't be much more comfortable than Wallace at this point. Not sure about Flynn.. but if I had to guess, his is confidence has to broken to a point where he is not viable. Either that or he seriously burnt some bridges in Green Bay on the way out.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
mi_keys
10 years ago

I do think it's good, but I just thought it was funny we have a thread dedicated to something you singled out as no one considering. 🙂

I'm starting Seneca Wallace on my fantasy team in place of Aaron Rodgers.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Learn to read, mate. I said "for everyone clamoring..." which implies there are those that don't fit in this bucket. I didn't say "everyone is clamoring..."
Born and bred a cheesehead
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Learn to read, mate. I said "for everyone clamoring..." which implies there are those that don't fit in this bucket. I didn't say "everyone is clamoring..."

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

If I had known me linking that thread would throw you into making unnecessary rude comments, I'd have kept it to myself. My apologies.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
10 years ago
I worry more about him seeing the passing lanes through with taller defensive players in his face. The protection on the edges just got that much more important. The defense needs to do a much better job at making the plays that are there as well. Packers.com showed some great cases where they were inches close to making a big play but just didn't get it done.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
nerdmann
10 years ago

I worry more about him seeing the passing lanes through with taller defensive players in his face. The protection on the edges just got that much more important. The defense needs to do a much better job at making the plays that are there as well. Packers.com showed some great cases where they were inches close to making a big play but just didn't get it done.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

I think they're gonna roll him out and move the pocket for him a little bit. Mike will have some wrinkles.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
sschind
10 years ago

Bayliss is a tool's tool. I wouldn't waste my time ready his crap.

Uncle Teddy did gamble at the QB position and has done so for years. Trouble is you can "win" with the gamble for years but when you are wrong the team is screwed up big time.

you can not have one backup in OTAs, drop him and pick up another in TC. Cut him and pick up still another once the season has begun and expect the QB to do anything. Right or wrong stick him one guy and team him the system.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I hear you and for the most part I agree but the thing is you (maybe not you specifically but so many people TBP for instance) are saying that Wallace was a bad gamble after one poor showing in a game for which he had very little to no preparation. We have no way of knowing right now if this team is screwed or not. We may be and after this Sunday we will have a better idea but for now, no matter what some people would have you believe, we simply don't have enough information to reliably say one way or the other. We all have our opinions but you know what they say about opinions.

mi_keys
10 years ago

If I had known me linking that thread would throw you into making unnecessary rude comments, I'd have kept it to myself. My apologies.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Lol, okay. Bit rich considering you used the asshole and flip the bird emoticons but I find it entertaining.
Born and bred a cheesehead
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

I hear you and for the most part I agree but the thing is you (maybe not you specifically but so many people TBP for instance) are saying that Wallace was a bad gamble after one poor showing in a game for which he had very little to no preparation. We have no way of knowing right now if this team is screwed or not. We may be and after this Sunday we will have a better idea but for now, no matter what some people would have you believe, we simply don't have enough information to reliably say one way or the other. We all have our opinions but you know what they say about opinions.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I am not basing my opinion on 1 game.
Actually we do have enough data on Seneca to make an informed decision. he has been on 5 other teams. There are some poor GMs and HCs out there but what are the odds that all of them are wrong? Its slim.
I can wait around for 3-4 weeks and say Wallace stinks or I can say what I think right now before all the "proof" is in. I would like to be wrong. I will be at the game Sunday with my son. I am not saying Gb won't win any games while Aaron is out. I am saying Wallace is not a quality starting QB at this stage of his career and if GB wins it will be because other players win it or because Philly loses it.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (14h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (17h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (19h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Around The NFL / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.