Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
8 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:03:40 AM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Received: 97

LombardiAve wrote:
The Green Bay Packers defense has struggled the last few weeks — that's putting it lightly — even though they have the talent to be a lot better. The Packers' defense started out strong during the first half of the season, but tackling issues have been one of the biggest issues for the team the
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:30:03 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,146
Applause Received: 1,516

I can live with handing Capers his release. I don't see it coming until after the season. His time was up a cou[le of years ago.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Online Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:34:12 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,223

Joe Whitt, Jr promoted to DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR!!!
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:37:05 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 378
Applause Received: 483

I can live with Capers being handed his walking papers. It seems like over the past 2-3 years when this team REALLY needed a defensive stop/big play/something created from nothing from the booth it hasn't happened.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:54:34 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

To me, this seems a bit premature. We are currently 21st in run D, 12th in pass D, and 12th in scoring D. That is through a lot of adversity due to injury.

If Mike McCarthy can simply close the deal on some of these teams by pounding the football, we might be able to steal a few wins with Rodgers on the mend. McCarthy has to stop treating 2nd and 3rd string QBs like he does his NFL MVP. Run the damn football and score some points. You have THREE 100 yd/game rushers on your roster!

Last week Wallace threw the game away, this week Tolzien threw it away. FAR more passing than there should have been, opening us up to disaster, and two losses.

McCarthy is demoralizing his own team with all of these impossible pass plays. I mean, c'mon. Your 2nd and 3rd stringers are not going to complete 70% of those like he is mistakenly imagining.

Out goes the defense again, heads down….

Trust me, I am not liking what I am seeing on D, but I am not liking what I am seeing on O more.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 7:36:09 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Is another coach going to keep our DBs from losing the WR or a ball bouncing up into the WR hands? Sorry but the defense played pretty well. Three TDs on long plays, one being a fluke. Three plays accounting for 130 of 228 passing yards. We still need a FS to replace Collins.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 7:41:34 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post

We still need a FS to replace Collins.

That's the biggie right there PackFanWithTwins! A need that we had going into this season, as well as last season. Maybe, maybe, Sean Richardson gets a look now that he is cleared to play. I'm not going to hold my breath, but, it is possible the kid could do something positive back there.

This is one of the reasons why I wanted Ted to bring in a veteran S in FA or via trade.

I agree with you too, that we just witnessed two consecutive weeks of fluke plays that killed us. Both McCown and Foles were throwing up prayers that became receptions and scores.
Offline cheeseheads123  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 8:03:45 AM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Applause Given: 72
Applause Received: 117

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
To me, this seems a bit premature. We are currently 21st in run D, 12th in pass D, and 12th in scoring D. That is through a lot of adversity due to injury.

If Mike McCarthy can simply close the deal on some of these teams by pounding the football, we might be able to steal a few wins with Rodgers on the mend. McCarthy has to stop treating 2nd and 3rd string QBs like he does his NFL MVP. Run the damn football and score some points. You have THREE 100 yd/game rushers on your roster!

Last week Wallace threw the game away, this week Tolzien threw it away. FAR more passing than there should have been, opening us up to disaster, and two losses.

McCarthy is demoralizing his own team with all of these impossible pass plays. I mean, c'mon. Your 2nd and 3rd stringers are not going to complete 70% of those like he is mistakenly imagining.

Out goes the defense again, heads down….

Trust me, I am not liking what I am seeing on D, but I am not liking what I am seeing on O more.

Running the ball was not working this week especially when the Packers fell behind.
UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 8:06:43 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 Go to Quoted Post
Running the ball was not working this week especially when the Packers fell behind.

I think not being able to run, had more to do with having Lang a C, Taylor at G and Newhouse at T.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#10 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 8:12:37 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, but 3rd and 3 from the 5? Give the RB the ROCK!

3rd and 1 from the 24? Give the RB the ROCK!

3rd and 2 from the 17? Give the RB the ROCK!

1st and goal from the 9? You don't pass 3 times!!!

McCarthy laid a lot of pressure on his 3rd string QB calling THOSE plays. Jonathan Franklin rushed for over 100 yds against CIN, and has not really seen the field since on O. I do not get that.

Lacy has the most success running the ball to the left side of our OL. That was still in tact if I'm not mistaken. Why not keep running? Eventually they bust for a big gain.

44 pass attempts? Really?
Rss Feed