steveishere
10 years ago

ok .Tolzien was not great, bad choice of word. But at the same time most of you are putting the blame on a qb who just came off the practice squad 2 weeks ago.

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

He may have a decent excuse for why he made them but he still deserves the blame for his mistakes. Nobody is saying to cut him or anything.
DarkaneRules
10 years ago
I expected more from him and our offense yet the red zone has been a thorn in our side all year. The teams we are playing are all trending up now, and what are we doing?
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago
The "TEAM" lost, why is it so hard for some to accept that football is the "ultimate team sport"?

Putting blame on just this guy or that guy, is just crazy.

The defense could have played better, the offense could have played better, the coach could have called a better game.

The Packers are no worse off in the division after yesterdays loss.

The wild card is now looking very improbable, but The Division is still theirs for the taking.

I'm hoping Tolzien gets the start next week, he will be in Lambeau with the home crowd, he will have had another weeks work with the starters.

The guy seems to have a level head, I don't think a couple of bad passes in one game is going to send him spiralling down into T. J. Rubley land.

There is no guarantee Aaron will be back for The Detroit game, would rather have Tolzien starting there with a few weeks of work, than have to make another QB switch in the middle of the week.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago
I don't think Tolzein played badly. He had one terrible play where he got his arm hit once while trying to throw, tried to recover and let the ball fly in panic resulting in the 3rd TD. But the game was already lost at that point. Even if he had just thrown the ball away, they are 14pts down with @2min remaining. The game was over on JPP freak INT/TD.

His first INT was not an overly bad either. He threw the ball to flat. Had he put a little more air on it, chances are they have a nice gain over the middle. That was another nice play by a defender.

And remember when Flynn had his starts, he has a mostly healthy offense around him. He had Jennings, Jones, Driver, Nelson, Finley(1of2). Tolzein is playing without one starting WR in Cobb and without Finely.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
DarkaneRules
10 years ago
Agreed. This is why I have definitely tempered my expectations. Tolzein speaks with a very level-headed and authoritative tone. It is commendable, but it also probably had me a little too high for this game so my low was lower than it should have been. When it was all over, I shook the hands of Giants fans for a good game and hope another week of practice will give us the edge next week.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
play2win
10 years ago
Nothing against Tolzien, but if we want to start winning games, we might want to start Flynn. If Flynn can get us a Win v MIN, then he would be prime for a return against DET - a team he crushed.

I would try Flynn this week. Tolzien just seems a bit prone to making some big mistakes. He simply hasn't been in the system long enough. Flynn knows it inside and out. I think Flynn gives us the best chance to win.
warhawk
10 years ago
Tolzein will start.
They have invested this much time an faith in him and you would expect him to get better with every start. IMO it would be a monumental risk to go with Flynn now. It would be different if he had some PT under his belt at least somewhere.

I don't like second guessing signal calling but McCarthy could have helped him out by throwing the ball more when it was obvious that was working much better then running it.
I have no doubt Rodgers would have thrown the ball many more times the way this game played out so the question is why not help this kid out rather than making it harder on him to move the ball?

I also think they should have gone down field more often. He was not only hitting on those the passes were nearly always thrown where only the receiver had a chance to make the catch. In other words I never saw an under thrown deep ball. In fact most of these took a very good catch on the part of the receiver.

"The train is leaving the station."
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
Ever notice that McCarthy rarely takes what the defense will give him? Seems kind of stubborn as if to say "No, this is what we game planned, this is the course we're taking!!"

8 or 9 in the box ... you have to see that and check out of the run play.

I'd rather win by adapting than lose by being pigheaded doing it "my" way.
UserPostedImage
sschind
10 years ago

Nothing against Tolzien, but if we want to start winning games, we might want to start Flynn. If Flynn can get us a Win v MIN, then he would be prime for a return against DET - a team he crushed.

I would try Flynn this week. Tolzien just seems a bit prone to making some big mistakes. He simply hasn't been in the system long enough. Flynn knows it inside and out. I think Flynn gives us the best chance to win.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Flynn did crush the Lions but if you recall Stafford crushed our defense as well. Given the way things have been lately which do you think would be the more likely repeat.

As far as I am concerned its a horse apiece as for who gets the start. Tolzien didn't look horrible and he has been working with the #1s for longer so I would give him the nod but if Flynn looks really good in practice I'd be fine with starting him as well. The problem is Mike McCarthy has to pick one guy now and give him all the work. He can't afford to see which one practices better with the starters.
sschind
10 years ago

Ever notice that McCarthy rarely takes what the defense will give him? Seems kind of stubborn as if to say "No, this is what we game planned, this is the course we're taking!!"

8 or 9 in the box ... you have to see that and check out of the run play.

I'd rather win by adapting than lose by being pigheaded doing it "my" way.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

McCarthy always seems to have a difficult time adjusting. We don't see it as much because when you are winning most of the time the idea is what is there to adjust? But when the other teams do adjust it comes back to bite us. Next to his clock management this is my biggest knock on him. Actually this may be bigger.

I'm not sure if it is that he can't adjust or he won't but I do think he is too good of a coach to say he can't. That means pigheaded and stubborn are two very good words to use to describe MM.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.