Zero2Cool
10 years ago
I'm still putting my money on Aaron Rodgers.

Keep in mind the whole McCarthy comment about "if Aaron tells me Saturday he can play" ...

And making this declaration before talking to medical staff about Rodgers??? I bet that is gonna get Aaron pushing even harder to get on the field lol
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
10 years ago
Drama. Fun stuff. In all this worrying about scheme, coaches, players and assigning blame, when we win again, which will be this week, it will hopefully seem like it was all just a bad dream.

Just remember in 2010 we lost our QB for a while too (just not obviously as long or serious) and it took a wild last second play from the Eagles to have us in the position to play to make the playoffs against the Bears that year.

Let's hope for the best and leave the worrying for the coaching staff.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
play2win
10 years ago

Drama. Fun stuff. In all this worrying about scheme, coaches, players and assigning blame, when we win again, which will be this week, it will hopefully seem like it was all just a bad dream.

Just remember in 2010 we lost our QB for a while too (just not obviously as long or serious) and it took a wild last second play from the Eagles to have us in the position to play to make the playoffs against the Bears that year.

Let's hope for the best and leave the worrying for the coaching staff.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

I'll never forget after that 2010 loss to DET, my wife and I looking at each other, and saying, "they're done!"

We made a magical run then. Here's to another!
Cheesey
10 years ago
To bad there are not enough games left to
make a push if we have even one more
loss.
I would think it will take a minimum of10
wins to possibly make the playoffs.
UserPostedImage
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago
I think we need to win the rest of our games to make the playoffs. And it may come down to having to win the division. It's gonna be hard to beat out the Niners/Panthers for a playoff spot. In which the Niners have the tie breaker over us. Not to mention the Bears/Lions are in contention for a wildcard as well. Should be interesting how this will all play out in the end. I hope we can get a spark going next week even though it's against the Vikings. We need Rodgers at the Lions in Detroit.
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

To bad there are not enough games left to make a push if we have even one more loss. I would think it will take a minimum of 10 wins to possibly make the playoffs.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Say Bears beat Rams and Lions beat Buccaneers and the Packers lose to the Lions.

Lions 7 - 4
Bears 7 - 4
Packers 5 - 6

Two games behind with five to go = season over??
UserPostedImage
sschind
10 years ago

Say Bears beat Rams and Lions beat Buccaneers and the Packers lose to the Lions.

Lions 7 - 4
Bears 7 - 4
Packers 5 - 6

Two games behind with five to go = season over??

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'm not sure if people are thinking the Bears and Lions schedules are so easy that they won't lose more than two or that the Bears and Lions are so good that they won't lose more than two but the reality is more likely the Packers aren't good enough to win more than 3 (not my feelings)

After this week the Bears schedule isn't easy by any means (and them beating the Rams this week won't be easy either). They play the vikings, cowboys, Browns, Eagles and Packers. Assuming we beat them the last week another loss or two is not out of the question. Besides the vikings the teams they play are not bad and we have the head to head tie breaker.

The Lions schedule is a bit easier (only because I think the Browns are better than the Ravens and the Rams are better than the Bucs) ) but still no cake walk. After the Bucs they have us, the Eagles, Ravens, Giants and vikings. Again assuming we beat them a loss to the Giants, Ravens or Eagles is not out of the question. If we beat the Lions we will have the HtH tiebreaker against them as well.

So your point about being 2 games behind them both after this week (I don't think it will happen) not being the end of the world is well taken. A loss to the vikings would be worst in that we have a divisional loss but if we beat the Lions and Bears that won't matter and if the viking can win out after this week, as much as I would hate it for them winning I wouldn't be too upset about it.
play2win
10 years ago
Great post sschind. That is indeed encouraging, at least from that perspective. Well done.
nerdmann
10 years ago

I'm not sure if people are thinking the Bears and Lions schedules are so easy that they won't lose more than two or that the Bears and Lions are so good that they won't lose more than two but the reality is more likely the Packers aren't good enough to win more than 3 (not my feelings)

After this week the Bears schedule isn't easy by any means (and them beating the Rams this week won't be easy either). They play the vikings, cowboys, Browns, Eagles and Packers. Assuming we beat them the last week another loss or two is not out of the question. Besides the vikings the teams they play are not bad and we have the head to head tie breaker.

The Lions schedule is a bit easier (only because I think the Browns are better than the Ravens and the Rams are better than the Bucs) ) but still no cake walk. After the Bucs they have us, the Eagles, Ravens, Giants and vikings. Again assuming we beat them a loss to the Giants, Ravens or Eagles is not out of the question. If we beat the Lions we will have the HtH tiebreaker against them as well.

So your point about being 2 games behind them both after this week (I don't think it will happen) not being the end of the world is well taken. A loss to the vikings would be worst in that we have a divisional loss but if we beat the Lions and Bears that won't matter and if the viking can win out after this week, as much as I would hate it for them winning I wouldn't be too upset about it.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

The Lions always shit themselves late in the season. It also looks like Cutler is taking his annual squat on the faces of Bears faithful.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
10 years ago
It wouldn't surprise me if the Bucs stole a win this weekend
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (3h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (13h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (20h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (21h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (21h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.