play2win
10 years ago

It doesn't help the preparation when Shields is a last minute scratch and he was to take on Cruz. Hyde's speed vs. Shields is no contest.
They have guys beat up that don't even practice all week and then this? The "next man up" thing is fine and all but when it goes as deep as we have had to go it makes it very tough. This ended up being a matchup we didn't need in a game needed very badly and NY took advantage of what they had.

Originally Posted by: warhawk 

True. The Giants took advantage of Shields being out. But, I was speaking more to the 3 losses in a row, and the 5 losses on the season. All of them could have been avoided. All of them winnable games. We just didn't give our best efforts, both players and coaches.

When coaches fail, there is a much larger problem. 12 men on the field, TWICE? wow. Our OL didn't show up to run block, and our DL didn't show up to stop the run.

This was an opportunity for Dom Capers to pick up the slack. Finally, after suffering two losses in a row. I don't care if Sam Shields is out, they have to account for Cruz no matter what. That did not happen. We had 4 sacks and 8 tackles for loss, and still couldn't measure up. Goal-line defense was a sieve on the 4th and 1 play. We give up 5…

Now, the defense did do some things well. Williams had a great pick. Jones made some plays, and led our team in tackles with 11. Having said that, we still saw some plays that he missed on with shoddy tackling, along with players like Burnett, Hawk and Matthews blowing assignments in coverage. Our scheme defensively was not looking like it was going to win the day. Not at all.

Being a team game, the blame can't lie soley with Capers. Our run blocking was atrocious. What the hell was that? Our coverage on STs completely stunk, with 67 yds on 3 returns, the killer being that single punt return for 34.

Add to that, three giant nails in the coffin with the 3 picks. At no time in this 3 game stretch did we look like we were ready to win a game, like we had an attitude that we WOULD win. Biggest disappointment to me was our piss poor run blocking. I know they stacked 8 in the box, but it was just 8. It wasn't 9, and our intentions always looked predictable, run or pass. Mike McCarthy did not game plan this well. Neither did Dom Capers. Neither did Shawn Slocum. Calling a fake on 4th and 7? A desperate move. And that is how GB looked, all three weeks. Players not in the right position, lining up wrong, coverage lapses, etc. It goes on and on.

And, you're right, we have guys beat up, injured, who don't practice all week, and this is what we see. What happened to addressing player availability, and the overall health of the team? What happened with that? This is the 4th year in a row with injuries being a major problem on our team.

I have a hamstring injury just having to watch this shit.
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

5 losses, and each game could have been won by the Packers.

This is some very uninspired play and coaching we are seeing from most on the Packers football team. I'm shocked at the unnecessary penalties. 12 men on the field, illegal formations, personal fouls, etc. We've seen them all through these 5 losses. That is poor preparation.

Granted, we've suffered an inordinate number of key injuries, but other teams have had to deal with those as well. I'm not sure why, after the last two or three years of high injury totals, and this past offseason supposedly being dedicated to eliminating those and having an emphasis on player availability, we still find ourselves in this same position. WTF???

Again, poor preparation.

The one player who showed up, displaying incredible professionalism in a hostile NY environment, Tramon Williams, gets little respect from many fans. I hope he keeps it up, and that others will follow his example. I guess I would add Jordy Nelson to Williams, as another player who really has shown up with the goods. That's pretty much it.

We are going to need to essentially win out, and we will need a lot of luck, professionalism, and focus to accomplish this. We are not that far away, because we should have been able to win all of the games we lost. Yet, somehow we are. This team is not looking prepared, focused, nor ready to take on the challenges ahead to win. Far too many players making major mistakes.

EVERYONE on this Packers team has got to turn this around if we are to win the division. Players and coaches alike.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Surprised no one is giving Matthews credit, I thought he played a hell of a game.
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
I clicked "2" for page 2 of this thread, and it went back to the home page of "Let's Talk ...... " - very strange.

I remember when Rodgers was hurt, and at least one article said he would miss 3 games - including the Vikings - after the Bears game where it happened. I was thinking and calculating then that we actually could lose those 3 games and still have a chance. Then Tolzien came in at QB, and suddenly the games seemed winnable. For sure, the Vikings game still is, but even if we lose, we aren't out of it.

Yeah, we likely would be 2 games behind the Lions and Bears, but that decreases to one game if Rodgers is back and we beat both. We would clearly have the tiebreaker over the Lions, and almost certainly have a better division record that the Bears - the second tiebreaker, I think. I would bet money after looking ahead at the schedules that the Lions and Bears will at least lose one more in addition to their Packers games.

So hell yeah we have a chance even if we lose to the Vikings, and a strong chance if beat them. The must win game is thanksgiving against the Lions, and I think we see Aaron Rodgers for that one. Actually, even that game could be lost if we beat the Vikings, we just can't lose both.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
gbguy20
10 years ago

I clicked "2" for page 2 of this thread, and it went back to the home page of "Let's Talk ...... " - very strange.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

same.
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
If the Packers win out, the division is theirs, even if Bears win and Lions with their other games.

The Packers control their own destiny!

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Fixed.

UserPostedImage
play2win
10 years ago

If the Packers win out, the division is theirs, even if Bears win and Lions with their other games.

The Packers control their own destiny!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I freaking LOVE IT!!!!! Unbelievable. Also, I believe both the Lions and Bears played their most beatable opponents yesterday in the Bucs and Rams. I do see them both taking on at least one more loss each the rest of the way, maybe two, or more:

Bears:
@MIN
DAL
@CLE
@PHI
GB

Lions:
GB
@PHI
BAL
NYG
@MIN
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
The What If department ...

Packers reward for winning third seed in the NFC playoffs—if that’s where the Packers end up —would be one of the most rugged roads to the Super Bowl ever.

Consider this possible slate: a Wild Card home game against San Francisco, a divisional game at New Orleans, a championship game at Seattle. Who survives that?

UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
REVENGE against the Niners - finally getting it right against Kaepernick who inexplicably doesn't seem as good this year;

A shoot out in New Orleans - been there done that and came out ahead, why not again?;

Super Revenge against Seattle - I seem to detect a slight downtrend this season for them, and I think we beat them;

All of this is contingent on getting Aaron Rodgers back and not getting him re-injured, though.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
nerdmann
10 years ago

The What If department ...

Packers reward for winning third seed in the NFC playoffs—if that’s where the Packers end up —would be one of the most rugged roads to the Super Bowl ever.

Consider this possible slate: a Wild Card home game against San Francisco, a divisional game at New Orleans, a championship game at Seattle. Who survives that?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

We're starting to get guys back. We got Clay, then we got Neal, Perry and Jolly. Hopefully Cobb will be back by January, if we stop shitting ourselves.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
Packers could actually win the division with 8 - 7 - 1 record lol ... wow
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (11h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.