Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

We don't have the talent to match up with the Lions right now, so we better have the heart, and a little luck wouldn't hurt.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

They don't really have much better talent than us. Frankly everyone in the NFC North has been playing like shit. 4 weeks ago you could of fooled me, we had the best roster in our division. Now we don't even know If there is a talented team in this division. After Rodgers went down it emotionally plagued our team basicly.

We handled the Lions pretty well on offense last time we met. Suh and Fairly didn't get to us at all. If we get Barclay back I bet we can repeat our success. We just need to figure out how to stop Johnson. Bush of course too.

It comes down to not having won a game in 4 weeks, I expect angry play out of our players. If we don't play angry I don't know what else to say about our team.
DarkaneRules
10 years ago
I don't expect a win, but I hope for one immensely as many of us do although some fans want a choke job. Not happening. Coaches will not let that happen. We shall see.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
steveishere
10 years ago

Urgency, we need to win this game no mater what. If we don't win this game we aren't making the playoffs.

Defense better damn well wake up for this one.

I'll give them a little leeway because of so many 3 and outs today by our offense which kept them on the field. But those missed tackles are just killing us. We're better than this.

Forget our record, forget everything that has happened before this game. This will make or break our season.

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon 

4 three and outs in 5 quarters of football just doesn't seem like it should be that horrible of a thing to deal with. Considering the offense they were facing isn't anything special it's just not a good excuse.
beast
10 years ago

Enough with the "oh they are tired" excuses. Every freaking week they seemingly are too tired to play at a decent level according to people making excuses for them. I'm not buying it. It's not like time of possession was 3 to 1 or something ridiculous. Most teams don't make 10 minute drives all game long and I'm not convinced our defense has been on the field for significantly longer periods of time than anyone else. They made one of the worst starting QBs in the league look respectable all day. Then when OT started our offense went on a 10 play 5 minute drive and the d proceeded to get their asses run over when a stop would have won the game while AP was watching on the sideline but apparently they were still too tired from the 5 or 6 minutes they had to be on the field during the 4th quarter. That's just kind of pathetic.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

My main point was people are complaining about the defense while giving the offense a free pass for looking just as bad if not worse.

The defense has looked pathetic at times... JUST LIKE THE OFFENSE!!!!

Yet the defense is getting bashed over the head, getting their coaches being question and people saying Capers should lose his job.

The offense has just looked just as bad, and Mike McCarthy choices CLEARLY cost the Packers the win... all he had to do was tell Crosby to kick the extra point, and the Packers would of had another point and the win.

That of put Flynn in sooner than he did. Mike McCarthy is such a great QB coach, he can't tell what QB is best?

Yet people are calling for Capers job? ... Capers' defense has looked bad. Mike McCarthy offense has looked worse.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
10 years ago

My main point was people are complaining about the defense while giving the offense a free pass for looking just as bad if not worse.

The defense has looked pathetic at times... JUST LIKE THE OFFENSE!!!!

Yet the defense is getting bashed over the head, getting their coaches being question and people saying Capers should lose his job.

The offense has just looked just as bad, and Mike McCarthy choices CLEARLY cost the Packers the win... all he had to do was tell Crosby to kick the extra point, and the Packers would of had another point and the win.

That of put Flynn in sooner than he did. Mike McCarthy is such a great QB coach, he can't tell what QB is best?

Yet people are calling for Capers job? ... Capers' defense has looked bad. Mike McCarthy offense has looked worse.

Originally Posted by: beast 

What does it take to lose your job in GB as a coach? Should Campen still be here? 2010 is getting further away. 2 Hall of Fame quarterbacks in 30 years and only 2 Super Bowls (I'm looking into the future here)? That's not getting it done at all. I absolutely hate Sherman for squandering the loaded team he had.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
10 years ago
Capers defenses have been bad pretty much all but 1 year he's been here and historically bad in the playoff games. That's why people are calling for his job. It has nothing to do with 1 single regular season game.
10 years ago
The offense still had two great opportunities to end the game
UserPostedImage
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

The offense still had two great opportunities to end the game

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 

That first possession was just so disappointing. It felt like we were gonna win the game on that drive. Big catches by Nelson, Jones and Boykin, all to get held up on the goal line.
beast
10 years ago

Capers defenses have been bad pretty much all but 1 year he's been here and historically bad in the playoff games. That's why people are calling for his job. It has nothing to do with 1 single regular season game.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Now that argument makes more sense but it's not the one most seem to be using.

BUT there have been games this season where the defense has looked great and still been getting a lot of blame. Like the Begnals game... and where the offense and special teams almost gave up as many points as the defense gave up yet the only people that were blamed there defense, the fumblers. Offense didn't get blamed as a whole.

My problems is at times the defense has played very well and getting no credit for it.

This is an offensive league, offense are going to put up 25 or so points.

Defense rightfully got blamed in the game against the 49ers. But after that they did pretty well until the first Vikings game, yet the defense got the blame for the Bengal loss (where they gave up two long drives but, and got 4 turnovers but the offense gave the turn overs right back). And Offense got credit for the wins.

The defense won the Lions, Ravens and Browns games.

Then Packers defense got blamed for all the loses when Rodgers was out even though it was the offense who couldn't score and Mike McCarthy who couldn't figure out what Qb was best.

I'm just saying they should share blame for the games this season, and they're not according to who the fans attack.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
10 years ago
I don't remember that much negativity towards the D over the Bengals loss. Especially not like you are making it out. Looking back at the threads from that time frame I see more stuff towards Ross/McCarthy/Rodgers 4th q comebacks etc.. than towards the defense.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (11h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.