Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages<12

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dhazer  
#21 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 8:06:26 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
Bulaga's fine. He's very good. Then you got Sitton and Lang, both playing VERY well this year. EDS to me is a good backup. He's playing "adequately."

How many teams could be down to their 5th tackle and still be in the race? Please.

How many teams are this soft that they are injured all the time?

dhazer  
#22 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 8:08:01 PM(UTC)
dhazer said: Go to Quoted Post
How many teams are this soft that they are injured all the time?

I think I figured it out Favre after he was forced out of Green Bay by Ted Thompson went to a witch Doctor down their in the bayou and had a spell put on the Packers :)

User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#23 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 8:15:12 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
Bulaga's fine. He's very good. Then you got Sitton and Lang, both playing VERY well this year. EDS to me is a good backup. He's playing "adequately."

How many teams could be down to their 5th tackle and still be in the race? Please.

You didn't address the shoddy way Bulaga played last year. As for the guards and center, I ask, what happened literally every time we lined up and tried to run without deception - even with extra blockers - the inverted wishbone, etc. As good as Lacy is, he got nowhere. That's on the O-Line, and that's on TT. And even worse, pass blocking - it's almost a crime to have a QB like Rodgers and protect him so poorly. Yeah, he throws on the run like nobody else, but he shouldn't have to all the time.

steveishere  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:30:25 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker said: Go to Quoted Post
hahaha you can only throw to one receiver at a time. I can only dream how good Aaron Rodgers would be if we had one of those big three (make it four - the other Johnson is pretty damn good too - make it five, as Dez Bryant is outstanding also - make that six - I almost forgot A.J. Green). I'd put Jordy Nelson as a solid seventh behind that top six.

Any WR usually only gets 5-10 passes a game. With QBs throwing 30-40 passes that makes 20-30 passes going to another WR. So yeah you can only throw to 1 at a time but even Calvin Johnson only accounts for 30ish % of his teams passing. The rest is on those other guys that you seem to be completely discounting.
steveishere  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:39:25 AM(UTC)
Bulaga had 1 real bad game last year (Throw in SF and IND and call it 3 total). In the 8 games he played in besides SEA he gave up 2 sacks. He wasn't as bad on the season as some people say. He's significantly better than Barclay at RT and probably better than Bakhtiari at LT. If anything he would probably have made our running ability even better. Losing him was a big loss don't downplay it so much.

Also, with Bulaga starting if the other T gets hurt then right now either Bakhtiari or Barclay is playing instead of Newhouse and I don't have to tell you how big of a difference that is.
nerdmann  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:41:54 AM(UTC)
You didn't address the shoddy way Bulaga played last year. As for the guards and center, I ask, what happened literally every time we lined up and tried to run without deception - even with extra blockers - the inverted wishbone, etc. As good as Lacy is, he got nowhere. That's on the O-Line, and that's on TT. And even worse, pass blocking - it's almost a crime to have a QB like Rodgers and protect him so poorly. Yeah, he throws on the run like nobody else, but he shouldn't have to all the time.

That's on Mike dipshit. We were running against 8-9 in the box.

Bulaga was messed up last year, and he still got it done. This team has more depth than any group I've ever seen in my life.
QCHuskerFan  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:00:28 AM(UTC)
dhazer said: Go to Quoted Post
Well how can you go with we have a great receiving group because we have 4 guys with 29 catches, That is because of injuries. How many games has cobb and jones missed and if I remember right wasn't Jordy out a few games also. Btw I forgot Denver they would be #1 by far.

I made my list on what I would think would be tops with Rodgers at QB for any of them.

Granted Denver would be about the same but imagine teams like the Bengals and Arizona with Rodgers under center.

Also is it the players or the system maybe we should look no farther than Jennings going to Minnesota.

I also just thought of an honorable mention and thats the Seahawks. They could be scary Harvin,Rice, Tate and Baldwin

We have 4 WR with at least 29 catches in spite of injury. Yes, Cobb and Jones have missed time, but they have had a collection of misfits throwing them the ball for more than a third of the season.

Jennings's number are not a lot different than last year. Granted, he was injured a lot last year. But is his performance this year due to not having Rodgers or not having Nelson, Cobb and Jones to distract defenses?

The Packers have the #5 passing offense in the NFL. That is without much of a receiving threat in the backfield. And with someone besides Rodgers throwing 37% of the season's passes. Hard to do that without Top 5 WR. In my opinion.
QCHuskerFan  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:06:32 AM(UTC)
The Packers have the #2 offense in the NFL. That is with a Backup QB for more than 1/3 of the season. Can anyone explain to me how they can do that if the line is so bad? Cobb out. Finley out. Rodgers out. Bulaga out. Lacy, Franklin, Jones, and Starks each missing games.

And yet #2?

The line is above average. They are not why we have lost 5 games.
Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:14:29 AM(UTC)
Only seven teams have scored more points than the Packers, which means they have the eighth ranked offense in the NFL.

But if you think yards are important ...

Total Offense = 2nd
Passing Offense = 5th
Rushing Offense = 5th

User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:12:00 AM(UTC)
And yet we lost three and tied one against teams we shoulda beat since Aaron Rodgers went down. Nobody would care about giving up 26 or 27 points a game if Rodgers was there and we were outscoring teams.

Nobody wants to defend where any of our position groups stack up except WR? Fine, but as somebody said, it is what it is. People want to blame Capers? I say again, when you don't have the personnel to stop everything, you have to do some guessing - scheme to stop what you think the other team will throw at you. That isn't ideal, but it's reality.

Some people are getting all orgasmic about Kevin Greene? Getting fired up like some WWE thing may be what some people like to see, but it ain't what wins games. Clay Matthews said the biggest Packer problem is gap protection - THAT means discipline/brains, NOT over-pursuing and giving up big gains, which is what being fired up leads to. I prefer a thinker to a wrestler designing our defense.
QCHuskerFan  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 11:06:52 AM(UTC)

Nobody wants to defend where any of our position groups stack up except WR? Fine, but as somebody said, it is what it is.

For our offense to have the rankings they have is pretty good, given the injuries suffered. For you to claim the OL is possibly bottom 5 in the league makes me wonder if this forum shouldn't have mandated drug testing. [palm]
cheeseheads123  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:52:15 PM(UTC)
UserPostedImage
Pass protection 2013
steveishere  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 1:14:01 PM(UTC)
cheeseheads123 said: Go to Quoted Post
UserPostedImage
Pass protection 2013

doesn't fit the narrative. Just ignore this.
nerdmann  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:16:07 PM(UTC)
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
doesn't fit the narrative. Just ignore this.

And that's with Aaron hanging onto it for 8 seconds to stat whore.
Rss Feed