steveishere
10 years ago

But that's also just half of the story. If you consider only the 4 games since Aaron went down the Offense was on the field 30:07 while the Defense was on the field 33:38. I still think that this change in TOP had an influence on the let down on Defense since #12 broke his collarbone. They played pretty OK before and now they look ugly as hell.

Originally Posted by: GermanGilbert 

Those TOP were close in the games Rodgers has been missing until late game 8-9 minute drives given up by the Defense skewing the numbers. Either way if 3 and a half extra minutes of field time causes your defense to collapse that's pathetic in itself.

Like I posted earlier our offense as far as possessing the ball has been one of the top units in the league. While our defense as far as giving up yards/first downs/points has been below average. The simple truth is the D is on the field from long periods of time because they don't stop people not because the offense puts them out there more. It's time for people to stop believing the myth that the offense is making the D tired. It's simply not true. Or if it is true it's terribly pathetic because they aren't playing any significant amount of time more than anyone else.
dhazer
10 years ago
Its all about the Pad level, we need to get better pad level.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

But that's also just half of the story. If you consider only the 4 games since Aaron went down the Offense was on the field 30:07 while the Defense was on the field 33:38. I still think that this change in TOP had an influence on the let down on Defense since #12 broke his collarbone. They played pretty OK before and now they look ugly as hell.

Originally Posted by: GermanGilbert 

It's kind of interesting- Aaron breaks his collarbone and the defense falls apart.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
10 years ago

This. I'm tired of this excuse. Not just for the Packers but in general (though it has been particularly awful amongst certain Packer fans the last few years). If you want a break, stop the other team on third down. Otherwise, shut the f*ck up.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

Lazy man's excuse.
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

It's kind of interesting- Aaron breaks his collarbone and the defense falls apart.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

It's almost as if the defense lost its confidence that the offense will put up points. I would think after so much is said about Aaron Rodgers that the defense would relish the opportunity to step up and say "Hey, we're more than just a great QB".
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
10 years ago

"Hey, we're more than just a great QB".

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Well, the simple answer to that is: they're not. Unfortunately. At least not at this point with all of the injuries.

Dulak
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Ok so the defense isnt out there that much longer then normal - but perhaps they dont have the same drive when they seem to be on the losing end ... like even if they do well they dont have an offense to help them win.

perhaps ... Our run D was unstoppable at the beginning of the year; now its a bit porous - we still havnt shored up our coverage thou.

Do we blame our run D on missing key players? CM3 and most of our LBers? or even our pass D since the pressure doesnt get there? - or the poor coverage skill of our safetys and corners (although our courners seem decent enough).

The article talked about looking at every play and seeing what the D called on that play - so basically holding yourself accountable for each coaching decision. Got to be tough to do.

play2win
10 years ago

Ok so the defense isnt out there that much longer then normal - but perhaps they dont have the same drive when they seem to be on the losing end ... like even if they do well they dont have an offense to help them win.

perhaps ... Our run D was unstoppable at the beginning of the year; now its a bit porous - we still havnt shored up our coverage thou.

Do we blame our run D on missing key players? CM3 and most of our LBers? or even our pass D since the pressure doesnt get there? - or the poor coverage skill of our safetys and corners (although our courners seem decent enough).

The article talked about looking at every play and seeing what the D called on that play - so basically holding yourself accountable for each coaching decision. Got to be tough to do.

Originally Posted by: Dulak 

I would say with a quick glance, we were REAlLY good on run D until both Perry and Jolly went down. Having them both return to the lineup, and the possibility Richardson might get more action brings me a little hope that this can get better. Way better. Mulumba was back last Sunday, maybe he improves.

We just have to hope this D can turn the corner, and start making game changing plays in our favor.
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago
All about turnovers Gentlemen.

Don't have them on offense, create them on Defense.

A team can control the clock all it wants, if they can't hang onto the ball, they put themselves behind the perverbial 8 ball.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
luigis
10 years ago

All about turnovers Gentlemen.

Don't have them on offense, create them on Defense.

A team can control the clock all it wants, if they can't hang onto the ball, they put themselves behind the perverbial 8 ball.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Maybe I'm seeing ghosts but I think everything is related to Rodgers.
If we are ahead the opponent is more inclined to pass and not needing to guess the play the defense might create some turnover opportunities.

Without a good offense the opponent never needs to commit to the pass and we just don't have a good defense against a combined attack. We can defend the run or the pass (barely) but not both.

I need to think how the safeties are the problem to this because I'm convinced our safeties are very bad, starting with Burnett a player that I'm convinced is not as good as we all think he is.

Luis
Fan Shout
dfosterf (18h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (18h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (19h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (22h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (22h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10m / Around The NFL / beast

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.