steveishere
10 years ago

By your standards then we had the best wr depth in 2005 with the likes of Antonio Chapman, Donald Driver, Robert Ferguson,Andrea Thurmon, Terrance Murphy and even Javon Walker. Hell we had 3 TEs with atleast 25 catches and to top it off we had 4 rbs with atleast 10 catches. Damn we had to have the best passing team in the league or was it because of injuries sub par players had to play?

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

I think his overall point is sound. I don't see many teams on that list with a #4 WR as good as Boykin this year. Some don't even have #3s as good.
sschind
10 years ago

I still see Jones as inconsistent. He has some fantastic games mixed with games where he just disappears. It's early but I think Boykin is a much better WR than Jones.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

Its hard to have fantastic games if they don't throw you the ball. The Packers simply spread the ball around too much for every guy to have big games on a consistent basis. If you aren't the go to guy or the guy ignored by the defense you get what is left over. Jones is not the go to guy, that would be Nelson and right now Boykin is being ignored, though I don't know how much longer that will be the case. Right now I'd still take Jones over Boykin because I think Jones has shown that he can be the #1 guy in a pinch or a solid go to guy. I'd like to see what Boykin can do when the D focuses on him before I say he is better than Jones. He is still a very good receiver though and I am not saying he can't be better than Jones.
nerdmann
10 years ago

By your standards then we had the best wr depth in 2005 with the likes of Antonio Chapman, Donald Driver, Robert Ferguson,Andrea Thurmon, Terrance Murphy and even Javon Walker. Hell we had 3 TEs with atleast 25 catches and to top it off we had 4 rbs with atleast 10 catches. Damn we had to have the best passing team in the league or was it because of injuries sub par players had to play?

Driver, Murphy and Walker would be a tough top 3, imo.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
mi_keys
10 years ago

Driver, Murphy and Walker would be a tough top 3, imo.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Shame Murphy and Walker were hurt that year. They would have been.
Born and bred a cheesehead
QCHuskerFan
10 years ago

Not sure what your real question or issue is. Are you saying that the Packers have 4 WR in the Top 68 because of injuries? Sub Par players are picking up the slack for injuries? If so, which are the uninjured sub par players; Nelson or Boykin?

I think many people would say that was a good group of WR in 2005. Unfulfilled potential, to be sure. But talented. I'm missing your point, I guess.

Do you not think quality depth is a viable measurement for best WR groups? Do you feel it only matters who your #1 WR is?

Are you arguing that we don't have one of the best groups of WR in 2013? Are you claiming that Seneca Tolzien and Scott Wallace (intentional) are covering up for WR deficiencies?
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

I still see Jones as inconsistent. He has some fantastic games mixed with games where he just disappears. It's early but I think Boykin is a much better WR than Jones.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

I'll say Boykin has been a better WR this year than Jones. But Jones had the most receiving TDs a year ago in the league... I think he has something like 36 TDs in his career. I won't say he is a better WR than Jones yet.

I love Boykins size though, something we haven't had at receiver, maybe even TE (except Finley) for a long time. Jordy has all the things you want in a WR, but Boykin is turning into our receiving threat this year.

Can't wait to see us with Nelson, Jones, Cobb, and Boykin on the field at once.
dhazer
10 years ago

Not sure what your real question or issue is. Are you saying that the Packers have 4 WR in the Top 68 because of injuries? Sub Par players are picking up the slack for injuries? If so, which are the uninjured sub par players; Nelson or Boykin?

I think many people would say that was a good group of WR in 2005. Unfulfilled potential, to be sure. But talented. I'm missing your point, I guess.

Do you not think quality depth is a viable measurement for best WR groups? Do you feel it only matters who your #1 WR is?

Are you arguing that we don't have one of the best groups of WR in 2013? Are you claiming that Seneca Tolzien and Scott Wallace (intentional) are covering up for WR deficiencies?

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

All in all i am saying injuries can play into the stats and also its hard to compare because like the care with the Lions, do you really need a 4th wr when you have Megatron that can beat up almost defense by himself which in turn makes the 2nd better and so fourth. I am not saying we don't have a good group but is it the best or top 5 I don't think so. All we can do is have opinions because there really isn't a way to prove otherwise. You can come up with one point with catches and I just say it is because they are playing for injured players. Or you have other teams that use their backs and TEs more than WRs. I guess there is no right or wrong answer to this.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
We were so good that Ted decided to cut Jeremy Ross. Now we have Boykin and Myles White. Thank you TT.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
nerdmann
10 years ago

We were so good that Ted decided to cut Jeremy Ross. Now we have Boykin and Myles White. Thank you TT.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

I stand behind that.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
sschind
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

I'm too lazy to go back and look but are you saying that you were the ONLY one here who was against Ross being cut. Somehow I doubt that.

Now you are blaming Ted Thompson for doing something that everyone, including yourself most likely, were demanding he do.

Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (8h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (9h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.