MintBaconDrivel
10 years ago

“I DON’T KNOW WHAT WE’RE YELLING ABOUT! LOUD NOISES!” OK, I do know what everyone is yelling about and it’s understandable….to a degree. The 2013 season has completely come off the rails for the Green Bay Packers who are 0-4-1 since quarterback Aaron Rodgers went down against the Chicago Bears with a fractured collarbone.  Green [...]

JerseyAl  wrote:

nerdmann
10 years ago
Yes, and it's fucking hypocritical.

I've been bringing up these issues of shit suckage for YEARS and everyone blasted me for being a motherfucker. Because after all, WE WERE STILL WINNING.

Well guess what. Shit suckage becomes a habit, as Vince Lombardi once said.

We were winning DESPITE shit suckage. Constant lulls, low percentage offense, bullshit defense. But hey, as long as we were winning, everyone accepted it.

Well guess what. Now that Aaron isn't there to pull our asses out of the fire, we CANNOT RELY on the rest of these dipshits. Why? After all they're just playing like they always did, right? Fuck you.

Enjoy, bitches.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
play2win
10 years ago
After 2010, it was pretty difficult to find fault with Mike McCarthy, especially going undefeated the following season into week 15.

But then the wheels fell off. Our defense set all-time NFL records for futility. Offensively, we were figured out. Here we are, two years later, with all the same issues that kept us from repeating front and center, unaddressed.

When will we see accountability?

I haven't gone off the deep end like my friend nerdmann, but I am pissed that we have wasted 3 seasons, with injuries, shoddy defense, shoddy OL play, and poor gametime management still major issues.

3 years of Rodgers' career wasted. Will he get another legit shot at a SB?
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

I've been bringing up these issues of shit suckage for YEARS and everyone blasted me for being a motherfucker. Because after all, WE WERE STILL WINNING.

We were winning DESPITE shit suckage. Constant lulls, low percentage offense, bullshit defense. But hey, as long as we were winning, everyone accepted it.

Well guess what. Now that Aaron isn't there to pull our asses out of the fire, we CANNOT RELY on the rest of these dipshits. Why? After all they're just playing like they always did, right? Fuck you.

Enjoy, bitches.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

A lot of what you say is true. I would suggest, though, that in addition to having Aaron Rodgers playing so great as to mask that shit "suckage", the game management wasn't too shabby either - winning with generally crappy personnel - and for all those in denial of that, wake up and smell the ..... "shit suckage" as you call it. To win as much as we did the past few seasons, and advance as far as we did - not as far as we coulda/shoulda/woulda if Ted Thompson had put together a better supporting cast, took some slick coaching.

As for the coaching that so many in here STUPIDLY are spewing hate about, offense: until this year, McCarthy did a great job of passing first, maximizing what we had even without decent RBs. This year, he succumbed to a lot of idiots pushing a run first mentality. Defense: all these panicky fools in here completely ignore the fact that scheming, trickery, out-guessing - basically what Capers does, is NEEDED because we just don't have the personnel to man up and stop everything at the same time like the better defenses around the league.

As for not going off the deep end, the reason why that shouldn't happen is simply that the season is not lost. Assuming Rodgers comes back and we win out, it certainly is not too late to take the division - look at Detroit's schedule, and the Bears are kinda imploding. And if we make it into the playoffs, absolutely the Packers will be the team nobody wants to play - even with the "shit suckage" in O-Line and D personnel.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Enjoy, bitches.

You think you're smarter than everyone, (see below), but bottom line is most fans have bemoaned the same things as you. The difference is you do it non stop win or lose where most other fans take time to appreciate a win for what it is, a win because they understand they are not easy to come by.

I know more than anyone about the Green Bay Packers. This is mainly because I’m smarter than everyone. However, being that I am also a good person, I am willing to bestow my wisdom upon others. Hence, this blog.

Link  wrote:

btw, I like the statewhore wordpress name, I laughed. 🙂

I do agree, with the quote you referenced.

Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all of the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

Vince Lombardi wrote:

That's how I have felt about the OL the second James Campen took over a OL with him trying to utilize Zone Blocking Scheme after only one year under Jeff Jago...ski. I felt if Packers wanted ZBS, find someone who's been tutored in the system for more than one year, or simply go to what I prefer ... a big fatty power OL.

Packers have holes in their team, but compare them to the other 31 teams and guess what, they fair pretty damn well against more than half of them if not three quarters.

Ted Thompson said he should have brought Vince Young in earlier to give him a "fighting" chance. Essentially we can take that as he dropped the ball on the backup QB. However, the Packers had every reason to believe B.J. Coleman and Graham Harrell would take a step forward. I think most here wanted Harrell gone after 2012 preseason, I know I did.

UserPostedImage
Pack93z
10 years ago
Yes, yes the Cheeseheads are letting their minds do a complete meltdown.. and it is very difficult holding a discussion with a portion of the fan base now.

Fire this coach, cut this player.. rabble rabble rabble... and some more rabble. Ramble on...  

Here are things that haven't changed with this team:

1. The offensive line is inconsistent, it has been this way under Campen's watch.

2. Capers tries elaborate pressure schemes with a curtailed coverage package behind it, they clearly don't trust the backend of this defense and the communication issues have plagued this unit for a couple of years.

3. Ted and company believe in draft and develop strategy, they run the risk of putting young players in pressure spots early in their careers.

4. We have gambled on our starting QB staying healthy for a couple of years.

5. This team has been consistently an injury plagued team, whether it be the training staff, the program related decisions or bad luck. We have had to test our depth yearly.

And guess what.. we have been extremely successful in doing so with the above long term factors. Hell we won the Superbowl in 2010 in similar fashion.

But now, with the depth of the deep gutted like a salmon and a cool spring day, we are struggling. Mightily at times. Sooner or later, no matter how well you try and stack the team, there is a point in which you cannot continue to perform at a high level.

Rodgers was the last straw I believe for this injury ravaged team.. we are down receivers, lineman, linebackers, corners and QB's... I can't think of a position group that hasn't run thin at one point or time this season.

But it seems many have forgotten that history, and are only focusing on the now.. be damned with the rest.

Did I mention it is hard holding a conversation about the Packers right now.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
sschind
10 years ago

Enjoy, bitches.

Are you by any chance bi-Polar nerd? I say that because in one post you are rah rah rah this team is its best when its back is against the wall and its never over until its over yada yada yada and in the next post this team is nothing but crap and the only players worth a damn are Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews.

I admire your enthusiasm but my God man you are all over the map.

Oh, and I have a hard time believing that the phrase "shit suckage" ever came out of Vince Lombardi's mouth 😄
nerdmann
10 years ago

Are you by any chance bi-Polar nerd? I say that because in one post you are rah rah rah this team is its best when its back is against the wall and its never over until its over yada yada yada and in the next post this team is nothing but crap and the only players worth a damn are Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews.

I admire your enthusiasm but my God man you are all over the map.

Oh, and I have a hard time believing that the phrase "shit suckage" ever came out of Vince Lombardi's mouth 😄

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I give credit where it's due. This team has the ABILITY to come back from any deficit. They do not always do so, but they have the ability to do so.

Therefore, I am not counting them out. My problem with them is that they're always DOWN. They go on lulls, they play down to their competition and let shitty teams hang around.

And for the record, I love Ted and think he's the second best GM in the league. It's not the players, it's the scheming. And on defense (and at QB) apparently also prepping.

Then there's the athletic training. WTF. Do that joint balancing shit. Nourish liver yin to support joints. Tonify spleen qi to support muscle. Kidney to support bone. Do ALL THAT SHIT. Everything you can fucking think of, bitches. This shit has got to mf'ing end. Hydrate and shit.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
10 years ago

Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all of the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Yes, yes the Cheeseheads are letting their minds do a complete meltdown.. and it is very difficult holding a discussion with a portion of the fan base now.

Fire this coach, cut this player.. rabble rabble rabble... and some more rabble. Ramble on...  

Here are things that haven't changed with this team:

1. The offensive line is inconsistent, it has been this way under Campen's watch.

2. Capers tries elaborate pressure schemes with a curtailed coverage package behind it, they clearly don't trust the backend of this defense and the communication issues have plagued this unit for a couple of years.

3. Ted and company believe in draft and develop strategy, they run the risk of putting young players in pressure spots early in their careers.

4. We have gambled on our starting QB staying healthy for a couple of years.

5. This team has been consistently an injury plagued team, whether it be the training staff, the program related decisions or bad luck. We have had to test our depth yearly.

And guess what.. we have been extremely successful in doing so with the above long term factors. Hell we won the Superbowl in 2010 in similar fashion.

But now, with the depth of the deep gutted like a salmon and a cool spring day, we are struggling. Mightily at times. Sooner or later, no matter how well you try and stack the team, there is a point in which you cannot continue to perform at a high level.

Rodgers was the last straw I believe for this injury ravaged team.. we are down receivers, lineman, linebackers, corners and QB's... I can't think of a position group that hasn't run thin at one point or time this season.

But it seems many have forgotten that history, and are only focusing on the now.. be damned with the rest.

Did I mention it is hard holding a conversation about the Packers right now.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I understand and agree with most of your post.

There is only the here and now. The only good thing that the prior championships are good for and when we laugh at the vikie fans or others like them. They don't count for what we are watching this week.

It is fine to give the GM and HC a "pass" after winning a SB but that time has expired even when we factor in the injury situation. After all 2010 shows us that injuries are not an excuse. Fans can tolerate some inept play when they see the team is improving and simply experiencing some growing pains.

This team is not showing improvement.

There are 3rd- 4th year players that have regressed. That is unexceptionable.
Not having a plan for an NFL caliber backup QB is unacceptable. I know I mentioned it before but it takes time to develop a QB. They can't trot someone new out there every other week and expect to have success. If someone as stupid about football as I am knows this why do they act like it is something unheard of?
The woes on the OL have been there for years. That is unacceptable.
The porous secondary and weak LB has been there for years as well. That is not acceptable.
The terrible RB group only improved this year after years of ignoring the problem.
With all the TE they have had it has been an issue. If JerMike was going well we were ok but if he was not there was no one else to step in and make a difference. That is not acceptable.

I could go on but it has all been said before. There are real issues that having Aaron at QB has covered up this team has many more holes than people like to believe are there starting with the coaching staff. that is no acceptable.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (25m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (39m) : Yes
Zero2Cool (1h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (3h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (4h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (18h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
28m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.