sschind
  • sschind
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
10 years ago
This is the end of an article found on the RTS website. The whole thing was about the wisdom of having the SB in cold weather city. Nothing that was mentioned was new or important but I found this part to be rather funny.

Not that any or all of them wouldn't welcome the chance to try their luck in 2019.

''If they have it in Alaska, if that's where they want to play the Super Bowl, I want to get my team there. That's how I look at it,'' Buffalo coach Doug Marrone said.

''... either I'm there playing it, or I'm at home feeling pretty ...'' and here Marrone paused to glance at Bills spokesman Scott Berchtold. ''Can I say the word I want to say?'' he began.

''Lousy?'' suggested Berchtold.

''Lousy,'' Marrone repeated. ''OK.''
Cheesey
10 years ago
Having it in the elements this year should open
it up to being played in ALL cold cities, including
Green Bay. Yes, I know the hotel problems and
all, but the reason has always been the weather.
G.B. deserves to host it as well.
Who cares if the rich people would have to
travel from hotels to the game?
Have busses take them to and from Lambeau Field.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago
Heard them complaining on the radio about it already. One of them being, that it is unfair because teams that play outside in the cold would have an unfair advantage over teams that don't. Well dome teams have an advantage over other team when the SB is played in a dome.

This is exactly why they should play in both indoor, outdoor, warm and cold, because it is fair.

Would live to see the game in GB. The city and the surrounding areas would work together to cover any hotel room issues. Hell, half the city would probably be willing to rent out their homes for the two weeks. Doubt it will ever happen with the pussy celebs and big wigs. But screw them. Give the game back to the regular fan for once.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME! 
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
sschind
  • sschind
10 years ago

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME! 

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Did you notice all the snow in the parking lot of Met Life stadium in that one picture.

I'm trying to think of a suitable comment but all I can think of is they call that snow? Most places in Wisconsin probably wouldn't even break out the shovels for that. And if all those pictures were taken on the same day it looks like its about 40 degrees or more the way all the snow looks like its melting. Sure it looks like a lot of snow but its a big area. even an inch of snow would produce piles that big in a parking lot of that size.

Cheesey
10 years ago
Again I agree with packfanwithtwins.

Dome teams have the advantage in ALL theri home games. So what if the poor little guys will catch a cold in the snow? Are we supposed to CARE?
Isn't football SUPPOSED to be an outdoor sport?
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago

Did you notice all the snow in the parking lot of Met Life stadium in that one picture.

I'm trying to think of a suitable comment but all I can think of is they call that snow? Most places in Wisconsin probably wouldn't even break out the shovels for that. And if all those pictures were taken on the same day it looks like its about 40 degrees or more the way all the snow looks like its melting. Sure it looks like a lot of snow but its a big area. even an inch of snow would produce piles that big in a parking lot of that size.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I know, it's hardly anything really and yet they're making a big stink of it.

Dome teams have the advantage in ALL theri home games. So what if the poor little guys will catch a cold in the snow? Are we supposed to CARE?

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

=d>

If they are THAT worried about bad weather affecting the game, they should have never agreed to have it in a city that far north without it being in a dome.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
When I hear they do not want the game effected by weather, I have a hard time believing that as the cause. The cynic in me thinks its somehow aimed at money. Although, seriously, when has a Super Bowl NEVER sold out?

On the radio Harry Syndey said he doesn't want weather dictating the outcome of a game because if a outdoor team is vs a indoor team, the outdoor team has the advantage. What??? How is that different if the venue was indoors?

Besides, isn't the Super Bowl the decider of who the best team is? Don't both teams have to play in the same climate and conditions?

Another factor the NFL should consider when they worry about the bottom line dollars ... what games do we remember more than others? Ice Bowl, Mud Bowl, Snow Bowl, Monsoon Bowl, Wind Bowl .... those are all names we've slapped on memorable games.

Remember these games?
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d80870a4e 

or these games?
http://www.askmen.com/top_10/sports/top-10-bad-weather-nfl-games_10.html 
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago

Although, seriously, when has a Super Bowl NEVER sold out?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

The first one didn't 😢

UserPostedImage
sschind
  • sschind
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I don't care about the game at all. Play it in a monsoon or a blizzard or in 120 degree heat. The teams earned the right to be there and they are paid well for it and that is what their goal was before the season started. I don't think the players care.

As for the fans, I don't really care about them either. If you don't want to pay $2000.00 or more for a social event and risk having to sit in less than perfect conditions then don't. I've often wondered how many of the Super Bowl attendees are just there for the appearance and have never been to another football game or maybe even watched another football game in their life. For those that scrimp and save to be able to afford the cheapest ticket so they can attend a football game, like the players, I don't think they will care about the weather

Why I think it is stupid to have the game in a cold weather city really has nothing to do with the game but the hype leading up to it. Its probably already the most hyped sporting event on the planet so can you imagine the additional crap we are going to have to put up with in the weeks preceding the game. We will have Super Bowl weather watches on every sports site we visit. We will be seeing reporters shivering their asses off while wearing $1000.00 coats that wouldn't keep a polar bear warm in the Sahara all the while complaining about the bitter cold and it will be 50 degrees. I'm not talking about the regular sports reporters, most of them will know what to expect if they have ever done games in Green Bay or Buffalo. I'm talking about the fashion channel or the antique channel or the cross stitch channel that will have reporters there. And before you ask, no I don't watch the fashion channels or the antique channels or the cross stitch channels but we will see them anyway because someone will put the damned interviews on the internet and some ass wipe will post them on a site like this or email them to me because they think they are funny so no, we won't be able to avoid them.

Sorry, got a little off track there. Just think of all the news we see of big snow storms that happen every other time of the year. It will be 100 times worse if it happens during Super Bowl week and nothing will focus on the storm itself or the regular citizens it negatively affects but rather on how some spoiled rich bitch got salt residue on her $2000.00 Gucci boots and it might leave a permanent stain. Or how multi million dollar corporations are losing so much money because the huge snowfall is not allowing them to gouge a many people as they normally would.

That's why I don't like the idea of a cold weather Super Bowl. As far as the game goes it will be a football game and depending on who makes it I may not even watch it.

On your last point, I don't know that football is SUPPOSED to be an outdoor sport. It started out that way because the money or the technology or whatever wasn't there to build the indoor stadiums in the early years of the league.

To say that football is supposed to be an outdoor sport is like saying telephones are supposed to have numbered dials on them and the signals are supposed to travel along wires suspended on huge poles buried in the ground at regular intervals along the highway.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (3h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (13h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (20h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (21h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.