Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online cheeseheads123  
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 2:43:31 PM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Applause Given: 72
Applause Received: 117

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Hopefully that $8 million a year deal is LONG GONE from being on the table. If Raji was signed for that or even half of that, there will FINALLY be the bunch of anti-Thompson converts I expect.

To the guy who mentioned Brad Jones: I don't like the Jones signing either, not one little bit, but how do you connect that to the slide from bad to worse of Raji?

We don't need either Pickett or Raji - at ANY price. Boyd has been at least mediocre, which is a lot more than you can say for those other two fat blobs. A D-Line rotation with Boyd added to Daniels, D. Jones, Worthy, maybe Neal back there, and maybe a draft pick or mid-level free agent would be head and shoulders better than what we put on the field this year.

There is a thread on a different forum with game tape of all the big runs against Dallas. For the most part Raji was doing a good job. The culprits were the linebackers, especially Brad Jones.

Raji's best years were in 10/11 and his worsts were 12/13. Bishop started in 10/11 and Jones started in 12/13. Just food for thought.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 12/20/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 2:48:38 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,146
Applause Received: 1,516

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
I doubt that deal is still on the table if it ever was. I don't see how he gets anywhere near that on the open market after how this season has played out and I don't see Ted overpaying that much even for a player he likes after the kind of year he's had.

agreed.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Online beast  
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 2:48:41 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 320

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
I doubt that deal is still on the table if it ever was. I don't see how he gets anywhere near that on the open market after how this season has played out and I don't see Ted overpaying that much even for a player he likes after the kind of year he's had.

I agree, I doubt the deal is still on the table, and I think some reported that it was already off the table by the time it was leaked. And we don't even know it's true, sometimes agents "leak" this info to try to draw up interest and the reports may or may not be true.

Though 8 million a year would tied with Vince Wilfork for 7th highest paid DT. Of course Pickett is 8th right now with an average of a bit less than 6.2 million a year thought. And I love what Pickett has brought to the run stuffing over the years for the Packers, but they over paided him, and maybe some of that was for veteran leadership in the lockerroom kind of thing, but the lockerroom hasn't been getting the players ready, as it shown, Lattimore said what ever he said during the Cowboys game and things completely changed. Why did the vet lockerroom have that going already?

Also something to note, 3-4 DEs aren't listed with the DTs... (even though I think they should be, because really they're all inside DL just like DTs). So adding in the 3-4 DEs there are more guys there knocking Pickett further down than 8th really.

DT average salary rankings

DE average salary rankings
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline play2win  
#14 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 6:39:25 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 Go to Quoted Post
Brad Jones is what happened to Packers defensive lineman B.J. Raji

Thank you! Some sanity in the argument. Space eaters are there to do just that in this scheme, and allow the LBs to clean up and take all the glory. How is Brad Jones doing this year? Making a couple of good plays, but missing on a ton more… yuk.
Online DarkaneRules  
#15 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 7:08:06 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Boyd will replace Pickett, imo.

Hopefully we'll have enough guys who are well enough to get it done for the playoffs.

If you look closely at my posts I have Boyd replacing everybody along the d-line haha.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
thanks Post received 2 applause.
buckeyepackfan on 12/20/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 12/20/2013(UTC)
Online nerdmann  
#16 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 9:24:37 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Thank you! Some sanity in the argument. Space eaters are there to do just that in this scheme, and allow the LBs to clean up and take all the glory. How is Brad Jones doing this year? Making a couple of good plays, but missing on a ton more… yuk.

Jones has been hurt.

Still don't know why Lattimore doesn't get more time.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Wade on 12/21/2013(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#17 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:25:41 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,087
Applause Received: 528

I thought the $8 million dollar deal was offered before the regular season began, anyway? Or least right near it?
Rss Feed