Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 6:30:26 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,142
Applause Received: 1,515

JSOnline wrote:
Packers safeties have zero interceptions and it would be the first time since the ’50s that has happened in a season, if it holds.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline play2win  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 6:36:32 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Gotta get some picks from these guys! Soon! Man! Morgan Burnett was a pick machine in college… hope to see it with both he and Richardson these next couple of games, and hopefully beyond!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 12/20/2013(UTC)
Offline mi_keys  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 6:45:51 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 224
Applause Received: 359

I miss Nick Collins
Born and bred a cheesehead
thanks Post received 3 applause.
TheKanataThrilla on 12/20/2013(UTC), wpr on 12/20/2013(UTC), play2win on 12/20/2013(UTC)
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 6:52:57 AM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Canada

Applause Given: 153
Applause Received: 118

We have had a few opportunities for the Safety to make the pick, but are often late making a play or out of position. So agree with mi_keys, I miss Nick Collins so bad.
"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
Offline beast  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 5:22:54 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 318

I think I was reading "Ask Vic" on Packers.com, went I saw this, he was asking other guys in the media, trying to get scoring reports for the teams the Packers were facing, and seemed like he was getting the same answer each week, one Safety is good or already and the other Safety spot was a weak spot.

Vic went on to talk about how for what ever reason there seems like there have been a unusual lack of good Safeties in the NFL lately and some where I read someone talk about how there just haven't been nearly as good Safeties in the draft lately and teams have been reaching on them to get a position of need filled.

Also wondering/thinking the team going to a more traditional 3-4 scheme (more run clogging, less pass rushing from DL in 304 base, and more cover 2 has something to do with the Safeties (and DBs in general) getting less INTs.

And wondering if we'll still be playing traditional 3-4 next year... if so they need to sign some run stuffers, as Jolly, Pickett, Raji, Wilson and Neal are all FAs after this season. Going back to Capers agresive 3-4 defense might be interesting...

Perry, D. Jones, NT, Daniels, Matthews as the front... (or maybe switch Matthews and Perry). But still need a NT there...
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline FLORIDA PACKER88  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 9:27:48 PM(UTC)
FLORIDA PACKER88

Applause Given: 34
Applause Received: 6

I am Probably most disapointed in the safety position out of all the spots this year. Burnette was given an extension and payout with expectations he would make the leap this year and be a premier safety and all we've seen from him for the most part is inconsistency. He appears out of position a lot especially when he's taking over coverage responsibilities deep after guys are passed off in zone it seems.

Not sure if he's tentative or just not seeing what he should be seeing, wish he would take that step and solidify that spot. I don't expect him to be a Nick Collins or Charles Woodson but his current play like that of our entire group of safeties is not up to par.

Offline nerdmann  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 12:54:05 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,704
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: FLORIDA PACKER88 Go to Quoted Post
I am Probably most disapointed in the safety position out of all the spots this year. Burnette was given an extension and payout with expectations he would make the leap this year and be a premier safety and all we've seen from him for the most part is inconsistency. He appears out of position a lot especially when he's taking over coverage responsibilities deep after guys are passed off in zone it seems.

Not sure if he's tentative or just not seeing what he should be seeing, wish he would take that step and solidify that spot. I don't expect him to be a Nick Collins or Charles Woodson but his current play like that of our entire group of safeties is not up to par.

When Burnett has sucked in the past, it was because he had someone shitting themselves lined up next to him.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Rss Feed