hardrocker950
10 years ago

I know this thread is about Quarless, but beside the final touchdown to Cobb, that threading the needle pass to Quarless was probably the most impressive play I have seen Aaron Rodger's make in his career so far.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

I can't really argue with that. That pass to Quarless was huge - I thought for sure it was either a pick or incomplete when he released it.

Lot of gut checks in this game, and those 2 catches were nothing short of epic. As much as I like Finley, we can survive without him if needed.
nerdmann
10 years ago
Finley will never play again.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago

I know this thread is about Quarless, but beside the final touchdown to Cobb, that threading the needle pass to Quarless was probably the most impressive play I have seen Aaron Rodger's make in his career so far.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

I don't think that was an impressive play by Rodgers. That ball should have been picked. We were lucky it just deflected off the defender a little bit and that Quarless was still able to bring it in.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
beast
10 years ago

I don't think Quarless is special but I think he can be a very important role player. He has played FB, H-back and TE blocking... and with his catching improving he's doing nice at TE as well. I really want him resigned (though not over pay for him).

But also think they should draft another TE with upside.

Also I think Quarless is faster than Finley (track wise), but Quarless isn't natural route runner where it seems to come very natural to Finley and Finley naturally does a lot of the little things correct where Quarless didn't but he's getting better at them. Football wise Finley might be faster, but Quarless has the potential.

One play I have missed and kind of hope to make see Mike McCarthy surprise a team in the playoffs with is the TE screen. Quarless has looked good at it in the past, and since Mike McCarthy has not used it in a while it might surprise in lead to a big play. (of course screen to Cobb might be better).

UserPostedImage
dhazer
10 years ago
I think Quarless is our answer, his hands to me seem to be as good if not better than Finleys. He blocks better than Finley which with our line helps alot. Remember they line him up in the backfield to help protect at times which could lead to some kind of pass to him out of it.

The main reason I would worry about Finley is because their is only 1 football on the field and we have how many receiving threats? If we get Jones back we would have Nelson, Cobb, Jones and Boykin, Lacy coming out of the backfield. So Quarless would be a nice little plus without spending the huge money.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
10 years ago
Resign Finley and Quarless, and spend the whole draft on linebackers, safeties, and fat defensive lineman with actual heartbeats.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
I don't want Finley for big money, and as was said, he almost certainly wouldn't come cheap. Quarless is much more of a "normal" TE - yeah, less of a route runner, but a better target, better hands (have people forgotten all those drops by Finley?), better blocker, and at least adequate speed. Between him, Taylor, Bostick, and maybe Stoneburner, we are pretty well covered at TE. And heaven knows, there are a LOT of other needs in the draft.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago

I don't think Quarless is special but I think he can be a very important role player. He has played FB, H-back and TE blocking... and with his catching improving he's doing nice at TE as well. I really want him resigned (though not over pay for him).

But also think they should draft another TE with upside.

Also I think Quarless is faster than Finley (track wise), but Quarless isn't natural route runner where it seems to come very natural to Finley and Finley naturally does a lot of the little things correct where Quarless didn't but he's getting better at them. Football wise Finley might be faster, but Quarless has the potential.

One play I have missed and kind of hope to make see Mike McCarthy surprise a team in the playoffs with is the TE screen. Quarless has looked good at it in the past, and since Mike McCarthy has not used it in a while it might surprise in lead to a big play. (of course screen to Cobb might be better).

Originally Posted by: beast 

They tried the TE screen against the Bears. It was the play Rodgers threw in the dirt because Peppers was all over it.

I agree on Quarless. He outperformed Finley in most combine tests. Finley was much more finished coming out of college. Quarless is beginning to play more naturally.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
nerdmann
10 years ago
Quarless had been coming on, but then he shit himself last week. Then yesterday he played well again. Hope that trajectory continues.

He's better than Spencer Havner, but I haven't seen him get deep consistently like Finley.

We've got Stoneburner and Chris Hanson on this team yet too. They're complete unknowns at this time, Hanson just being an oversized wideout like David Martin.

I like Bostick's potential for the future. Sucks he's out for the year.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Quarless had been coming on, but then he shit himself last week.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

How?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (55m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (5h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (19h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
58m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.