texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Yeah but you look down on lots of people who are actually your superior in character. It's just how you roll.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

True, but I have more fun than those "superior in character" people. Enjoy your "incredibly difficult" life hahahaha.

Winning the NFC North is like that expression about getting old: The only thing worse than ........ is not ......

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
sschind
10 years ago

1996 who was the better team? The 9-7 Jaguars or the 14-2 Broncos?
2010 who was the better team? The 7-9 Seahawks or The 12-4 Saints?
There's many more examples including The 2012, 15-1 Packers.

Why do you hear players say "we just need to make it to the dance"?

Because as been posted many times here..ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

Let's hope The Packers win Sunday and we all get to find out.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

I think you misunderstood my point. Nerd predicted we would shit ourselves against an inferior team and all I said was the only team I would consider inferior would be the Cardinals. I said nothing at all about our chances. I think if you read through my posts you will see that I have been very much in agreement with the Just make it and anything can happen idea.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

I should have been bald 10 years ago. My hat wearing buddies are bald. Wearing hats keeps your head from getting the required air to keep pores clean. And fuck you anyway, pretty boy quarterback [mfing]

When you sending me a t-shirt? I'll return the favor with a couple Raji jerseys. 😆

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I didn't wear hats when I was younger but I do now that I am bald. When I don't the sun burns the skin. In the winter my head is cold.

Although I have heard that old wife's tale for years.
UserPostedImage
IronMan
10 years ago
Winning the division means about $13 million for the Green Bay economy.

Also, had we not won the division, we would have picked about 15th, instead of about 20th or so. Does that really make a diffierence? No. Making the playoffs is always better than not making it. Period.
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Winning the division means about $13 million for the Green Bay economy.

Also, had we not won the division, we would have picked about 15th, instead of about 20th or so. Does that really make a diffierence? No. Making the playoffs is always better than not making it. Period.

Originally Posted by: IronMan 

In the terms of bragging rights, yes, I can see how some say the division championship means nothing. However, like you said, it punches your ticket to to the playoffs with a HOME game and once you're in the dance, anything can happen. e.g. 2010.

UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
9 years ago
I think statements like the title of this thread are disrespectful to our coaching staff and players. The guys worked their asses off, and it was their reward for never giving up. I have a lot of respect for people who overcome adversity no matter what the situation.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
musccy
9 years ago

I think statements like the title of this thread are disrespectful to our coaching staff and players. The guys worked their asses off, and it was their reward for never giving up. I have a lot of respect for people who overcome adversity no matter what the situation.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

Without knowing much about the discussion throughout this thread, I agree with the title. It ties into some other conversations in other threads now about how the team and fans shouldn't be content with winning the Division.

Every coach will say it's a goal, but that's PC nonsense. If you win your division, it means you're the best of 4 teams. How is that a noteworthy accomplishment? That's a forest rather than a trees perspective. Yeah the Packers won the Division, but in 2013 it was because they were the benefactors of circumstances. If we were in the West, we''re 4th at best.

How do the Packers compare to the rest of the conference/league, and how they perform in January is all that matters.
DoddPower
9 years ago

How do the Packers compare to the rest of the conference/league, and how they perform in January is all that matters.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

I kind of disagree with this statement and think it's an oversimplification. Most NFL teams, players, and coaches take things one game, if not one day, at a time. It's a linear progression. One of the first goals of the season is to win the division, obtain a bye week, and ideally, secure home field advantage throughout. The next step is obviously to win the divisional round game. The next step is to win the conference, and then obviously the Super Bowl.

I see it as a progression, and winning the division (or at least making the playoffs) is a very important part of that process. The ultimate goal of every season is to win the Super Bowl, but I think most organizations are programmed to break the season up into smaller and more achievable goals, as they should be.

I may have an ultimate goal of being President of the company I work for, but I have to move through at least some of the ranks before that's even a reasonable option. Being President isn't the only thing that matters. The intermediate steps are important, too. Being President would be the summation of a series of meaning successes. It's all about stacking successes, as they say.

I suppose ultimately it's all about semantics and perspective. But I'm pretty sure most NFL organizations are similar to what I described above, and I personally don't view winning the divisions as meaningless. There are certainly more important factors, but there's more to it than that. I thought it was incredibly entertaining to beat the Bears in week 17 last season to take the division crown. That wasn't meaningless to me, and brought me a good bit of enjoyment, which is all the NFL is for anyway. It's just entertainment. If I can't enjoy the top level of entertainment every year, I'd at least like to enjoy as much as possible. Plus it's fun to rub it in the Vikings, Bears, and Lions fans faces, if you will.
uffda udfa
9 years ago
Did the winds in here just shift dramatically?

The year we won our last SB we didn't win the division.

Division championships aren't anything to get fired up about UNLESS they propel you to the holy grail, otherwise, it was all for naught. Close but no cigar doesn't work...but we haven't even been "close" lately. That is ridiculously unacceptable for who we have at QB. It is largely a function of our woefully inadequate D that our GM keeps trying to fix but has failed. I'm not sure Ted Thompson can fix a sandwich much less our defensive problems. How many years do you want to see that guy flail away burning the prime years of Aaron's career?

His best option is to add guys in FA because they are ones he did NOT draft. He needs to stable some studs before Rodgers is gone like Brett and we have 2 rings in 30 years.

Yes, winning the SB is hard... nobody has ever said it isn't. However, you don't fail the way we do year after year with only ONE anomalous run in TT's tenure. Which one doesn't belong? The SB win or all the other years we basically went one and done? I almost consider beating Joe Webb at home a one and done scenario. We have ONE playoff win in the Rodgers era outside of the SB run and that was vs. Joe Webb at home? C'mon, man... that's freaking BRUTAL...BRUTAL...BRUTAL. You have the best QB in the history of the game and you can't make more than one playoff run? Whose fault is that? The guy who just got the extension for some bizarrely odd unknown reason. To compound the issue is the fans who hailed that moment as if it was a great thing. Asleep at the switch for sure.

I'm sure it will be a ball counting all the division championships from the Rodgers era while never realizing the opportunity completely squandered.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DarkaneRules
9 years ago
Go Pack Go
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance