texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
At this early stage, it's mostly only relevant to consider positions. I'm glad to read they are saying Safety. I'm thankful it ain't TE. As for Pryor, my question is , can he cover? There's a reason the Packers tend to avoid hard hitting Safeties. A lot of them can't cover - a higher priority.

The elephant in the draft room, of course, is what if anything do we pick up in free agency. Byrd would be nice, especially since I suspect there won't be much in that category of the draft when our turn comes.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
beast
10 years ago

Yeah I have a hard time accepting the fact that he will be the BPA. He may be the best S available but Ted almost never takes the player at a need position if someone considerably better is still on the board.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Ted Thompson 2nd picks often seem like a position of need and/or position that has an important FA that year or the next year at the same position.

UserPostedImage
10 years ago

At this early stage, it's mostly only relevant to consider positions. I'm glad to read they are saying Safety. I'm thankful it ain't TE. As for Pryor, my question is , can he cover? There's a reason the Packers tend to avoid hard hitting Safeties. A lot of them can't cover - a higher priority.

The elephant in the draft room, of course, is what if anything do we pick up in free agency. Byrd would be nice, especially since I suspect there won't be much in that category of the draft when our turn comes.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

The jury is still out on whether or not he can cover. That is why I view Pryor as someone to trade up for in the second as of now.
UserPostedImage
play2win
10 years ago

I'm continually becoming more and more infatuated with Ra'shede Hageman . He's so big and has the long arms necessary to excel as a defensive end in a 3-4, or on the inside. I'm definitely going to be keeping my eye on him.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Wow, DoddPower! Thanks for the headsup. This player looks phenomenal. I would love for Ted to pop on Jairus Byrd in FA, then draft this kid. Those two players added to our D could be a huge improvement.

We need Safety help so badly, but pounding the trenches early in the draft with top talent always makes sense.
10 years ago
At this time last year Kiper had the Packers taking Barrett Jones G/C Alabama
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago

Yeah I have a hard time accepting the fact that he will be the BPA. He may be the best S available but Ted almost never takes the player at a need position if someone considerably better is still on the board.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I hate the BPA term. It is really BPAFP (Best player available for Packers). Need is always considered when ranking players. Players with more talent may be ranked lower than another if they play a position we don't need as bad. Ted's final board is a combination of so many factors.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
Packers should have selected Michael Crabtree and Vernon Davis. Stupid Ted Thompson. STUPID!! We all seen that Hawk would blow like Raji.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
10 years ago

A lot of the draft guys I follow on twitter seem to think he's 1st round quality and I've been seeing it before Kiper came out with his thing. There's really no reason at this point to think he's a reach in the first round. He's got the production and physical ability for it.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Do you have any sources for that?

Not that I don't trust you. Your posts are always insightful and I fully believe you, but I must've been looking at the wrong Mocks then and I always like to find some more draftnicks to follow.
Rockmolder
10 years ago

I'm continually becoming more and more infatuated with Ra'shede Hageman . He's so big and has the long arms necessary to excel as a defensive end in a 3-4, or on the inside. I'm definitely going to be keeping my eye on him.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

If he falls to 21, there's no doubt in my mind we should take him... At this point. Maybe if he does horribly at the Combine that'll change. Can't imagine that happening, though.

At this time last year Kiper had the Packers taking Barrett Jones G/C Alabama

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 

Ah, yeah, I remember that hype. Didn't he go in the 4th?

I hate the BPA term. It is really BPAFP (Best player available for Packers). Need is always considered when ranking players. Players with more talent may be ranked lower than another if they play a position we don't need as bad. Ted's final board is a combination of so many factors.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Maybe it is, but it shouldn't. I truly believe that, maybe except for STs and QB, you always go BPA, taking into consideration positional value.

That's how the Giants build that ridiculous DE nucleous, that's how the Lions built that D-line and that's how we build our WR to start with. Maybe it looks like overkill at some points, but I'd rather have 3 elite DEs that I can rotate, than 2 elite DEs and a good ILB.

But I agree with you, we draft BPAFP, as you coined it. That's how a guy like Cordarelle Patterson wasn't drafted last year. Or, at least, I think. I obviously can't look at the Packers bigboard.
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago

That's how a guy like Cordarelle Patterson wasn't drafted last year. Or, at least, I think. I obviously can't look at the Packers bigboard.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

Our defense would be just as bad, and I can only imagine what people would be saying had we drafted a WR in the first round last year.

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10h) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (10h) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (16h) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.