nerdmann
10 years ago

To me it is a toss up, is it the lack of playmakers at safety or is it the lack of push of our DL? Both need a severe infusion of talent. To second Dakota's comment, how do some of these positional coaches still have a job? When a player like Raji regresses from a pro-bowl player to a waste of space (and not in a good way) where is the fire under his ass?

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

It's an enigma. But I'll tell you something. The way this team reports injuries, we just don't fucking know. He could have a compound fracture for all we know, but maybe he's just trying to play through it.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago
There's only 2 players top blame.

Aaron Rodgers and Clay Mathews.

These guys get the big bucks, then get hurt, now when ALMOST EVRYONE says The Packers only hope is to bring in veteran free agents, together they have handcuffed poor Ted Thompson, so he can't make a move even if he wanted.

Don't blame the guys who actually took the field every game, it's these candy-asses who can't stay healthy, especially the ones making the mega-bucks, that are the blame.

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

North Champions 3 years running, THE PACKERS STILL SUCK!!!!!!!

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DakotaT
10 years ago
Come on Buckeye, even your rah rah ass has to admit Raji has been sucking ass pretty bad out there for two seasons. And I really thought we had a player in him, cause he played so well in our title run. What a disappointment.
UserPostedImage
beast
10 years ago

Talent wise, we match up with any team in the league in all three phases.

And talk all you want about "not replacing Nick Collins." But the fact is, Ted GOT us Nick Collins. Once in a generation talent. What happened? Another sickening injury.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I agree with the idea probably not expecting another Collins, but disagree with the defense matching up with all other teams in the NFL.

Might not expect Collins type, but we got to see something better than we saw from Raji, Brad Jones, Perry and M.D. Jennings...

I think questions NEED to be asked (inside the Packers) on why Raji and Perry aren't doing better... Raji looks like he wants to follow the ball with his eyes at times (which that's with in it's self isn't a bad thing) but ends up watching by standing up too high in his stance and loses or is in neutral (which is bad) and it looks like he's giving less effort. Perry... just seems like the game hasn't slowed down mentally for him yet and what he has to mentally read. He need to get that fixed...

And I've been a huge Pickett fan, at times he's been the run clogging glue that was the only thing keeping the DL from breaking as they tried to bend but not break... but he's not getting any younger and he ether lost a step this year or was hurt... I know he was banged up but with his age you also have to think possible lost a step in his lateral movement which has been a strong point for him.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
10 years ago

We've been over this enough haven't we?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

yea we have. It was a slow day with nothing much happening int he world of football [grin1] so I here we are.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

We've been over this enough haven't we?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Certainly not because who has yet come up with a plausible answer that facilitates discussion towards a solution or resolution? Have you created such comment? No. Thus, we have not gone over it enough.

However, feel free to start another topic on another issue. We're waiting.

Meanwhile, the blame for the defense solely rests on Ted Thompson. I'm tired of the injuries excuse. Bring in men who are not soft and weak. Bring in men who can play hurt instead of whining about a damn thumb injury. Man up or go play baseball.
UserPostedImage
play2win
10 years ago
The stupid part of this entire discussion is the implied premise that one person or aspect of this team is at fault.

There is plenty of blame to go around. Ted. Mike. Dom. Lovat. Nearly every position coach on D. Saying it is one or the other misses the real mark.
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

Certainly not because who has yet come up with a plausible answer that facilitates discussion towards a solution or resolution? Have you created such comment? No. Thus, we have not gone over it enough.

However, feel free to start another topic on another issue. We're waiting.

Meanwhile, the blame for the defense solely rests on Ted Thompson. I'm tired of the injuries excuse. Bring in men who are not soft and weak. Bring in men who can play hurt instead of whining about a damn thumb injury. Man up or go play baseball.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

There's only so many AJ Hawks out there, they are hard to find, that's why when a GM gets ahold of one, he keeps them as long as he can.

[grin1]

I don't want to see The Packers organization turning into one like say The Browns, every few years(or sooner), there is a new GM and/or a new HC.

Veteran players look around, when they have a chance they want to go to a successful franchise that is stable from top to bottom.

The Packers are that right now, I guess the only problem is that our GM doesn't go after those same free Agents who might want to play in Green Bay.

2014 is a new year, may be some surprises, if not, The Packers are still pretty well stocked if guys don't go down with season endng injuries.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
luigis
10 years ago
As much as I love the picks of Lacy and Bakthiari I think the biggest problem we had in defense this season was the Datone Jones pick.
Getting a starter and solid player with ou first round pick is critical in the way of our team.

I'm not qualified to judge how bad this pick was but considering the players available and the needs our team had I believe this was a catastrophic mistake.

Luis
nerdmann
10 years ago

As much as I love the picks of Lacy and Bakthiari I think the biggest problem we had in defense this season was the Datone Jones pick.
Getting a starter and solid player with ou first round pick is critical in the way of our team.

I'm not qualified to judge how bad this pick was but considering the players available and the needs our team had I believe this was a catastrophic mistake.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

I personally HATED the pick at the time. I'm on record as having stated that.

But I'm not giving up on the dude. I don't think he "fits" the system, but they apparently like what they see. I am reserving judgement until I see him healthy.

According to the team, he sprained his ankle in the first preseason game. If you'll recall, he had what he calls a "kill shot" on the QB, and the OL tripped him. So if the team is reporting "sprained ankle," it's probably a compound fracture for all we know. I'm not gonna get down on the guy for playing with a compound fracture.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.