Mucky Tundra
10 years ago

Our defense needs to replace its lazy turd, old declining guy, and piece of dog shit that we trot out their and pass them off as capable starters in this league.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Raji, Pickett and Jennings? šŸ¤”
ā€œNah. I like having the island. Itā€™s pretty cool...not too many visitorsā€
UserPostedImage
"Iā€™ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
DakotaT
10 years ago

I'll leave the politics alone, since you wimped out of those discussions a long time ago, but on the football side:

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Nobody wimps out in political talk with you. They all just recognize your bat shit crazy stupid views and pass you off as incorrigible. I, on the other hand, am a tremendous glutton for punishment and am very stubborn. And of course - am never wrong. [grin1]
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Nobody wimps out in political talk with you. They all just recognize your bat shit crazy stupid views and pass you off as incorrigible. I, on the other hand, am a tremendous glutton for punishment and am very stubborn. And of course - am never wrong. [grin1]

yeah right - I applaud your effort - lame as it is.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago
I am glad we have all the answers right here on this forum.

A Note to whoever the hell is above Ted Thompson these days, still Mark Murphy?

Here is what needs to be done.

1. Fire Ted Thompson,according to some on here he doesn't have a clue anymore,and pretty much never did, he just got lucky 8 years ago,so why the hell is he still here?

2. Fire Dom Capers, sorry Ted Thompson has given you a bunch of bums to work with(according to our experts), but those are the breaks, get the hell out.

3. Fire Campen, no clue how he kept his job, doesn't matter The Packers finished #7 overall in rushing, and was still a top 5 passing offense while using 4 different QB's, according to our sources, the Offensive line pretty much sucked the whole year, so bye bye Campen!!!

3. Cut loose, A.J. Hawk, Ryan Pickett, Jarret Bush, Tramon Williams, John Kuhn and James Jones, these guys are old and can't play anymore.
Doesn't matter that Hawk and Pickett were there every game, trying to compensate for the lack of experienced players around them and one HUGE disappointment by the name of B.J. Raji.

Doesn't matter Bush and Williams had their best years since 2010, doesn't matter without Kuhn, The Packers would have never made the playoffs, and although Jones played through injuries and had his best year(yardage wise) yet, it doesn't matter,time for all of them to go.

No room for veterans on this team!!!!!!

4.Sign Sam Shields and Jarius Byrd, the rest of The Packers FA's haven't lived up to their potential, so let them go.

Mr. Murphy, whoever you decide to bring in, although by now it's pretty slim pickings, to be the new GM, whoever it is, he will be able to stock The Packers roster with whomever he wants, as long as they agree to come to Green Bay for minimum pay.

After Rodgers, Mathews, Shields and Byrd. there will be no money left to sign anyone else.

This should lead to a real exciting year in 2014 as we all watch The Packer Team we all wanted.

Because playing a bunch of 2nd and 3rd tier FA's along with a bunch of rookies and UFA's has always led to the right combinaton for a winning season.

Last but not least, EVERYONE IS REQUIRED TO GO THROUGH YOGA CLASSES!!!!!!!!
We all know that yoga is the solution to all the injuries!!!!

Either listen to us Mr. Murphy, or YOU CAN GET THE HELL OUT OF GREEN BAY ALSO!!!!

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DakotaT
10 years ago
Buckeye, maybe you have an explanation as to why our offense gets shackled down every time they play a physical defense? I mean we have a top ten offensive line according to "statistics". But then again, some of us realize that statistics are completely arbitrary against the competition you are playing, now aren't they? Our O-line is serviceable at best - only 1 possible All Pro in the group. I think it is becoming painfully obvious that we are becoming the Sherman Packers all over again. A team that buckles when it gets punched in the mouth.

You do have one thing right though - the Packers have too much $$$$ wrapped up in two players.

Also, why you insist on chastising some of us on our critiquing of sub-par play is beyond me, but it is a free country, for us Negative Nancy's as well as you Pom Pom Pollys.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
10 years ago

Indeed. I'd rather have a discussion with my dog. It would make more sense. But then again, he is a Labrador Retriever. šŸ™‚
nerdmann
10 years ago

Indeed. I'd rather have a discussion with my dog. It would make more sense. But then again, he is a Labrador Retriever. =)

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

I love Labs.
ā€œWinning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a whileā€¦you do them right all the time.ā€
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
10 years ago

Indeed. I'd rather have a discussion with my dog. It would make more sense. But then again, he is a Labrador Retriever. =)

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

alright Dodd this thread has ran its course. bring on the lab photos and chat. [grin1]
it would be more entertaining.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

I am glad we have all the answers right here on this forum.

A Note to whoever the hell is above Ted Thompson these days, still Mark Murphy?

Here is what needs to be done.

1. Fire Ted Thompson,according to some on here he doesn't have a clue anymore,and pretty much never did, he just got lucky 8 years ago,so why the hell is he still here?

2. Fire Dom Capers, sorry Ted Thompson has given you a bunch of bums to work with(according to our experts), but those are the breaks, get the hell out.

3. Fire Campen, no clue how he kept his job, doesn't matter The Packers finished #7 overall in rushing, and was still a top 5 passing offense while using 4 different QB's, according to our sources, the Offensive line pretty much sucked the whole year, so bye bye Campen!!!

3. Cut loose, A.J. Hawk, Ryan Pickett, Jarret Bush, Tramon Williams, John Kuhn and James Jones, these guys are old and can't play anymore.
Doesn't matter that Hawk and Pickett were there every game, trying to compensate for the lack of experienced players around them and one HUGE disappointment by the name of B.J. Raji.

Doesn't matter Bush and Williams had their best years since 2010, doesn't matter without Kuhn, The Packers would have never made the playoffs, and although Jones played through injuries and had his best year(yardage wise) yet, it doesn't matter,time for all of them to go.

No room for veterans on this team!!!!!!

4.Sign Sam Shields and Jarius Byrd, the rest of The Packers FA's haven't lived up to their potential, so let them go.

Mr. Murphy, whoever you decide to bring in, although by now it's pretty slim pickings, to be the new GM, whoever it is, he will be able to stock The Packers roster with whomever he wants, as long as they agree to come to Green Bay for minimum pay.

After Rodgers, Mathews, Shields and Byrd. there will be no money left to sign anyone else.

This should lead to a real exciting year in 2014 as we all watch The Packer Team we all wanted.

Because playing a bunch of 2nd and 3rd tier FA's along with a bunch of rookies and UFA's has always led to the right combinaton for a winning season.

Last but not least, EVERYONE IS REQUIRED TO GO THROUGH YOGA CLASSES!!!!!!!!
We all know that yoga is the solution to all the injuries!!!!

Either listen to us Mr. Murphy, or YOU CAN GET THE HELL OUT OF GREEN BAY ALSO!!!!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

As fans, it is our right and our freedom to state what we feel needs to be changed. Do any of us really feel we are smarter than those in charge? Sure we do, hiding behind our screens we feel super macho, but you put any one of us in the hot seat of making these decisions ... these decisions that dictate whether we can continue to provide for our family and I bet a good deal of us would buckle massively under the pressure.

It's no different than us saying "we can make a 30 yard field goal every time!!" or "I could have caught that pass!!! wow you suck!!" ... fact of the matter is if we could, we would be doing it and raking six or seven figures annually.

As for whats wrong with the defense. It's the players, they are too young and green. They play scared to make a mistake instead of eager to make a play.

UserPostedImage
play2win
10 years ago

As fans, it is our right and our freedom to state what we feel needs to be changed. Do any of us really feel we are smarter than those in charge? Sure we do, hiding behind our screens we feel super macho, but you put any one of us in the hot seat of making these decisions ... these decisions that dictate whether we can continue to provide for our family and I bet a good deal of us would buckle massively under the pressure.

It's no different than us saying "we can make a 30 yard field goal every time!!" or "I could have caught that pass!!! wow you suck!!" ... fact of the matter is if we could, we would be doing it and raking six or seven figures annually.

As for whats wrong with the defense. It's the players, they are too young and green. They play scared to make a mistake instead of eager to make a play.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

All the more reason to add a veteran presence on D, maybe two. Players who are top talents that know the game and have the experience. They know how to prepare, how to commit themselves to film study, and how to break down an opponent's intentions in real time before the snap.

I think this is exactly what Tramon Williams was alluding to when he said we are too young. Many of our players are learning the way from other young, inexperienced players, looking to win a job. This, to me, is a big flaw in the D & D system. You can't keep stacking young draftees and UDFAs onto your team and expect them to rise to the top, without solid veterans to show them the way.

Brad Jones would be considered a veteran player, so is MD Jennings in Capers' eyes. Both players are not very good players at their respective positions. And, now we have other young talents hoping to win a job away from players like this, players who simply don't get the job done to varying degrees. So, how high is the bar then?

Ted needs to add two top talents to our D. S and OLB would be perfect positions to add them, and rather than waste precious cap dollars retaining our own players who are part of the problem, just because they are ours, we should be looking for better options and doing everything we can to sign them, including cutting away the poor decisions we have made previously, even if we have to take a cap hit. Cut our losses, and add better talent through all the means at our disposal: FA, trade and the draft.

Brad Jones $12M over 3 years
Morgan Burnett $24M over 4 years

In hindsight, those are looking like some pretty big miscues in cap management and player procurement. Neither player is living up to his contract. Looking back, I didn't expect Burnett to fall off the face of the earth at SS. I wonder where he ranks in the NFL...

Ted offered $8M per year to BJ Raji. That appears to have been a big mistake, one that we are not suffering for because Raji turned it down. We got lucky, but I wonder still if he won't be re-signed.

Mistakes have been made, no doubt. Time to right the ship.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (5h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (8h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (9h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (19h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? šŸ„ŗ I think that means you missed more than half of them šŸ˜¢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead šŸ¤Ŗ
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.