MintBaconDrivel
10 years ago

If you watched the Pro Bowl on Sunday night, you might have heard about a streaker who ran on the field late in the fourth quarter.

Now we know a little bit more about the situation.

The streaker was a 23-year-old woman named Katrina Torres. KHON2 News in Hawaii caught up with her Monday and got her side of the story.

First, let's look at pictures of her in action. Here she is feeling confident before streaking:

And here she sprinting onto the field after the AFC scored a TD:

And here she is body-bumping with Baltimore Ravens offensive lineman Marshall Yanda.

Torres told KHON2 News that she did it as a tribute to her cousin, Gary, who was paralyzed in a motorcycle accident two years ago. She said his dream was to go to the Pro Bowl and that he was supposed to go this year but the trip would have been too difficult.

Here's her breakdown of the moment when she jumped on the field:

"They made the touchdown and all of the security turned to look and I just jumped over the wall and once I hit the ground I knew I wasn't going to stop," she told KHON2 News. "I just kept running."

She said her cousin was watching back home in New Mexico and loved it.

"He can't talk but he was just smiling a lot and just like, fist-pumping," she said. "As soon as he saw me jump his face just lit up and he was fist-pumping and stuff. That just made it so worth it for me."

Torres said she wasn't arrested for her actions. Why? Deion Sanders came to the rescue when he saw the cops taking her off the field.

"Deion Sanders comes running behind saying 'Don't arrest her,' that was really cool," Torres told KHON2 News. "'If you arrest her, I'm gonna bail her right out.'"

While Torres wasn't arrested, she has been banned from Aloha Stadium for one year.

Source  wrote:

texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
STREAKING sure ain't what it used to be back in the day.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
gbguy20
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

now a days if you get caught actually streaking you get labeled a sex offender and it ruins your whole life. I'm assuming thats why its not what it used to be.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

I guess that is why some put the word streaking in quotes.

As for Sanders talking the cops out of arresting her, shame on them for listening. He doesn't have the authority to tell them not to. If he wants to bail her out after the game he was free to do so. She trespassed and should be held accountable for her actions.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

I guess that is why some put the word streaking in quotes.

As for Sanders talking the cops out of arresting her, shame on them for listening. He doesn't have the authority to tell them not to. If he wants to bail her out after the game he was free to do so. She trespassed and should be held accountable for her actions.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I didn't catch that authorities had intentions to arrest her and were solely persuaded not to by Deion Sanders intervention. When you're arrested, it's not a timeout, you have to be charged with something. To my understanding, police can't just throw you in jail because they feel you're being naughty. They have to have just cause.

I don't care for Deion saying what she did was "cool". There are many more ways to show your cousin that you love them than running onto a football field interrupting a game. I don't think it was cool, not cool at all, but I also don't believe it's worthy of being arrested or catching a case for it. I think Deion saying it was cool could indirectly entice others to be "cool" in the future.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago
We call that the Pussy Pass.

If a dude did that, he goes directly to jail. Does not pass GO, does not collect $200.00.

Anybody got that Seinfeld clip of George as naked bodysuit man? lol
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

I didn't catch that authorities had intentions to arrest her and were solely persuaded not to by Deion Sanders intervention. When you're arrested, it's not a timeout, you have to be charged with something. To my understanding, police can't just throw you in jail because they feel you're being naughty. They have to have just cause.

I don't care for Deion saying what she did was "cool". There are many more ways to show your cousin that you love them than running onto a football field interrupting a game. I don't think it was cool, not cool at all, but I also don't believe it's worthy of being arrested or catching a case for it. I think Deion saying it was cool could indirectly entice others to be "cool" in the future.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Have you NEVER gone to a professional sporting event? (Yes I know you have.) Before during and after every one of them the announcer tells the fans not to go on the field as it is against city ordinances and the violators will be prosecuted.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Have you NEVER gone to a professional sporting event? (Yes I know you have.) Before during and after every one of them the announcer tells the fans not to go on the field as it is against city ordinances and the violators will be prosecuted.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

That doesn't answer the question. Did the authorities have intentions of arresting the "streaker" and were persuaded by Deion Sanders? I haven't read or heard anything like that. All people are doing is assuming Deion's words did the trick. That's wrong to do without more information.

And I have never once heard that and I've been to a lot of events. Perhaps I don't hear it because I have no intentions of doing it? Well, now that I know Deion "Prime Time" Sanderse thinks its cool, I might be running on to the rink when I take the girls to Disney On Ice in a few weeks.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

That doesn't answer the question. Did the authorities have intentions of arresting the "streaker" and were persuaded by Deion Sanders? I haven't read or heard anything like that. All people are doing is assuming Deion's words did the trick. That's wrong to do without more information.

And I have never once heard that and I've been to a lot of events. Perhaps I don't hear it because I have no intentions of doing it? Well, now that I know Deion "Prime Time" Sanderse thinks its cool, I might be running on to the rink when I take the girls to Disney On Ice in a few weeks.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You are correct. We don't have a specific statement from the Chief of Police that his men were planning on arresting her. We don't have a statement from the officers who were taking her away.

What we do have is common knowledge that more times than not people who trespass are arrested. We have her statement:

Torres said she wasn't arrested for her actions. Why? Deion Sanders came to the rescue when he saw the cops taking her off the field.

I would ASSUME, and that is bad to do, as they were walking away that they were telling her that she was going be arrested.

No concrete evidence. Just empirical.
UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
10 years ago
She should be charged.

Not Cool.. And not right to glorify this. Not charging her makes security less concerned about the next field runner.

Next time it could be someone running into a huddle with a pipe bomb rolled into a flag and the words "I did it for Allah" painted on their back.

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Fan Shout
dfosterf (43m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (57m) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (4h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (18h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
46m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.