Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 8:37:17 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 685
Applause Received: 1,402

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post

This team was far better than it seemed this season.


This team was a fricken train wreck this season, but the Cowboy, Bears, and playoff 49er game - they showed a lot of character.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 1/31/2014(UTC), Mucky Tundra on 1/31/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 8:54:25 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Hall of Famer

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,784
Applause Received: 674

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
This team was a fricken train wreck this season, but the Cowboy, Bears, and playoff 49er game - they showed a lot of character.


If Rodgers doesn't go down, they win 12 games.

If they had Flynn as soon as he became available, they go at least .500 during that time.

Either way, they're not even playing WildCard weekend.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 8:58:13 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: Pro Bowl

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 494
Applause Received: 305

Nice to see that the bulk of the emphasis here is on personnel rather than coaching.

Obviously, as long as we have Aaron Rodgers, we will be a contender; Obviously, injuries messed us up severely, although I would attribute that to bad luck more than anything else.

How much improvement is needed depends a lot on how things go with the other quality teams in the NFC and the league in general. It's not out of the question we could get to and win the Super Bowl with not much more than we have - if healthy - and what we can be expected to get in the draft. To become the super team we all crave for, however, we need more than we can realistically hope to add in one off-season.

In order of priority, IMO, we need a quality Safety to pair with Burnett, an athletic tough ILB to pair as a starter with either Hawk or Lattimore, help at OT - unless Bulaga and Sherrod BOTH suddenly shape up and play like first rounders. I think we could stand pat at G and C, considering various other needs. I think we also can stand pat at TE. Quarless, honestly, impressed me more than Finley when he was healthy, and Bostick and/or Stoneburner have a lot of potential as receivers - considering who is throwing it to them. I also think we could stand pat on the D Line. Just getting rid of the fat slobs Raji and Pickett will do wonders. I really don't want to use a high draft pick for some other possible Raji clone who just might show toughness - but probably not. I'd rather have the mobility of Daniels or Worthy rotate at NT and DE, with Boyd available for the occasional need for more bulk. I still have hope that a healthy Datone Jones will be something special at DE; I think Neal, if we keep him at all, would be better used at DE. Ideally, we get another pass rushing OLB, but considering the higher priority needs, we may need to take a chance that Perry or Mulumba can be the bookend we need.

The most direct route to improvement would be a quality free agent cover Safety - Byrd if healthy, Ward, or somebody similar, and draft the best ILB available - Borland or better. Other than that, it's just reinforcement of what we've got.

Message modified by user Friday, January 31, 2014 8:33:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Wade  
#19 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 8:45:22 AM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 693
Applause Received: 725

I'm glad others are more optimistic than I am.

But, compared to this time a year ago, I just don't see it.

Position by position, as I see the roster going into the free agency period:

Offense:
WR -- surprisingly, no change. I thought Jennings loss would be bigger, but Bostick stepped up.
TE -- also a surprise. improvement.
RB -- clearly the major accomplishment of the year with Lacy. One draft pick I am really glad to have been really wrong about.
QB -- same. The one place where, IMO, an injury explanation holds. On the other hand, I and others have been pointing out for years that with the Packers OL, its a real risk to happen again. Because:
OT, OG, C -- no change. I thought Newhouse would finally step up, but was not to be; I was wrong there. OTOH, I fail to understand the great optimism re: Bahktiari. He showed me virtually nothing to warrant it. And I've never been as sold on Bulaga or Lang as other people. EDS showed as serviceable long term player, but overall I see no grounds for thinking this unit has any more going for it than it did a year ago. I thought it was (excluding Sitton) a mediocre/serviceable unit then, and I think it is a mediocre/serviceable unit now. Same possible unproven potential as before. Until it gets better, I expect to lose Rodgers for some games every year.
Backups: QB slightly better, RB slightly better prosects, TE wash, WR wash, OL no change.
Overall: better because of Lacy.

Defense:
DT: Weaker. I've been a Pickett fan forever. But, alas, I think he declined last year. And as for Raji, well, it's past time. I don't know whether Daniels should be considered DT or DE at this point, but I've always put him at DT and so does the Packers roster list, so I'll put him there. And he was a real positive, one of very few on the defensive side last year. So Daniels a big up; Pickett a down and Raji a down, so I'd say weaker overall, since this is a position that needs rotation during games.
DE: No change. Boyd -- flashes suggesting cautious optimism warranted. Jones -- I didn't like the pick, and I'm still underwhelmed. The rest -- bleh.
OLB: No change. Didn't like the Perry pick, still don't. Matthews, injuries notwithstanding, still IMO is a stud. The rest -- same potential, different year.
ILB: Slight improvement, but still mediocre. Improvement: Lighter Hawk looked better; Lattimore definitely looked better. Jones -- don't know if he belongs here or at OLB; regardless, looked, if anything, more underwhelming.
CB: Same. Hyde this year's pleasant surprise after last year's pleasant surprise of Hayward. OTOH, Hayward was disappointing -- I didn't like the draft pick two years ago, last year I thought I was wrong about the pick, and now, well I don't know what to think of the guy anymore. (Since this "before free agency" assessment, I'm counting Shields as still there. If Shields is lost, this position takes a major hit.)
S: Worse. McMillian didn't even last the year and MD Jennings looked worse; a year ago, he still seemed, to me anyway, to offer some potential. Not as optimistic about Burnett either. Richardson -- more optimistic, because with the injury frankly I never expected anything from him before.
Depth? Only at CB and even there it could be better.
Overall: Worse.

Special teams:
P Same. Masthay still a stud.
K Better. But I was never really that down on Crosby, despite last year.
PR/KR: Okay. I'm not as gungho on Hyde as some, but he's good enough for my taste. Blocking still leaves something to be desired IMO.
Punt/kick coverage: Jarrett Bush still a stud. Rest -- ho hum to mediocre.
Overall: Same.

A healthy Rodgers can carry this team into the playoffs. But even he isn't enough to carry it to the level of serious Super Bowl contender.

I've been harping on OL so long, I find it hard to get enthusiastic about this or that players "potential improvement/growth" or "return from injury" anymore. Much as I like Lacy and much as he is my kind of Jim Taylor/John Brockington-type back, that kind of back behind a mediocre line takes a even more horrible pounding. Taylor lasted longer, but he had an all-world OL; Brockington, well he had three great years and then fell off.

And, the defense to me is getting worse, not better.

If I thought Thompson might be more risk-taking in free agency rather than gambling the entire hand on draft-and-develop-potential, I might be optimistic. But I'll believe that is a possibility when I see it.

Sorry, but the Pickett and Woodson examples are no longer credible examples that Ted Thompson is interested in playing anything other than bargain-basement and third-tier free agency. Both are among my all time favorite Packers, but both were 8 frigging years ago. Two major free agent acquisitions in 9 years -- that is not, IMO, a serious commitment.

I'm sorry, but the "at least he's not Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones" doesn't make it for me. There's a helluva middle ground between those two and where Thompson operates in free agency -- where most of the other 27 teams operate. Saying "would you rather have Snyder?" as a affirmation of Ted Thompson's approach to the draft is almost as bad as saying "would you rather have Bush" as a justification for voting for Obama. I don't want either of those bastards for President and I don't want the Packers to choose between "virtually no major free agent action" and "moronic billionaire buy every big ticket player".

The Packers are closer to serious Super Bowl contention than I am to getting out of debt, but not a whole lot closer.

Hell, no, I'm not optimistic.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
thanks Post received 4 applause.
wpr on 1/31/2014(UTC), RaiderPride on 1/31/2014(UTC), yooperfan on 2/1/2014(UTC), SINCITYCHEEZE on 2/1/2014(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#20 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 9:11:37 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: Pro Bowl

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 494
Applause Received: 305

Good Analysis, Wade. I'm pretty sure you meant Boykin at WR instead of Bostick. I agree about the O Line, especially the lack of positivity so many have for Bakhtiari. Ditto for Bulaga last year anyway. As for D, I'm still hopeful for Datone Jones, but I share your pessimism for Perry. I disagree with you on Hayward - still good hope if he can stay healthy, and Richardson - I saw nothing good in him.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Wade  
#21 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 10:08:38 AM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 693
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Good Analysis, Wade. I'm pretty sure you meant Boykin at WR instead of Bostick. I agree about the O Line, especially the lack of positivity so many have for Bakhtiari. Ditto for Bulaga last year anyway. As for D, I'm still hopeful for Datone Jones, but I share your pessimism for Perry. I disagree with you on Hayward - still good hope if he can stay healthy, and Richardson - I saw nothing good in him.


I did mean Boykin, yes. Thanks for the correction.

Re: Jones, OL, et al...I guess I'm just tired of hearing the same "potential" and "develop" and "grow" predictions every year.

And I just can't buy it anymore, especially on the OL.

Spitz, Moll, Colledge, Barbre, Giancomini, etc etc etc etc etc etc., Bulaga, Bakhtiari, and whoever they draft this year in the sixth round. It just gets old.



And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline wpr  
#22 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 10:49:43 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,232
Applause Received: 1,554

nice summary Wade.
UserPostedImage
Offline DoddPower  
#23 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 2:04:05 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 2,169
Applause Received: 547

Wade being pessimistic? Neeeever. I just can't believe it.

Other than perhaps a few teams, the Packers will be as good as any other team in the NFL. True, the Seahawks, 49'ers, and Broncos MIGHT be better next season, but beyond that, the Packers will be as good or better than the other teams on any given Sunday. That's pretty good. Packer fans should expect more, but realistically, it's hard to ask for much more. As weak as some areas of the team may be, Aaron Rodgers and Eddie Lacy will compensate for many of those weaknesses. Will that be enough to win another Super Bowl? Maybe not, but it's possible. All the Packers have to do to have a chance is keep Rodgers healthy, and improve slightly in a few areas. Those are very realistic goals. The 49'ers playoff game this year was a perfect example. The Packers competed the entire game, but just lost. Things could bounce differently next time.

Things could be better in Packer land, but they certainly could be much, much worse.
Offline nerdmann  
#24 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 3:31:09 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Hall of Famer

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,784
Applause Received: 674

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post

Offense:
WR -- surprisingly, no change. I thought Jennings loss would be bigger, but Boykin stepped up.
TE -- also a surprise. improvement.
RB -- clearly the major accomplishment of the year with Lacy. One draft pick I am really glad to have been really wrong about.
QB -- same. The one place where, IMO, an injury explanation holds. On the other hand, I and others have been pointing out for years that with the Packers OL, its a real risk to happen again. Because:
OT, OG, C -- no change. I thought Newhouse would finally step up, but was not to be; I was wrong there. OTOH, I fail to understand the great optimism re: Bahktiari. He showed me virtually nothing to warrant it. And I've never been as sold on Bulaga or Lang as other people. EDS showed as serviceable long term player, but overall I see no grounds for thinking this unit has any more going for it than it did a year ago. I thought it was (excluding Sitton) a mediocre/serviceable unit then, and I think it is a mediocre/serviceable unit now. Same possible unproven potential as before. Until it gets better, I expect to lose Rodgers for some games every year.
Backups: QB slightly better, RB slightly better prosects, TE wash, WR wash, OL no change.
Overall: better because of Lacy.


Wow, Bakhtiari showed you NOTHING? He came is as a rookie, weighting under 300lbs and held up, all year. Was he pro bowl level? NO. But he held up, and with an offseason in the program, he should be able to bulk up plenty. Dude with a 4th rounder, who played better at LT than the top pick overall and the one shortly thereafter did at RT. And did so as the starter for the entire year.

EDS has shown he could get it done at an adequate level. Which is to say, he surprised me. Tretter might beat him out, but EDS can play.

Lang had a great year too. The only really off-year he's had was his second year, when he couldn't life during the offseason, due to a wrist injury. And Bulaga is as solid as anyone. Sherrod's really the only question mark. Sherrod and Tretter. But we're definitely getting stronger at this position, no question.


Quote:

Defense:
DT: Weaker. I've been a Pickett fan forever. But, alas, I think he declined last year. And as for Raji, well, it's past time. I don't know whether Daniels should be considered DT or DE at this point, but I've always put him at DT and so does the Packers roster list, so I'll put him there. And he was a real positive, one of very few on the defensive side last year. So Daniels a big up; Pickett a down and Raji a down, so I'd say weaker overall, since this is a position that needs rotation during games.
DE: No change. Boyd -- flashes suggesting cautious optimism warranted. Jones -- I didn't like the pick, and I'm still underwhelmed. The rest -- bleh.


Boyd is a NT is he not? He's played well, and seems to have potential. I agree about Pickett, and Raji definitely has underwhelmed. DL needs some depth. I'd say we're weaker here. Jolly should be back, though.

I'm a little disappointed with Datone Jones, and I didn't like the pick at the time. LOL. I was saying IF GENO SMITH FALLS, GO GET HIM TED! Haha, but I still like Datone. I'm reserving judgement, and I do believe he'll be fine. Still overall, the DL needs to get stronger.



Quote:

OLB: No change. Didn't like the Perry pick, still don't. Matthews, injuries notwithstanding, still IMO is a stud. The rest -- same potential, different year.


This position is frustrating. Perry needs to prove he can get healthy. Then he needs to prove he can stay that way. Neal needs to show he can play. Just another tweener on a team full of guys who don't fit their prototypes. Be nice of Nate Palmer shows he can play.
I don't think we're weaker here. Palmer and Neal with have a year of experience.


Quote:

ILB: Slight improvement, but still mediocre. Improvement: Lighter Hawk looked better; Lattimore definitely looked better. Jones -- don't know if he belongs here or at OLB; regardless, looked, if anything, more underwhelming.
CB: Same. Hyde this year's pleasant surprise after last year's pleasant surprise of Hayward. OTOH, Hayward was disappointing -- I didn't like the draft pick two years ago, last year I thought I was wrong about the pick, and now, well I don't know what to think of the guy anymore. (Since this "before free agency" assessment, I'm counting Shields as still there. If Shields is lost, this position takes a major hit.)


Hayward was disappointing because of training issues, not because of his skills as a player. Huge difference. Not like he came out there and stunk up the joint. The key at this position is health.
It'd be nice if House took some yoga lessons and gained some fluidity in his hips. He's a bit mechanical. Also, he's the latest DB who needs to make the decision that he's willing to tackle. Dude has made some great plays in coverage, but he's also given up big plays. I think we're still ok here. Tramon's a year older. Shields may or may not be back...


Quote:

S: Worse. McMillian didn't even last the year and MD Jennings looked worse; a year ago, he still seemed, to me anyway, to offer some potential. Not as optimistic about Burnett either. Richardson -- more optimistic, because with the injury frankly I never expected anything from him before.
Depth? Only at CB and even there it could be better.
Overall: Worse.


This position is definitely worse. McMillian shit on his career, and MD Jennings proved that he can't play. On the plus side, those were two experiments that have proven to NOT work. So at least now we know we need to look elsewhere.


Quote:

Sorry, but the Pickett and Woodson examples are no longer credible examples that Ted Thompson is interested in playing anything other than bargain-basement and third-tier free agency. Both are among my all time favorite Packers, but both were 8 frigging years ago. Two major free agent acquisitions in 9 years -- that is not, IMO, a serious commitment.


What about guys like James Jones? Ted doesn't get credit for signing his own. Finley too. Then there's DuJuan Harris, who might turn out to be a pretty significant acquisition.

Bottom line for me is, Packers need to do SOMETHING about all the injuries. It's costing this franchise, year after year.

Message modified by user Friday, January 31, 2014 8:30:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline luigis  
#25 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 4:22:50 PM(UTC)
luigis

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 96
Applause Received: 98

I believe you need 3 things:

- A francjise QB (check)
- Some luck
- The right path to reach the SB

Some teams are better prepared to defeat some other teams. Some coaches fit better against some others.

In 2010 we drawed Phily, Atlanta and Chicago. We could defeat those teams and we still can.
San Francisco and the Giants are teams that we can't defeat.

I'm sure we would have defeated Carolina this year, too bad we had San Francisco in the middle.
Luis
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DakotaT on 1/31/2014(UTC), DoddPower on 2/1/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#26 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 5:29:53 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Hall of Famer

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,784
Applause Received: 674

Originally Posted by: luigis Go to Quoted Post
I believe you need 3 things:

- A francjise QB (check)
- Some luck
- The right path to reach the SB

Some teams are better prepared to defeat some other teams. Some coaches fit better against some others.

In 2010 we drawed Phily, Atlanta and Chicago. We could defeat those teams and we still can.
San Francisco and the Giants are teams that we can't defeat.

I'm sure we would have defeated Carolina this year, too bad we had San Francisco in the middle.


We've beaten the Giants before.

As for the Niners, they fear us now, and they should. Last second FG? Two defensive starters down on the first drive? No way they take us lightly.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 2/1/2014(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#27 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 8:30:01 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 382
Applause Received: 475


Tramon Williams signs extension.(or cut him)

Sign Sam Shields to 4 yr deal(this is a must if Williams refuses to sign an extension)

Can't lose them both.

O-line-fine, plenty of deoth(say goodbye to EDS)

Te's fine(if Quarless is resigned)(say goodbye to Finley)

Rb's/Fb's fine(as long a Kuhn is resigned)(say good bye to James Starks)

Qb's fine (as long as Ted resigns Matt Flynn)

WR's fine (say goodbye to James Jones) A mistake IMO, but Ted knows better than me.

D-line need help(especially if Jolly and Pickett are not resigned)(say goodby to Raji)

(those "old slow fat-asses" as they have been described by some of this forums football geniuses, are needed back 1 more year to transition The Boyd's and Jones's on The Packers roster).

Packers will not sniff a SB without Jolly and Pickett back 1 more year.

LBr's fine, plenty of depth as long as they stay healthy(say goodbye to Lattimore and Francois)

CB's already adressed this at top, Packers will be set if Williams and Shields are both back, plenty of young deoth. Ted loses 1 , then Paxckers are in trouble, they lose both, forget about any SB run.

S need help, Richardson and Burnette can be solid starters(when healthy and play up to their potential), but no depth after that.

Ted will not change his philosphy of draft and develope.

Therefor any talk of a high-priced FA coming to The Packers is pretty much just that TALK.
#1 Packers can't afford it
#2 Not Teds way.

All likelyhood Ted will Turn his 7 picks into 10 or 11(which i think is a mistake).
He will draft 2 S'afeties , 2 - TE's, 2 d-linemn, a RB, a WR, an OT, a LBr, and a QB.

7 of these guys will nake the final 53 man roster, and The Packers will once again hope the Vets stay healthy or these players will be thown into the fire way before they are ready.

The Packers will make a run at The SupeBowl in 2014 if less than 3 starters end up on IR, and none of them are named Rodgers or Mathews.






Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#28 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 8:44:36 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: Pro Bowl

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 494
Applause Received: 305

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Tramon Williams signs extension.(or cut him)

Sign Sam Shields to 4 yr deal(this is a must if Williams refuses to sign an extension)

Can't lose them both.

O-line-fine, plenty of deoth(say goodbye to EDS)

Te's fine(if Quarless is resigned)(say goodbye to Finley)

Rb's/Fb's fine(as long a Kuhn is resigned)(say good bye to James Starks)

Qb's fine (as long as Ted resigns Matt Flynn)

WR's fine (say goodbye to James Jones) A mistake IMO, but Ted knows better than me.

D-line need help(especially if Jolly and Pickett are not resigned)(say goodby to Raji)

(those "old slow fat-asses" as they have been described by some of this forums football geniuses, are needed back 1 more year to transition The Boyd's and Jones's on The Packers roster).

Packers will not sniff a SB without Jolly and Pickett back 1 more year.

LBr's fine, plenty of depth as long as they stay healthy(say goodbye to Lattimore and Francois)

CB's already adressed this at top, Packers will be set if Williams and Shields are both back, plenty of young deoth. Ted loses 1 , then Paxckers are in trouble, they lose both, forget about any SB run.

S need help, Richardson and Burnette can be solid starters(when healthy and play up to their potential), but no depth after that.

Ted will not change his philosphy of draft and develope.

Therefor any talk of a high-priced FA coming to The Packers is pretty much just that TALK.
#1 Packers can't afford it
#2 Not Teds way.

All likelyhood Ted will Turn his 7 picks into 10 or 11(which i think is a mistake).
He will draft 2 S'afeties , 2 - TE's, 2 d-linemn, a RB, a WR, an OT, a LBr, and a QB.

7 of these guys will nake the final 53 man roster, and The Packers will once again hope the Vets stay healthy or these players will be thown into the fire way before they are ready.

The Packers will make a run at The SupeBowl in 2014 if less than 3 starters end up on IR, and none of them are named Rodgers or Mathews.



All I can say is I HOPE you are wrong about how Thompson handles things on about a dozen counts. I don't like what the guy has done with the team, but I give him more credit than most of the shit you are talking about - both prediction and wishes.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#29 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 8:59:48 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 382
Applause Received: 475

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
All I can say is I HOPE you are wrong about how Thompson handles things on about a dozen counts. I don't like what the guy has done with the team, but I give him more credit than most of the shit you are talking about - both prediction and wishes.



Untill Ted proves me wrong, I'll stick by what I said.

You say it's shit, might be, but I'm not afraid to put it down and be wrong.

The question was what did The Packers need to do to make a SB run, the simple answer is "stay healthy", but the variables going into this offseason are the 18 Fa's currently on the roster.

Who to keep, who to let go, and how replace those that leave.

You don't like my answer, fine, move on.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline Zero2Cool  
#30 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 9:28:52 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,988
Applause Received: 2,283

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Why do you go completely out of your way to be a sniveling little pussy? Usually a dude likes to be masculine. We all know what you really think about this subject.

I don't think we will be sniffing a Super Bowl until we develop a solid Dline and acquire a much better safety to team up with Burnett. Why they didn't use Hyde more at safety this season is confusing.



Michael P. Watson wrote:
Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.



"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 2/1/2014(UTC)
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
6 Pages<1234>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / RaiderPride

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy

18-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dulak

18-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / Porforis

18-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / luigis

17-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / Rockmolder

17-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / dyeah_gb

17-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

17-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / Gilligan


Tweeter