steveishere
10 years ago
Lol no matter what happens they probably wont win a superbowl next year. They are not really very far away from any other team either. Sure they could use some improvement but yeah its panic to expect any big changes to drastically improve the chances of winning the superbowl.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Lol no matter what happens they probably wont win a superbowl next year. They are not really very far away from any other team either. Sure they could use some improvement but yeah its panic to expect any big changes to drastically improve the chances of winning the superbowl.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

While I do not advocate giving up a higher pick next year for a lower round selection this year, it is not "panicking" to sit around in the off season and talk about the various options that are available no matter how unlikely they are.

Trading Aaron for 3 firsts this year is panicking. Well for 2 firsts and a second would be. Otherwise it is just talking.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
10 years ago

(grumble mumble grumble)

Never mind.

(mumble grumble mumble)

Originally Posted by: Wade 

After 5 years, you finally took a hint - no more sermonitis. [grin1]

Love ya Wade, feel free to bore the shit out of me anytime.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago
Ted is not going to trade away future picks.

I would love to see Ted end up with 4 - 2nd round picks in this draft.

Choosing 21st in the draft does not guarantee an "impact player", one who steps into the lineup right away.

There are 2 teams without a 1st rnd pick Washington (#3) and Indianapolis (#26).

Would be great if Washington coveted a player that was available at 21.

Ted could probably get their 2nd and their 3rd rnd pick, only dropping 13 spots in the draft.

That would give The Packers #34 and #53 along with #66(wash 3rd).

I would then like to see Ted trade our 3rd pick(#85) and 4th pick(#117) to a team like St. Louis for their 2nd rnd pick(#44)

Then Ted can trade Washington's 3rd(#66), The Packers 5th and 6th rnd picks to a team like New England for their 2nd rnd pick(#62).

That would give The Packers the #34, #44, #53, and #62 picks along with their 2 picks for Jennings and Walden (estimated 4th and 6th) along with their 7th rnd.

Am I dreaming, yep, but I truly don't want to see Ted turn his 7 regular picks into 11 like last year.

As always happens, players under contract for The Packers who are not "mega-stars" are undervalued and players drafted and brought in as UDFA's are overvalued.

I'm not one to panic, no guarantees in The NFL, and no do-overs.

To get draft order for 1st 3 rnds I pulled the 1st 3rnd mock draft I found, these names will definately change, but here is the list of players they had going in the 2nd rnd, I see plenty of help for The Packers from 4 of these players.
Plenty of db's, lbr's and te's to chose from.

Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia, Sr., Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida, Jr., Su'a-Filo, OG, UCLA, Jr.,
Odell Beckham Jr., WR, LSU, Jr., Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington, Jr., Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon St., Jr.,Scott Crichton, OLB/DE, Oregon St., Jr., Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford, Sr.,

Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio St., Jr., Trevor Reilly, OLB, Utah, Sr., Jason Verrett, CB, TCU, Sr.,
Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt, Sr., Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU, Jr., Lamarcus Joyner, CB, Florida St., Sr., Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio St., Jr., Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas, Sr., Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU, Sr., Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi St., Sr., Jimmie Ward, S, Northern Illinois, Sr.,

Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas, Sr., Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame, Jr., Ed Reynolds, S, Stanford, Jr.,
Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech, Sr., Weston Richburg, C, Colorado St., Sr., Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor, Sr., Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee, Jr., Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford, Sr.,

Deone Bucannon, S, Washington St., Sr., Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, Nebraska, Sr., DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn St., Sr., Louchiez Purifoy, CB, Florida, Jr., Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado, Jr.

Now all that needs to happen is for Ted, The Redskins, The Rams and The Patriots to read this and agree with me and make it happen.

😄 😄
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
play2win
10 years ago

"Wanting" the team to do something and "expecting" them to do something are entirely different. LOL. Snark. [mfing]

How do you feel about that steveishere? About "no matter what happens they probably won't win a super bowl next year?" The team is that far out of the mix, isn't it? That is precisely my point.

I want the Packers to do their homework, find the players that will put them into contention, keep the players they have healthy, and for the coaches to put them into the best possible positions for success. I want them to contend.

I happen to think if they really tried, they could legitimately contend THIS year. And, if they can do that, they will again next year, and probably the year after. Rodgers has about a 3-5 year window left to add a SB win or two. Why wait hopefully for the draft & develop stars to align, in two, or three, or four years?

You clearly have no confidence that they will win it this year. Next year? If we keep making the same mistakes, how will next year be any different, and the one after that? Was 2013 any different from 2012? I mean, other than being worse?

And, really???? "They are not really very far away from any other team either?" Are you F'ing kidding me? What did you not see last season, or the season before? We beat NOT A SINGLE TEAM WITH A WINNING RECORD! None.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef 

Yeah, we're not far away at all… [duh]
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Keep in mind the Packers are presumably getting back Sherrod, Bulaga, Worthy, Hayward, and CM3 who all spent significant time in the training room in 2013

You have another year of Boyd, D. Jones, Daniels Boykin, J. Franklin, Bacteria, Hyde developing.

I'm not sure why there is need for panic, or the sense that the Packers have to make some big splash now. There is a lot of talent that we hardly saw in 2013 that currently works at 1265 Lombardi. What do they need? Probably some ILB upgrades, a safety, a TE, and maybe a little more depth at WR and the DLine depending on who the team retains. Some reasonable FA acquisitions and a good deep draft can help fill these voids.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

There is no reason to expect those injured players will be worth their weight in salt on the field next season. IF they even get on the field.

I think some fans are stigmatized when a player gets hurt and treat it like a car hitting a dear. It'll never be the same and you never really got to hit full throttle to see the cars full potential in the first place. Thus, move on.

I noticed myself last year worrying about someone getting injured instead of "did we get the 1st?" or "did we stop them?". I kept thinking things like, please, no one hurt.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
10 years ago

"Wanting" the team to do something and "expecting" them to do something are entirely different. LOL. Snark. [mfing]

How do you feel about that steveishere? About "no matter what happens they probably won't win a super bowl next year?" The team is that far out of the mix, isn't it? That is precisely my point.

I want the Packers to do their homework, find the players that will put them into contention, keep the players they have healthy, and for the coaches to put them into the best possible positions for success. I want them to contend.

I happen to think if they really tried, they could legitimately contend THIS year. And, if they can do that, they will again next year, and probably the year after. Rodgers has about a 3-5 year window left to add a SB win or two. Why wait hopefully for the draft & develop stars to align, in two, or three, or four years?

You clearly have no confidence that they will win it this year. Next year? If we keep making the same mistakes, how will next year be any different, and the one after that? Was 2013 any different from 2012? I mean, other than being worse?

And, really???? "They are not really very far away from any other team either?" Are you F'ing kidding me? What did you not see last season, or the season before? We beat NOT A SINGLE TEAM WITH A WINNING RECORD! None.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef 

Yeah, we're not far away at all… [duh]

Originally Posted by: play2win 

I clearly have no confidence? No, your expectations are clearly out of whack. No team will probably win the Superbowl next year because it's hard to win the Superbowl. They lost in the playoffs to what looked like the second best team in the league at the last second with half their best players on defense out of the game so yeah they don't look that far away.
play2win
10 years ago

There is no reason to expect those injured players will be worth their weight in salt on the field next season. IF they even get on the field.

I think some fans are stigmatized when a player gets hurt and treat it like a car hitting a dear. It'll never be the same and you never really got to hit full throttle to see the cars full potential in the first place. Thus, move on.

I noticed myself last year worrying about someone getting injured instead of "did we get the 1st?" or "did we stop them?". I kept thinking things like, please, no one hurt.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

No kidding. Worthy has literally done nothing, and he's coming off an ACL going into year 3. Perry has done next to nothing, coming off a broken foot after a broken hand, again going into year 3. Hayward had two severe hamstring injuries, which was really unfortunate because he had such a solid rookie campaign. Clay always with the hammy and then the broken hand.

Expecting these players to all return to pre-draft form or to all of a sudden turn into the players we had hoped for when we drafted them may be a stretch. Matthews always seems to show up, but for how long. Would be great to see him healthy for an entire season and the playoffs. Same for the others, but I don't think we should be counting on that. I am hopeful though.

Man, I wish our team did something more proactive to keep their guys available. This has been an ongoing problem for 6 seasons.
play2win
10 years ago

I clearly have no confidence? No, your expectations are clearly out of whack. No team will probably win the Superbowl next year because it's hard to win the Superbowl. They lost in the playoffs to what looked like the second best team in the league at the last second with half their best players on defense out of the game so yeah they don't look that far away.

There you go again. Expectations? No. I never said I expected anything. I am wanting a better team, that's all.

There is a high probability we don't have Raji or Pickett next season. Counting on Datone Jones, who hardly even played in 2012 and Josh Boyd, who I like a lot, but is only entering his 2nd season as well - that seems to be hoping for a lot to fill and upgrade both DE and NT... So, that means more rookie players jumping into prime areas of need if we don't add FAs, quality FAs.

How many starters do we need on D? I see a need for upgrades at both FS and possibly SS (sadly, Morgan Burnett looked like a shell of himself in 2013), ILB, OLB, DE and DT. That's just on D. We may need a C, a TE and a WR. How does this team really improve if we don't double up on some higher picks for 2014?

We can't and shouldn't stick to our picks as they fall. Personally, I just don't think that is the right tact for this team, looking to add more SB Championships while Rodgers is in his prime. We need more true impact players. Not another Davon House who takes 4 years to develop into a mid level talent at best...

Somebody has to win the SB in 2014. Why not us? If we stick to what we've been doing, we probably won't be legitimate contenders for at least two more years. 8 drafted players aren't going to necessarily upgrade 8 positions. We are really far away from where we need to be. It normally takes a rookie S at least 2 years to develop. Most rookie DL are too small or don't have the strength for the pro level as rookies.

Not to mention, Dom Capers prefers veteran talent to run his D.

That is why I am hoping for one to two FA signings on D with the best talents we can find, and trading up for better quality talent in this upcoming draft. Cut bait with overvalued players like Brad Jones, Finley, Raji, maybe Mike Neal and Morgan Burnett. If Ted does his due diligence and adds some real players to this roster at key positions of need, we stand a chance, a real chance. If he sits back and lets the whole thing fall to him, again, draft and FA with more low-mid level signings, I highly doubt we can truly compete for the SB, with the likes of SEA, SF, CAR, PHI, KC, DEN etc all ascending.

Impact players. A lot of them. That is what we need. Why not get them now? Our offense is a Lamborghini and our defense is a giant, boxy, rusted out U-Haul trailer with a bum wheel and another about to fall off. Our Lamborghini has been pulling that fucker all over the place for years, and the sparks are still flying...
warhawk
10 years ago
Well, if you can't come back from injury you don't belong in the NFL.
How many players DON'T get hurt? They all get hurt sometime or another.

Today's world of medicine allows full recovery from knee and other injuries and dozens of players come back every year that proves this.

The only players I wonder about coming back at full strength is Sherrod because THAT was a bad injury and Finley because neck/spine is where you can talk about careers being over.

The other guys? No. A foot? A thumb? A hammy? Please. If every team looked at the end of year injury report and said "well, don't count on any of those guys" they would all be in a major rebuilding project every year.
"The train is leaving the station."
Fan Shout
dfosterf (17h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (18h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (21h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.