Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 10:20:16 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post
Apparently the draft this year is deep at WR

2014 NFL Draft wide receiver rankings

20. Ryan Grant | 6'1, 191 pounds | Wide receiver | Tulane

Ted should draft this guy, give him #25 and everyone with a Grant uni will be happy as hell!!!!

Laughing

Still think it is all part of the process, James isn't top 5 priority, but in the end if the money is right, he might be back.

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
thanks Post received 1 applause.
QCHuskerFan on 2/23/2014(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#12 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 10:38:31 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Yeah, buckeye, I think he will be back in time. Just going to take a while. You know Rodgers wants him back.
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#13 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 12:30:52 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 481
Applause Received: 292

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
James Jones has never met the lofty expectations I had for him. He's been a solid player, but very replaceable.

I don't know about lofty expectations - that would be Raji hahahaha. Jones was what? a third round pick? He is in the category of players who served the Packers well, and I wish him luck in getting big money from somebody - not quite like Jennings, but close.

He is IMO more than replaced by Boykin - who gets open just as well and catches the ball better, even though he isn't as much of a deep threat. With the need coming to re-sign Nelson and Cobb - true deep threats, letting Jones walk is the best move.

I like the sound of getting that Randy Moss clone (minus the attitude) which that Martavis guy might be, or somebody similar, providing the guy could actually catch. It would have to be a low round gem, though.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline nerdmann  
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 12:46:38 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,706
Applause Received: 664

JJ is getting to that age, but he's a leader and he's proven himself. I believe Ted would take him back for maybe a 2-3 year deal. Ted has a price, and he won't go beyond that.

But they've got some young guys they like too, Boykin obviously, Kevin Dorsey and Chris Harper. That Tracy White kid seems like a Jeff Query type guy too. Sucks we lost Charles Johnson, but we've still got guys. I'm personally more concerned about TE.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline steveishere  
#15 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 2:12:15 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
JJ is getting to that age, but he's a leader and he's proven himself. I believe Ted would take him back for maybe a 2-3 year deal. Ted has a price, and he won't go beyond that.

But they've got some young guys they like too, Boykin obviously, Kevin Dorsey and Chris Harper. That Tracy White kid seems like a Jeff Query type guy too. Sucks we lost Charles Johnson, but we've still got guys. I'm personally more concerned about TE.

Yeah Chris Harper lol, since people here seem to love John Schneider so much they should be fairly excited about Harper.
Offline El3ment12  
#16 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 2:52:05 PM(UTC)
El3ment12

Applause Given: 32
Applause Received: 24

Jones is very under appreciated. If he goes he will be missed.
Offline DakotaT  
#17 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 3:16:00 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 666
Applause Received: 1,372

Originally Posted by: El3ment12 Go to Quoted Post
Jones is very under appreciated. If he goes he will be missed.

It has been my experience in forum's like this, that Packers fans overvalue their players too much. Jordy and Cobb are our studs, the rest fill positions and are just average players; and it is fiscally irresponsible to overpay for a player like Jones. Off the top of my head, Jones single handedly lost us two Bear games, and in 2010 had embarrassing drops in the Philly playoff game and the Super Bowl. Like I posted earlier, I had lofty expectations for Jones because of his size/speed/strength combination - and he never came close to being the player I hoped would become.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#18 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 3:59:16 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
It has been my experience in forum's like this, that Packers fans overvalue their players too much. Jordy and Cobb are our studs, the rest fill positions and are just average players; and it is fiscally irresponsible to overpay for a player like Jones. Off the top of my head, Jones single handedly lost us two Bear games, and in 2010 had embarrassing drops in the Philly playoff game and the Super Bowl. Like I posted earlier, I had lofty expectations for Jones because of his size/speed/strength combination - and he never came close to being the player I hoped would become.

He had a clutch catch in the NFC Championship game v. CHI that year. I'll never forget that. Had his share of drops but I thought he came back around from that and was pretty reliable after the 2010 drops. I do agree he can be over valued, but Rodgers sure likes having him around. Would not be surprised to see a super cap friendly deal get done near the start of the season if no one else picks him up.
Offline DakotaT  
#19 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 4:11:59 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 666
Applause Received: 1,372

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
He had a clutch catch in the NFC Championship game v. CHI that year. I'll never forget that. Had his share of drops but I thought he came back around from that and was pretty reliable after the 2010 drops. I do agree he can be over valued, but Rodgers sure likes having him around. Would not be surprised to see a super cap friendly deal get done near the start of the season if no one else picks him up.

I'm sure James Jones wants to stay in Green Bay, what receiver wouldn't want to play with Rodgers? Question is what kind of home town discount is he willing to give?
UserPostedImage
Offline DarkaneRules  
#20 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 7:37:53 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

It's Jones or Cobb in my opinion. That's the decision. I think you go with Cobb.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Rss Feed