Gravedigga
15 years ago

defense is as good if not better

"go.pack.go." wrote:

You're kidding, right? The Jets defense is way better than ours.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

Agreed, WAY better by 1.6 points per game. Huge!!
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
longtimefan
15 years ago

defense is as good if not better

"Gravedigga" wrote:

You're kidding, right? The Jets defense is way better than ours.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

Agreed, WAY better by 1.6 points per game. Huge!!

"Gravedigga" wrote:

Grav what your doing is taking ALL points allowed..Which is including Bretts int for tds s/t returns for tds and fumble returns for tds

You have to just take the rushing and passing tds and fg

Packers DEFENSE gave up 20 rushing tds, the Jets DEFENSE gave up 10 rushing tds

Packers DEFENSE gave up 22 passing tds, the Jets DEFENSE gave up 23 passing tds

Packers allowed 25 fg or 75 points

Jets allowed 25 fg or 75 points

So Packers DEFENSE gave up 42 tds or 297 points + 75 in fg for total of 372 points by the DEFENSE = 23 points per game

Jets DEFENSE gave up 33 tds or 231 points + 75 fg points= 306 total points or 19 points per game

Now 4 more points then the Jets is much more then the 1.6 you been claiming
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
4 points is eerily similar to the margin by which we lost so many games this season.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago

4 points is eerily similar to the margin by which we lost so many games this season.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Never thought of that
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
So here are Rodgers' end-of-season statistics compared to the all-time greats in their fourth season, as provided by longtimefan.

QUARTERBACK   YARDS   TDS   INTS   RATING   COMP %
Aikman        3445     23    14     89.5     63.8
Moon          2806     21    21     74.2     50.0
Kelly         3130     25    18     86.2     58.3
Cunningham    3808     24    16     77.6     53.8
Montana       3565     19    12     88.4     63.7
Elway         3485     19    13     79.0     55.6
P. Manning    4131     26    23     84.1     62.7
Brady         3630     23    12     85.9     60.2
Marino        4746     44    23     92.5     60.7
Favre         3882     33    14     90.7     62.4

Rodgers       4038     28    13     93.8     63.6

As we can see, Rodgers has the highest quarterback rating (beating Marino by a full 1.3), second-highest completion percentage (Aikman's was 0.2% higher), second-fewest interceptions (Montana had 1 fewer), third-highest passing yardage (only P. Manning and Marino had more), and third-most TD passes (only Marino and Favre had more).

Rodgers obviously stacks up very well against these HOF greats.

Unfortunately, these statistical comparisons are worthless, in my opinion, because they utterly fail to take into consideration at least three key factors: 1) How many starts did these QBs have entering their fourth season (Rodgers had none -- P. Manning had at least 48); 2) how good were the running games and defenses these QBs had (Matt Ryan has a better record than Aaron Rodgers this season, despite throwing half the TDs, largely because Atlanta has the #2 running game in the league); and 3) how these statistics compared to the league overall that season (e.g., Rodgers' TD count this season is 4th in the league).

If we can compile these comparisons, it will make these statistics far more valuable.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago
To me if a q/b has more starts, IT should mean that he is more experienced and should have better numbers..

But that isnt the case here

Aikman 92 
5th in rushing, 5th in scoring allowed ( won SB )

Moon in 87 
14th in rushing, 19th in scoring allowed

Jim Kelly in 89 
3rd in rushing, 14th in scoring allowed

Cunningham in 88
17th in rushing, 14th in scoring allowed

Montana in 82
28th in rushing, 23rd in scoring allowed

Elway in 86
20th in rushing, 15th in  scoring allowed

Manning in 2001
7th in rushing, 31st in scoring allowed

Brady in 2003
27th in rushing, 1st in scoring allowed

Marino in 86
25th in rushing,  26th in scoring allowed

Brett in 94
19th in rushing, 5th in scoring allowed

Rodgers in 2008
17th in rushing, 22nd in scoring allowed
WhiskeySam
15 years ago

3) how these statistics compared to the league overall that season (e.g., Rodgers' TD count this season is 4th in the league).

If we can compile these comparisons, it will make these statistics far more valuable.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

For that last comparison you'll want to look at his ratios as well as the straight counting stats. This is what I was getting into on the thread in the Favre section. Rodgers this year threw a TD on 4.9% of his attempts. The league average was 3.9. He finished behind Rivers, Brees, Romo, Warner, and Tarvaris Jackson (only 7 games). His 2.4 INT% was better than the league average of 2.8, but puts him in the middle of the top TD% QBs. Roughly 5th in TD%, but roughly 10th in INT%. Good start with room for improvement especially in those shootouts where the last team with the ball wins. If he can shore up his performance there and start pulling out some of these games in spite of the defense, he'll take his place among the elite QBs of today. To even begin discussing him with the all-time greats, he's going to need to perform at that level for at least 5-7 years.
Nemo me impune lacessit
zombieslayer
15 years ago
Keep in mind how good his stats would be if Ted Thompson would get him an OL.

Take a look at his sack totals. They're pretty high compared to other QBs. He's 7th in total sacks.

I know earlier in the season, he was holding the ball too long so it was partly his fault but as the season progressed, he stopped doing that and developed a much faster release and more "pocket awareness."
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Rodgers was also instructed by the coaching staff to take sacks rather than attempt to force plays and risk interceptions. His higher sack numbers were expected this season.
UserPostedImage
macbob
15 years ago

So here are Rodgers' end-of-season statistics compared to the all-time greats in their fourth season, as provided by longtimefan.

QUARTERBACK   YARDS   TDS   INTS   RATING   COMP %
Aikman        3445     23    14     89.5     63.8
Moon          2806     21    21     74.2     50.0
Kelly         3130     25    18     86.2     58.3
Cunningham    3808     24    16     77.6     53.8
Montana       3565     19    12     88.4     63.7
Elway         3485     19    13     79.0     55.6
P. Manning    4131     26    23     84.1     62.7
Brady         3630     23    12     85.9     60.2
Marino        4746     44    23     92.5     60.7
Favre         3882     33    14     90.7     62.4

Rodgers       4038     28    13     93.8     63.6

As we can see, Rodgers has the highest quarterback rating (beating Marino by a full 1.3), second-highest completion percentage (Aikman's was 0.2% higher), second-fewest interceptions (Montana had 1 fewer), third-highest passing yardage (only P. Manning and Marino had more), and third-most TD passes (only Marino and Favre had more).

Rodgers obviously stacks up very well against these HOF greats.

Unfortunately, these statistical comparisons are worthless, in my opinion, because they utterly fail to take into consideration at least three key factors: 1) How many starts did these QBs have entering their fourth season (Rodgers had none -- P. Manning had at least 48); 2) how good were the running games and defenses these QBs had (Matt Ryan has a better record than Aaron Rodgers this season, despite throwing half the TDs, largely because Atlanta has the #2 running game in the league); and 3) how these statistics compared to the league overall that season (e.g., Rodgers' TD count this season is 4th in the league).

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I agree that the best comparison would be comparing each to league stats overall for each of their seasons, but even then I'm not sure you'll get a meaningful comparison.

For a true comparison, you need to know how would Rodgers have performed under similar circumstances. Supporting cast (OL, receivers, etc) differences may make any of these comparisons void. Take Brady last year--would his stats have been as good without Moss??? Would Montana's have been as good without Rice??? I don't think so.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (12h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (13h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (16h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (19h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Around The NFL / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.