Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#46 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 11:59:24 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Veteran Member

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 692
Applause Received: 1,427

Then let's go sign Byrd or Ward at safety, move Hayward to Corner and Hyde to the slot. Then use 1st or 2nd round pick on a corner.

I hate Drew $osenhous with a passion. Shields is important to the Packers, but he isn't even close to being a top ten corner yet.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#47 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 12:00:12 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Select Member

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,812
Applause Received: 683

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
Green Bay Packers impending free-agent CB Sam Shields will not agree to a deal before the start of free agency and will test the free-agent market. Shields could still re-sign with the Packers at some point.




With Packers having difficulty locking up CB Sam Shields prior to market opening, I'd expect the Browns to be among his chief suitors -
Jason La CanforaVerified account ‏@JasonLaCanfora


mike davis ‏@Mic_Dvs 2h

@JasonLaCanfora sam shields and haden would be a nice combo


With Green Bay he's got a shot at a ring.

It'll be interesting to see what teams offer. Probably more than Ted will offer, but I still think Sam will be back, one way or another.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DakotaT  
#48 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 12:11:08 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Veteran Member

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 692
Applause Received: 1,427

With Williams and the triple H guys, we probably have enough at corner to win. What I like about Shields though is his closing speed and long arms. Those are things a player has and can't be taught. That and he has had some huge picks for us in big games.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
texaspackerbacker on 3/1/2014(UTC)
Offline dhazer  
#49 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 3:08:13 PM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Rookie

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 54
Applause Received: 206

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
With Green Bay he's got a shot at a ring.

It'll be interesting to see what teams offer. Probably more than Ted will offer, but I still think Sam will be back, one way or another.


He isn't looking for a ring he has one already:( I see him going for the cash seeing he was so cheap to start his career
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline nerdmann  
#50 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 11:47:55 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Select Member

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,812
Applause Received: 683

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
He isn't looking for a ring he has one already:( I see him going for the cash seeing he was so cheap to start his career


Yeah, he went undrafted, so now it's time to get paid. I think Ted knows that.

90% he'll be back.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline sschind  
#51 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2014 9:53:41 AM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: Registered

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 134
Applause Received: 474

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, he went undrafted, so now it's time to get paid. I think Ted knows that.

90% he'll be back.


I'm banking on him being back also. I don't blame him for letting the market dictate his asking price. If he's a decent guy and he likes it here he will take any offer he gets back to the Packers and let them match it. They will probably even beat it.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
texaspackerbacker on 3/2/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#52 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2014 10:04:44 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Select Member

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,812
Applause Received: 683

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
I'm banking on him being back also. I don't blame him for letting the market dictate his asking price. If he's a decent guy and he likes it here he will take any offer he gets back to the Packers and let them match it. They will probably even beat it.



It's another opportunity for Ted to show he takes care of his guys.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline beast  
#53 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2014 7:59:38 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Registered

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 263
Applause Received: 325



I'm guessing Ted Thompson signs a CB in FA with talent enough to get onto the field. Not sure if it's going to be Shields or not.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline DakotaT  
#54 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2014 8:42:36 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Veteran Member

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 692
Applause Received: 1,427

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
I'm guessing Ted Thompson signs a CB in FA with talent enough to get onto the field. Not sure if it's going to be Shields or not.


If Shields doesn't get the tag tomorrow, I'd say he's gone. And I'd rather grab a top safety and let Hayward and House battle it out for the starting corner position.
UserPostedImage
Offline beast  
#55 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2014 9:45:02 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Registered

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 263
Applause Received: 325

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
If Shields doesn't get the tag tomorrow, I'd say he's gone. And I'd rather grab a top safety and let Hayward and House battle it out for the starting corner position.


Just wondering... if that happened, where would put Hyde?

So Shields is gone, and you grabbed a top Safety.

CB: Williams, Hayward, House, Bush

S: Top Safety, Burnett, Richardson, Jennings, Banjo


I think I'd keep Hyde at CB and I kind of like that idea. Smile

Don't really like Shields go... wouldn't hurt if they also signed a CB as well. Though it seems like a number of the second tier CB guys in this FA was under 5'10...
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline DakotaT  
#56 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2014 10:07:25 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Veteran Member

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 692
Applause Received: 1,427

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
Just wondering... if that happened, where would put Hyde?

So Shields is gone, and you grabbed a top Safety.

CB: Williams, Hayward, House, Bush

S: Top Safety, Burnett, Richardson, Jennings, Banjo


I think I'd keep Hyde at CB and I kind of like that idea. Smile

Don't really like Shields go... wouldn't hurt if they also signed a CB as well. Though it seems like a number of the second tier CB guys in this FA was under 5'10...


I think Hayward would start and Hyde and House would play nickel and dime. Bush only plays special teams, if he's on the field we're in trouble. I'd keep Richardson and Banjo and cut Jennings.

But if we end up signing Sam, I'd move Hyde to safety now, and then draft another corner. Let Williams play out his final year. All this will get panned out in the next 10 days or so, but I hope we don't go into the draft without a starter next to Burnett. Bad mistake by Ted Thompson last year by not finding a better player than Jennings.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages«<234
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Recent Topics
23m / Green Bay Packers Talk / RaiderPride

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / RaiderPride

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / mi_keys

26-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

26-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

26-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / OlHoss1884

26-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

25-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

25-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf


Tweeter