buckeyepackfan
10 years ago
Maybe some should just sit back and wait a few days, nobody knows what information is being thrown around just keep the media busy.

Raji's gone, now Raji's back.

Shields wants 5 mil a year, Shields wants 10 mil a year.

Everybody has their own idea of what they want The Packer roster to look like and it's fun to try and guess what's going to happen.

In the end, most are going to be disappointed, or very happy because they will be able to rail on Ted Thompson and some of the players he has decided to bring back.

The only real difference this year is that there is a large number of guys hitting the FA market.

Questions will start being answered starting in about a week and lasting for another 10 days or so.

My prediction

Pickett, Neal, Lattimore and Jolly(if healthy) eventually will be back on D.

Raji and Shields (and I hope I am wrong), will be offered more money than Ted wants to spend.

Francois, Wilson and Jennings never in the picture.

Flynn, Quarless, J. Jones, Kuhn, and EDS will be back on offense.
Starks will get an offer to high to turn down.
Finley will leave because I just don't see The Packers taking the chance of him re-injuring himself.

Newhouse, Wallace and Bell were never in the picture.

How wrong am I? How right am I?
Don't know, don't care, whoever ted decides to keep and whoever runs onto the field opening day 2014, those are the guys I'll be cheering on, because as much as I hate to admit it.

Ted and Company know a hell of a lot more than I do when it come to evealuating and signing players.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago

I don't think moving him to NT is doing what HE wants. It is what is best for the team. I believe the reason they had him playing at DE was more a limitation of Pickett than anything else. They wanted both Raji and Pickett on the field and there was more of a drop off having Pickett at DE than Raji.

Will need to see what the deal is worth, I would hope maybe 4mil for the season.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

I'm wasn't talking about him playing NT but more how they plan on using him. It's no secret he doesn't like the scheme and being asked to absorb blocks instead of being turned loose to attack more in the backfield.

Exploring BJ Raji's uncertain future 

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
porky88
10 years ago
Much of Raji's problems is he's terrible in Green Bay's sub packages. The Packers go to their sub-package more than their base. Connect the dots. This season, Datone Jones and Mike Daniels are the two guys they want playing in their sub packages. Daniels is a lock. I suspect his role will significantly increase next season. Jones is the wild card. He needs to take a big leap. Either way, though, you’re probably looking at a reduced role for Raji. My guess is they want him to fill Ryan Pickett’s role. He'd play the base and their short-yardage package. This could help him. It’s also disappointing for somebody who was the ninth overall pick.
Yerko
10 years ago

im curious who you believe these "decent" players are.

Worthy- unimpressive rookie year, blew out a knee which cost him another.

Datone- diddnt do much to prove anything

Boyd - (see Datone)

Danials- maybe

Wilson- proven awful (FA)

Jolly- neck injury, faded as the season went on. (FA)

Pickett- sucks (FA)

Raji- sucks (FA)

we have 4 guys under contract, and collectively they probably make up one of, if not THE worst DL in football going into this season.

Originally Posted by: Laser Gunns 

Daniels has been nothing but a beast for the Packers and continues to improve his game each season. Remember, he was immediately given the tag of being undersized and not adding much to the Packers defense. So far, he has added the most out of any defensive linemen the Packers have brought in the past 2-3 years. Not defending texaspackerbacker's claim but I believe a "maybe" isn't giving that guy the credit he deserves.
Aside from Daniels, the rest of this line is unproven. Da'tone might be the next best thing for this defensive line. Other than that, I don't see much.

I think a 1 year/$4 million deal with Raji at NT would benefit both sides but I doubt it happens. I am wondering if any of this rumor is true. Why would he reject $8 million a year but come back and accept a 1 year deal worth $4 million. What would make him come back for that kind of deal? I find it hard to believe there will not be a 4-3 team out there willing to overspend on him.
UserPostedImage
Laser Gunns
10 years ago

Daniels has been nothing but a beast for the Packers and continues to improve his game each season. Remember, he was immediately given the tag of being undersized and not adding much to the Packers defense. So far, he has added the most out of any defensive linemen the Packers have brought in the past 2-3 years. Not defending texaspackerbacker's claim but I believe a "maybe" isn't giving that guy the credit he deserves.
Aside from Daniels, the rest of this line is unproven. Da'tone might be the next best thing for this defensive line. Other than that, I don't see much.

I think a 1 year/$4 million deal with Raji at NT would benefit both sides but I doubt it happens. I am wondering if any of this rumor is true. Why would he reject $8 million a year but come back and accept a 1 year deal worth $4 million. What would make him come back for that kind of deal? I find it hard to believe there will not be a 4-3 team out there willing to overspend on him.

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

I like Danny boy, but I need to see more. Need to see him with a higher snap % over a longer time.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

After reportedly receiving one- and two-year contract offers from the Packers, you couldn’t blame defensive lineman B.J. Raji if he wanted to check his options elsewhere.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, that’s exactly what Raji is doing. Raji intends to see what other teams might be willing to offer, Rapoport reported Saturday.

link 
UserPostedImage
Laser Gunns
10 years ago

link 

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Vikings will sign him.

It's what they do.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
nerdmann
10 years ago

Vikings will sign him.

It's what they do.

Originally Posted by: Laser Gunns 

I bet they make a play for James Jones.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dhazer
10 years ago

I bet they make a play for James Jones.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

That wouldn't be a bad offense with Patterson, Jennings and Jones with ALL Day. [wasntme] nevermind I forgot we are talking about the vikings lol

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago

That wouldn't be a bad offense with Patterson, Jennings and Jones with ALL Day. [wasntme] nevermind I forgot we are talking about the vikings lol

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

They'd need a QB.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
dfosterf (16h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (17h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (20h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (23h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.