IronMan
  • IronMan
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
Biggest cluster-fuck EVER.

Headed to Green Bay last Friday:

"We will start boarding as soon as we can find the pilot. Thank you for your patience."

Then 6 hours, and 7 gate changes later(I am not joking), I finally get to Green Bay.

Return flight yesterday:

They de-ice the plane, we taxi out to the runway, then all of a sudden we turn around and taxi back to the jet bridge.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the de-icing process was not done correctly, and we will need to repeat the process. Thank you for your patience."

So, they de-ice again, and we sit there, and wait, and wait, and wait some more.

"Ladies and gentlemen, just a little update; the de-icing truck ran out of de-icing fluid, and we will need to repeat the process. We will take off as soon as it is completed. Thank you for your blah blah blah."

So I get to Chicago and of course I missed my connecting flight to Springfield, and had to stay the night at a hotel, AT MY EXPENSE.

Still stuck in Chicago. I hope to make it home today, but United may have other plans.

Please do not EVER use United Airlines. EVER

NEVER.
longtimefan
15 years ago
Call and complain to the highest person you can get to
DGB454
15 years ago
They should owe you some free miles or something.
IronMan
  • IronMan
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
15 years ago

They should owe you some free miles or something.

"DGB454" wrote:

I would rather be kicked in the nuts repeatedly, than board another United flight.
gotarace
15 years ago
I fly a lot for my business. I avoid united like the plauge. They have delayed, rerouted and cancelled more flights than every other airlines i have flown combined. On a flight to cancun with my wife they overbooked the flight by 45 seats and the place turned into a caged wrestling match. People were crying, screaming and pushing to get to the service counter. I look at the wife and ask to see our boarding passes, They have assigned seat numbers so i just smile and watch the action. They come out with a bull horn and 5 airport police trying to calm the crowd. It was a sight i never forgot and the deciding factor in never flying united again.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
dfosterf
15 years ago
I hear you Dave, but hear me out, at least the whole de-icing thing. I was at the Pentagon when the Air Florida crash happened. I walked over to the 14th street bridge. It was during a big snowstorm in D.C. I didn't see the crash, but I did see the guy go in and rescue someone, all the people in the water/ice, I saw the stew getting airlifted by the helicopter, I saw the guy drown, and I saw the plane ultimately sink. Also, you need to know I am "from" there, as I mostly grew up in Northern Va. after Wisconsin. As fate would have it, my good friend's (still) sister and her daughter were on that plane. I actually dated her in high school a couple of times. The snow was that "wet" snow, and I think the pilots made the decision to take-off because the temp was just below freezing, etc. They actually discussed going back to the gate for a second de-icing, but because of the snowstorm, were already heavily delayed and National was "backed-up" , so they tried to take off anyway.

Now, I'm not saying that you didn't get the royal shaft from United, but I personally witnessed and personally felt an alternative outcome. Her name (maiden) was Kathy Koger-Trice, (I didn't know her daughters name). I have seen a lot in my lifetime, but that one really sticks to me.

I thought you might want to know about this, as it might make you just a little less pissed at the Airline.
longtimefan
15 years ago
I think the de-cing and going back might have been annoying and maybe just breaking the camels back, but at LEAST they were trying to be very safe

its the fact they made him pay for hotel when it wasnt even his fault
dfosterf
15 years ago

I think the de-cing and going back might have been annoying and maybe just breaking the camels back, but at LEAST they were trying to be very safe

its the fact they made him pay for hotel when it wasnt even his fault

"longtimefan" wrote:

Oh, I understand, and I don't mean to discount the extreme aggravation in any way. I would be pissed, too. At the same time, after reading Dave's post, there is NO WAY I could not share that experience.

I also feel compelled to share this part. Kathy lived in (I think) Daytona Beach. She was in the process of a divorce, and if memory serves me, the reason she was in D.C. was to sign the final divorce decree. Because of that crash, there was no divorce. The prick "husband" got the settlement money from the airline for his "wife" and daughter. I didn't know the guy, as I was gone in the military, but all my friends from D.C. did, and the absolute consensus was that he was a good looking "player", that was cheating on her even before they were married.

Just sharing this still eats at me...that guy would not want to ever meet me, I promise you that.

Sorry-- a complete diversion of this thread, resume the bitching, lol, I hate United also.
Cheesey
15 years ago
Well.....even though it was a hassle, better to de-ice then take a chance. The same thing happened when we had to fly to a friend's funeral in Montana in 2003. I don't honestly remember what airline it was.
But we de-iced, the de-icer truck ran out, and we had to wait for another. Then we taxied, the co-pilot came back and looked at the wings, and we went back and hed to de-ice again.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago
Flown many a airline in my days.. pre and post 9/11.. they all have there crap days.. out of all of them.. Northwest was the most reliable of the group in my experiences.. but flying out of CWA most flights went through MSP and that is there home hub.. Detroit was usually a decent exchange as well.. Midwest was always pretty decent as well.

Flew out of Boston twice in 02'.. talk about a hassle.. understandable to a point but boardline crazy.

If I had to route through Chi-Town.. I expected the worst each and every flight...
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (14h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (15h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (21h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (21h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (21h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (21h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (21h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (22h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.