10 years ago
How about trading back if Mosely, Pryor, Dix and/or Nix are all taken? Take Jimmie Ward and stock up on picks in a draft that's very deep. Aaron Donald also intrigues me esepcially if we are going to play a multi-D.
porky88
10 years ago

He's the highest rated interior lineman in the draft, can play OG or OT, and none of the mocks show anyone picking him earlier.

Originally Posted by: OlHoss1884 

David Yankey may have something to say about that.

The odds of Pryor, Clinton-Dix, Mosley, Nix, or even Ebron all being off the board by the time Green Bay picks is slim.
dhazer
10 years ago
I say we trade back to early 2nd and grab borland and a safety later
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be šŸ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
sschind
10 years ago

He's the highest rated interior lineman in the draft, can play OG or OT, and none of the mocks show anyone picking him earlier.

That's one thing I look for when I look at mock drafts. Since I don't know these guys from Adam I rely on the experts to inform me.

If I see one expert predicting a player that several other experts have going to teams before the Packers I think "OK, this guy might not be such a bad pick. Lots of guys have him going before the Packers pick at 21"

If I see a player that no one predicts will go before the Packers pick I can't help but wonder why. Is he a big reach at #21. Sometimes I'll look and see a bunch of experts listing him 2 or 3 or 4 places behind and think "OK, that's not so bad. Someone has to take him and if they would take him at 24 or 25 or 26 maybe 21 isn't so bad"

Obviously an interior lineman isn't usually that high on anyone's board so it makes it a little more difficult to use my approach than say with a skill position player or a D- lineman or D back but it works for me.

Usually however I just wait until Ted makes the pick and hope he hits one out of the park. In truth its all we really can do anyway.
DakotaT
10 years ago
Hyde is already a better safety prospect than either of those Prior or Dix. A third round safety maybe. I think we take a TE or WR in the first round if one falls. We're going to have a pass rush this season and our safeties are not going to look nearly as bad as last year.
UserPostedImage
OlHoss1884
10 years ago

The odds of Pryor, Clinton-Dix, Mosley, Nix, or even Ebron all being off the board by the time Green Bay picks is slim.

Originally Posted by: porky88 

I looked at Yankey but he has a lot of flaws and he's rated as a 2nd rounder. He might be a consideration if they trade down.

I think Clinton-Dix, Mosley and Pryor are certainly going to be gone, but Nix may not.

Ultimately it will be a matter of seeing if someone slips. Will there be a B or Pass Rusher run? With a deep draft it could go a lot of ways.

There are some good big wideouts on the board and some big DB's as well...that looks like our round 2 to me. I see a C in round 3, TE in round 4 and some lineman and LB's later.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Yeah I was going to say that it will be the old BOA because we will have to see who is still there when their spot comes up.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago

How about trading back if Mosely, Pryor, Dix and/or Nix are all taken? Take Jimmie Ward and stock up on picks in a draft that's very deep. Aaron Donald also intrigues me esepcially if we are going to play a multi-D.

Originally Posted by: Scuba_Steve747 

Trade back to mid-20s to take Ward? I've been seeing mocks with him going in that range. Or do you think he'll be there in the early 2nd?

Hyde is already a better safety prospect than either of those Prior or Dix. A third round safety maybe. I think we take a TE or WR in the first round if one falls. We're going to have a pass rush this season and our safeties are not going to look nearly as bad as last year.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

How many game reps did Hyde have at S last year? And he might be better than Pryor or Clinton-Dix but I doubt he's better than Ward.

ā€œNah. I like having the island. Itā€™s pretty cool...not too many visitorsā€
UserPostedImage
"Iā€™ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
porky88
10 years ago

I looked at Yankey but he has a lot of flaws and he's rated as a 2nd rounder. He might be a consideration if they trade down.

I think Clinton-Dix, Mosley and Pryor are certainly going to be gone, but Nix may not.

Ultimately it will be a matter of seeing if someone slips. Will there be a B or Pass Rusher run? With a deep draft it could go a lot of ways.

There are some good big wideouts on the board and some big DB's as well...that looks like our round 2 to me. I see a C in round 3, TE in round 4 and some lineman and LB's later.

The only thing certain about the NFL draft is nothing is certain.
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago

The only thing certain about the NFL draft is nothing is certain.

Not even Ted Thompson trading down at least once through the draft? šŸ¤”
ā€œNah. I like having the island. Itā€™s pretty cool...not too many visitorsā€
UserPostedImage
"Iā€™ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (18h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? šŸ„ŗ I think that means you missed more than half of them šŸ˜¢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead šŸ¤Ŗ
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.