Zero2Cool
10 years ago

UserPostedImage
There's no way for us to know exactly what happened some 13.8 billion years ago, when our universe burst onto the scene. But scientists announced Monday a breakthrough in understanding how our world as we know it came to be.

Source  wrote:

Pretty friggin neat.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
10 years ago
Well, they can make up anything they want to "prove" the big bang theory.
How do we disprove it?
You could say that aliens came here and made mankind and you couldn't disprove that theory either.

The big bang and evolutionists believe that ANYTHING is possible, as long as you have LOTS of time. (Anything except intellegent design from a creator, that is).

And while we are on that, according to the big bang, "A dot as tiny as the period in this sentence spun around faster and faster and EXPLODED and made every star, planet and universe." Wow....talk about needind blind faith to believe something.
They NEVER say where this "dot" came from in the first place, or what made it spin.
So then, have they really accomplished anything about our origins?

I mean, how many of you own a computer? If you are reading this, you probably own one or at least have access to one. How many of you believe that the computer you are using, or your cell phone, or high def TV came into being by an explosion in a electronics factory?

Yet we are to believe that all the amazing things in our world, all the animals, fish, plants, birds and all came to be by some blind chance of an explosion.
Man, under perfect conditions in a lab can't produce life. Yet they try to tell us this all just "happened", with absolutely NO proof to back any of it up.

If the earth was "millions of years old", it would have burned to bits LONG ago as it would have been right up against the sun that far back.

Plus, if something is spinning and explodes, anything that flew off of it would be spinning in the same direction. THAT is true science. Yet we have planets that are in our own solar system that rotate the opposite of the earth.

I believe there is alot more proof that the earth is around 6 thousand years old, and that we were created by intellegent design and not the result of some freak explosion "billions of years ago."
That's my belief at least, for what it's worth.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
Of course, we know exactly what happened 13.8 billion or whatever years ago. It's right there in Genesis 1:1 - "In the beginning, God created the heavens ......." - and continued 4.6 billion years or so ago "and the earth". If science wants to theorize that HE did that with a Big Bang, who are we to argue. Then, somewhere around the end of what is called the Mesozoic Era, Genesis 1:2 occurred - the world dominated by dinosaurs and glossopteris flora "became void and without form" by events detailed in Revelation 12:9-12. Then, Cheesey, God started over about 6,000 years ago, as outlined beginning in Genesis 1:3. IMHO, the concept of God creating the world 6,000 years ago is both indefensible and unBiblical. However, given the ambiguities of stratification and the flaws in radioactive dating, the concept of 6 literal days of Creation about 6,000 years ago - seed plants, higher forms of animals, transition from a methane and ammonia atmosphere to a nitrogen/oxygen atmosphere, etc. has not been contradicted by anything science can prove.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Pack93z
10 years ago
Here I was expecting Sheldon to announce he was gay or getting married.. maybe both.. lol.

On topic... we see evolution at work everyday in nature and mankind... our species is evolving with weight ratios.. we do not have to work as physical for our food, entertainment, etc.. and we are simply becoming a "larger" frame species.

In a religious aspect however, just because there is evolution, it does not mean there isn't a higher power.. a God or whatever format your religion worships. Is evolution a trait God supplied? Is it a adaptation of his creation?

I am open minded about it.. heck I got tossed from CCD because I dared to challenge the bibles words (man's interpretation to be precise), even when I explained the basis for my questions. I fail to see why if someone believes so firmly, why this discussion is so emotional and invokes discord.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Here I was expecting Sheldon to announce he was gay or getting married.. maybe both.. lol.

On topic... we see evolution at work everyday in nature and mankind... our species is evolving with weight ratios.. we do not have to work as physical for our food, entertainment, etc.. and we are simply becoming a "larger" frame species.

In a religious aspect however, just because there is evolution, it does not mean there isn't a higher power.. a God or whatever format your religion worships. Is evolution a trait God supplied? Is it a adaptation of his creation?

I am open minded about it.. heck I got tossed from CCD because I dared to challenge the bibles words (man's interpretation to be precise), even when I explained the basis for my questions. I fail to see why if someone believes so firmly, why this discussion is so emotional and invokes discord.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

What you don't see every day, in fact, what you don't see at all - never have, never will - is evolution from one species to another - the missing link concept - which, of course will always be ....... MISSING. Sure, that small scale stuff exists - the moth that changed color or whatever in Industrial Revolution era England, that sort of thing. Darwin's THEORY of Evolution - which atheists are so in love with - has never been proven and never will be.

When I was a geology student in college, Huttonian Uniformitarianism theory was the prevailing concept - basically the geologic equivalent of Darwin's evolution theory - nothing has ever happened that we don't see happening right now. That theory has now been discredited. Continental Drift and Catastrophism - first cousins of Creationism - are now accepted by the same professors who ridiculed them a generation or two ago. Sooner or later, Darwin's Theory of Evolution will hit the same scrap heap as Uniformitarianism.

Christians do not need to run from the Bible because of anything science can prove or demonstrate. The Theory of Evolution, on the other hand, is NOT proven science. Rather, it amounts to a religion itself - the religion of atheism - which, ironically, take even more faith in what can't be proven than the Bible.

Cheesey
10 years ago
My God doesn't need evolution. HE has the power to speak things into existance.

If He used evolution, then why wouldn't He have just said so? Why does it say He created man in His own image?
To me, either you believe the Bible as the word of God, or you don't.
If you think its just a book of stories, then how can you believe any of it? I mean, why did Jesus have to come here to die for our sins if it's just a "neato" story book?

As far as daily evolution, micro evolution does happen. But it ONLY can go as far as what is already in the creature or plants DNA. NOTHING is ever added. You don't see a bird growing fins or gills, or a cow sprouting wings. Yet those kinds of things have to happen for evolution as Darwin says to be true.

Texas, as far as the moth that "changed colors", if you studied about that, here's something you might want to consider. When the trees were white, what color of moth would have stood out as easy prey for the local birds? Yup, the dark ones. The white ones blended in with the trees. And when the soot made the trees dark, what moth was NOW easy for the birds to pick out? Yup, the white ones.
God was smart enough to make sure of the moth's survival by having the color variations all along.
And add in the fact that all along both the light color and dark color ones were what? 100% MOTHS. They didn't evolve into some other thing.

Shawn, weight, height, whatever, we are still 100% HUMAN. Nothing has really changed, and can ONLY change as far as what is in our DNA already. People that live on islands that run out of food don't sprout wings and fly to where the food is. Or grow gills and fins to swim under water. Wouldn't those things be beneficial? Yet it isn't happening anywhere in the world.
And think about this.....evolution takes "millions of years". How did sea creatures survive when they were evolving into land animals? When their gills and fins evolved too far to work as fins and gills, yet not far enough to work as legs and lungs?
They would have died.
Or how about, how did male and female creatures evolve at the same exact time, allowing species to procreate?
I saw in a book where I believe it was called "puntuated evolution" was shown. They had a drawing of an aligator with one of it's eggs hatching out a bird! I mean, how do they think up that stuff? I know, because it's the only way they can make it all work is by making up crazy stuff and feeding it to young minds.

And how about the fossil known as "Lucy"? I say on TV where a "scientist" took what was actually found, and because it didn't fit his belief that "Lucy" was a human ancestor, remade her hip bones to look like she walked upright like a human. Also adding "human" feet, even though no foot bones were found. Museums all over the U.S. show this remade "Lucy" standing upright with human feet. Is this "science"? Fact is, Lucy was a species of ape as the pelvis bones showed. But it didn't fit evolution, so they changed it and tell people that was how it was.
They do that stuff all the time, and pass it off as "fact".

Check out the lobed finned fish known as the coelicanth. They found fossil remains of it along side dinosaur fossils. They said it was PROOF of evolution, that the fins were in the process of becoming legs. That is, until the 1930's, when a live one was caught in a fisherman's net. Since then, they found many of them and I have seen video of divers swimming with them.
Now.....did the evolutionists that bragged that they were proof of evolution admit it actually disproved evolution? Nope....of course not! They then said "Isn't it amazing that the coelicanth survived MILLIONS OF YEARS UNCHANGED???" Huh??? I thought it was proof of evolution? Even with this real proof in front of them, they could allow themselves the POSSIBILITY that evolution didn't happen.

I believe God's word, that HE created everything in 6 days. And I have never seen anything that even comes close to proving otherwise. So I guess I'll follow Him, and in faith, believe Him.
It's not emotional to me. If people want to think I'm nuts for believeing the Bible, it's OK with me. I do understand it. People today are bombarded daily by those that want to push evolution, so I KNOW it's hard to take any other stand. In public schools, you can't carry a Bible or try to say why you believe in creationism without being ridiculed today. You are taught that if you believe anything but evolution, you are ignorant.
I have looked at all the "proof" of evolution (the big kind, not the micro that is real) and none of it can stand up against any real scrutiny.
I can't "prove" to you that God exists or that He created everything, but I ask you to look at all the amazing things and try to think of how it came to be by blind chance. To me, it would take a whole lot more "faith" to believe in that.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

My God doesn't need evolution. HE has the power to speak things into existance.

If He used evolution, then why wouldn't He have just said so? Why does it say He created man in His own image?
To me, either you believe the Bible as the word of God, or you don't.
If you think its just a book of stories, then how can you believe any of it? I mean, why did Jesus have to come here to die for our sins if it's just a "neato" story book?

As far as daily evolution, micro evolution does happen. But it ONLY can go as far as what is already in the creature or plants DNA. NOTHING is ever added. You don't see a bird growing fins or gills, or a cow sprouting wings. Yet those kinds of things have to happen for evolution as Darwin says to be true.

Texas, as far as the moth that "changed colors", if you studied about that, here's something you might want to consider. When the trees were white, what color of moth would have stood out as easy prey for the local birds? Yup, the dark ones. The white ones blended in with the trees. And when the soot made the trees dark, what moth was NOW easy for the birds to pick out? Yup, the white ones.
God was smart enough to make sure of the moth's survival by having the color variations all along.
And add in the fact that all along both the light color and dark color ones were what? 100% MOTHS. They didn't evolve into some other thing.

Shawn, weight, height, whatever, we are still 100% HUMAN. Nothing has really changed, and can ONLY change as far as what is in our DNA already. People that live on islands that run out of food don't sprout wings and fly to where the food is. Or grow gills and fins to swim under water. Wouldn't those things be beneficial? Yet it isn't happening anywhere in the world.
And think about this.....evolution takes "millions of years". How did sea creatures survive when they were evolving into land animals? When their gills and fins evolved too far to work as fins and gills, yet not far enough to work as legs and lungs?
They would have died.
Or how about, how did male and female creatures evolve at the same exact time, allowing species to procreate?
I saw in a book where I believe it was called "puntuated evolution" was shown. They had a drawing of an aligator with one of it's eggs hatching out a bird! I mean, how do they think up that stuff? I know, because it's the only way they can make it all work is by making up crazy stuff and feeding it to young minds.

And how about the fossil known as "Lucy"? I say on TV where a "scientist" took what was actually found, and because it didn't fit his belief that "Lucy" was a human ancestor, remade her hip bones to look like she walked upright like a human. Also adding "human" feet, even though no foot bones were found. Museums all over the U.S. show this remade "Lucy" standing upright with human feet. Is this "science"? Fact is, Lucy was a species of ape as the pelvis bones showed. But it didn't fit evolution, so they changed it and tell people that was how it was.
They do that stuff all the time, and pass it off as "fact".

Check out the lobed finned fish known as the coelicanth. They found fossil remains of it along side dinosaur fossils. They said it was PROOF of evolution, that the fins were in the process of becoming legs. That is, until the 1930's, when a live one was caught in a fisherman's net. Since then, they found many of them and I have seen video of divers swimming with them.
Now.....did the evolutionists that bragged that they were proof of evolution admit it actually disproved evolution? Nope....of course not! They then said "Isn't it amazing that the coelicanth survived MILLIONS OF YEARS UNCHANGED???" Huh??? I thought it was proof of evolution? Even with this real proof in front of them, they could allow themselves the POSSIBILITY that evolution didn't happen.

I believe God's word, that HE created everything in 6 days. And I have never seen anything that even comes close to proving otherwise. So I guess I'll follow Him, and in faith, believe Him.
It's not emotional to me. If people want to think I'm nuts for believeing the Bible, it's OK with me. I do understand it. People today are bombarded daily by those that want to push evolution, so I KNOW it's hard to take any other stand. In public schools, you can't carry a Bible or try to say why you believe in creationism without being ridiculed today. You are taught that if you believe anything but evolution, you are ignorant.
I have looked at all the "proof" of evolution (the big kind, not the micro that is real) and none of it can stand up against any real scrutiny.
I can't "prove" to you that God exists or that He created everything, but I ask you to look at all the amazing things and try to think of how it came to be by blind chance. To me, it would take a whole lot more "faith" to believe in that.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I'm with you completely on the Theory of Evolution, Cheesey.

On the Creation being just 6,000 years ago, though, that's not Biblically accurate even if you go by Usshur's adding up of all the begetting and ages. The Bible just says "In the beginning ....." And that beginning could just as well have been 13.8 billion years ago. The Big Bang could also be merely a scientific theory of HOW God did it. The six days of Genesis begin with the third verse. And nothing there can be refuted by science.

PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago
Dr. Ian Malcolm: God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.

Dr. Ellie Sattler: Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth.

There is so much unknown I find it hilarious what people who try to use science as proof that there is no god or creator claim as having been proven. Sure things evolve, but wouldn't it be realistic to believe that a god would create things to evolve? When they talk about how close genetically man and ape are, wouldn't it also make sense that a god creating all things would create things similar?

I don't know if what I believe is the truth or not. I am always willing to listen to alternate theories and beliefs. What I find hard to stomach is the greater than all attitude of people who talk about science, and clearly have no understanding of scientific practices.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Cheesey
10 years ago
Texas....I haven't seen anything proving that the earth is millions of years old.
As I said before, if it was, it would have fried as the earth
Is moving away from the sun a little each year.
Go backwards using the amount of distance the
Earth moves away from the sun, go back millions
of years, and the earth is a fried ball with no way
life could have been on it.
Say my timing is wrong. The earth isn't much more then
6000 years old. Certainly not by millions of years.
The Grand Canyon was made by the flood
of Noah's time. Not by "millions of years".
The Mt. St. Helens eruption produced a mini
version of the Grand Canyon in a matter of days.
Imagine it on a global scale and you can see
how the Grand Canyon was created.

Packfanwithtwins made many great points.
Evolutionists say that the similarities we have
with animals proves we have a common ancestor.
I'd say it proves we have a common creator!
God used the same things to create everything.
If He didn't, we couldn't digest what we eat.

I see it as: My faith/belief in God costs me
nothing. If I'm wrong and there is no God, I
will die and go no where. Heck, I won't even know
I was wrong! But if I'm right, you could be
betting your eternity and your family's
eternity.
In other words, I have nothing to lose putting
my trust in God and not in man.

I wouldn't force my beliefs on anyone. I share
my faith to try to give others what I have.
I'm sure not getting any riches here!
I don't know where my next months rent
is coming from! LOL!
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
I've never been one to argue against the 6,000 years since Creation concept, but it is pretty hard to support in the face of rock stratification, astronomy, etc. I would agree that none of the prevailing geologic stuff is proven either, though. My point was and is that the Bible does NOT say - not directly, not by the Usshur thing adding up ages, etc. that Genesis 1:1 - God creating the heavens and the earth - occurred 6,000 years ago. It just says what and who, not when. And Genesis 1:2 states clearly the earth became void and without form - basically messed up - further explained in Revelation 12:9-12 - the devil and 1/3 of the angels being cast down to earth after the war in the heavens. Then Genesis 1:3 begins the description of the literal 6 days about 6,000 years ago, NOTHING of which contradicts proveable (or even plausible) science. There clearly are dinosaurs, though, as well as clear evidence of a whole different fauna and flora system that was, and is now gone. Those bones and reconstructions in museums are not phony. Why confront science on that and things like the Big Bang Theory when they are completely consistent with the Bible - right there in verse 1 and verse 2?
Fan Shout
dfosterf (54m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (5h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (19h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
57m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.